Post a reply

BIGGER ACHIEVEMENT ?

Postby GJ

Robbo is now bookies fav to capture his 2nd world title this year :D <ok> <ok> :spot on: :spot on:

Which would be the bigger achievement ?

Selby winning UK AND Masters double

or

Robbo winning china open and 2013 World championships

DISCUSS

Re: BIGGER ACHIEVEMENT ?

Postby Lucky

Masters is pretty much an Exho....and the second one hasn't happened....so

Postby GJ

lucky

its hypothetical at this stage but the man in question is bookes fav for worlds .......

Postby GJ

<ok>

Postby Muppet147

I very much doubt Robbo will win the world title. As you will agree, he got lucky in 2010 and that sort of luck doesn't happen twice in a lifetime.

Postby Skullman

Worlds + China. But getting all three BBC majors is obviously better ;-)

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:Worlds + China. But getting all three BBC majors is obviously better ;-)

<laugh> <ok> <ok>

Postby GJ

My sincerest apologies to Jewell he always brings fresh comments to the island so I understand how my 2 robbo articles may have annoyed the poor boy.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote::zzz: :zzz:

How many more of these Robbo based threads are we going to get?

Robbo this, Robbo that... it's getting very tiresome now. :zzz:

Yes i know think of how others must have felt with Ronnie this and Ronnie that when the little turd wasent even playing.

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:

Yes i know think of how others must have felt with Ronnie this and Ronnie that when the little turd wasent even playing.

wild

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Postby TheRocket

Definitely World + China. Even the World alone is bigger than the UK and Masters.
And for me personally the UK lost his repuation after losing his best of 19 Format.

Postby Andre147

I still think no matter what winning the triple crown of UK, Masters and Worlds will always be bigger than simply winning China Open and Worlds just because they are back to back rankers.

Winning the triple crown is always harder cause it's very very difficult to win a major tournament to start with and also because very few players have actually managed that incredible feat, just Davis, Hendry and Williams I think. I reckon it will be a massive achievement if Selby were to win this year's Worlds when he's won the other majors, not counting Internacional champs of course, and for me, despite losing that China Open final to Robbo, is the tourney favourite, Robbo not far behind. It's a shame they can "only" meet in the semis, but if it is to happen it will certainly be a cracker, and funnily enough I may reconsider that and think it may actually be better that way cause you most often get high standard snooker in the semis rather than the final in the Worlds case.

Postby SnookerFan

Would you prefer we started a Hendry thread?

Postby Sickpotter

Jewell wrote:I've started plenty of Hendry threads but they always get sent to the Junkyard for some unknown reason.

Let me clear that up for you......

Blatant WUM threads started for no reason other than to disturb rubbish are always regulated to the junkyard.

Given that all of your Hendry threads get moved to the junkyard they were obviously pointless WUM posts and got put where they belong.

Honestly you whining about Robbo articles is pure foolishness. He's a current/active top player who's worthy of discussion. <ok>

Postby GJ

Sickpotter wrote:
Jewell wrote:I've started plenty of Hendry threads but they always get sent to the Junkyard for some unknown reason.

Let me clear that up for you......

Blatant WUM threads started for no reason other than to disturb rubbish are always regulated to the junkyard.

Given that all of your Hendry threads get moved to the junkyard they were obviously pointless WUM posts and got put where they belong.

Honestly you whining about Robbo articles is pure foolishness. He's a current/active top player who's worthy of discussion. <ok>

<ok>

Postby Sickpotter

Yep, very respectful calling him "Sourface Hendo"

Putting up a picture of him doesn't show respect and the whole board is well aware of your intentions.

Everyone's entitled to be an ass once in a while but you abuse the privilege.