Post a reply

Your final

Postby Casey

So who do you want to see in the final?

For me, here are some of the best line up's possible -

Selby v Ronnie - a bit of needle in this one. Two top players, the defending champ against the World number 1 and man of the season so far. They have played out some classics in the past and it wouldn't get better than a re-match in a World final.

Robbo v Trump - another match with a bit of needle and they always have close matches and I could imagine some of the long balls slamming in for this one.

Selby v Robbo - I think this would be played out as a masterclass of matchplay from both players. They are about to go heads up for the 4th time this season in China. Selby has the edge at the minute and History would be on the line for both players - (Robbo going for X2 WC and Selby looking to do the triple crown)

Allen v Higgins - the out and out potter against the player with the best allround game. Allen can play no miss snooker in finals and John would be a great contrast of style to make it a classic.

Re: Your final

Postby Smart

Casey wrote:So who do you want to see in the final?

For me, here are some of the best line up's possible -

Selby v Ronnie - a bit of needle in this one. Two top players, the defending champ against the World number 1 and man of the season so far. They have played out some classics in the past and it wouldn't get better than a re-match in a World final.

Robbo v Trump - another match with a bit of needle and they always have close matches and I could imagine some of the long balls slamming in for this one.

Selby v Robbo - I think this would be played out as a masterclass of matchplay from both players. They are about to go heads up for the 4th time this season in China. Selby has the edge at the minute and History would be on the line for both players - (Robbo going for X2 WC and Selby looking to do the triple crown)

Allen v Higgins - the out and out potter against the player with the best allround game. Allen can play no miss snooker in finals and John would be a great contrast of style to make it a classic.

Selby vs Ronnie - would be enjoyable from purely a rivalry point of view. There is definite needle and for me that always adds something to a snooker match. ROS getting 5 world titles would be commensurate for his ability (minimum), and it can be argued that Selby is worthy of 1 world title. Fans and forums would go mental over that final.

Robbo vs Trump - I would really enjoy this final as a neutral. Dislike both players but love the match up and the fact that they have history only adds to the match up. The fact that Robbo tried to sledge BJ before their R1 clash and then BJ knocked him out makes another meeting in Sheffield very much appealing.

Selby vs Robbo - Another intriguing match up and one I would enjoy without pulling for either player.

Allen vs Higgo - not appealing to me.

<ok>

Postby GJ

ronnie v robbo

Postby Skullman

Now that both halves are sorted:

Selby v Higgins: Two top match players who should be at their best if they've reached the final. Think Selby is a better player now than he was and should be fluent but with some great tactical exchanges.

Selby v Judd: Two top players who haven't met enough and for the sheer contrast in styles.

Selby v Ronnie: Contrast of styles again and for the needle..

Robbo v Judd: See above

Higgins v Robbo: Same reasons as Selby v Higgins.

Judd v Ding: Played an awesome semi final in 2011, and chance of revenge for Ding, plus we'd be guaranteed a new winner.

Postby simplysnooker

Rory vs King - a rematch of that classic encounter in the 2009 Worlds, but twice as longer over the best of 35 frames, and I'm sure it would be a match people would remember for years to come

Postby GJ

Rory is a cert

Postby Skullman

simplysnooker wrote:Rory vs King - a rematch of that classic encounter in the 2009 Worlds, but twice as longer over the best of 35 frames, and I'm sure it would be a match people would remember for years to come

What, for the first ref suicide?

Postby Roland

Judd v Ding would be a good one but like most people I want to see Ronnie v Selby!

Postby roy142857

Most of the above mentioned appeal, wouldn't want to see Higgins in the final though. And I'd throw in Bingham v Maguire as an unlikely but interesting final too.

Postby Roland

Luca v Pankaj could still happen

Postby Smart

Surrinder Gill vs Zhanger would have the whole of Asia at a standstill ........TV factories, sweat shops, tuk tuks, curry houses, kebab shops, temples, origami clubs - ALL CLOSED FOR 2 DAYS AND ASIA GLUED TO THE WORLD CHAMPS FINAL. <ok>