Post a reply

Re: China Open Quarter, Semi and Final Discussion !!!!!

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:FINAL TABLE

1 Smart - 157 (29/8) CHAMPION
2 Skullman - 147 (28/10)
3 King.Kauto - 133 (25/9)
4 TheCleaver - 128 (27/5)
5 PLtheRef - 127 (26/3)
6 Roy142857 - 124 (24/9)
7 Andre147 - 123 (25/4)
8 Jewell - 120 (25/5)
9 GJ - 110 (22/6)
10 Eire09 - 72 (14/2)

Smart wins in what is probably the biggest shock in prediction contest history.

Well Done Smart. I don't know how but you somehow managed to overcome your more illustrious rivals to claim a massive upset win. Skullman dominated for the most part, but just when it seemed like history was beckoning, he faultered/choked/bottled, thus allowing Smart to steal in like a thief in the night to take a title he had no right to win.

Smart, well played sir. Enjoy it, savour the moment! <ok> :hatoff: :D

This sets things up nicely for the upcoming World Championships where Smart is now surely a contender. Probably. Maybe.

Just a word on myself now. I think most would agree that this has been a spectacularly run contest - One of the best ever in fact.

It has been a joy and a pleasure, and hopefully you lot will once again have the privilige of me being TD for a contest in the near future.

Jewell, Lads,

I dont know quite where to start....! I'd like to firstly thank my mum and dad, my mrs and my little girl. A special word of praise for my now deceased dog called coco. She is always in my heart and would of enjoyed this victory as much as I am now. Also a big thanks to my secondary school who turned a blind eye to my truancy when the world champs snooker was on and began a life long love affair with this great game. Who would of believed that all those years ago I would be sat here as a multi event winner (a world champ etc) and now conquering China.

To my fellow competitors I say hard luck and better fortune next time. I shall be doing my upmost to continue this form at Sheffield where I tend to bring a strong performance as standard.

I think despite the obvious cockerel up which involved accepting predictions via PM, that Jewell in his first contest as TD has done an okay job. Certainly he had templates up in time and I am yet to find any real faults in his mathematics. Personally think he may be a contender to run the world contest but I would like to see some clarififcation on his rules in the opening post - just on things like "tied contest scenario" and also "no PM'd predictions except for the final".

All that is left to say is thanks to TD Jewell and better luck next time to the other contestents, but Sheffied I will be coming into with very good form and very good confidence. Beware a confident smart. :wave: <ok> :hatoff: <cool>

Postby oldgreenbaize

Hi everyone, hope you're all well and enjoyed what was a great China Open final.

Neil Robertson is the winner then after a 10-6 win over Mark Selby. Pleased for Robertson who has been knocking on the door for title glory all season and deserves his moment.

Maybe an even bigger moment is to come in Sheffield....he's done it before don't forget in 2010.

Anyway this is my report on his Robertson's China Open success for my snooker website The Old Green Baize - please feel free to take a look:

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/03/31/ ... ina-title/

Just also a thank you to you guys for your support and replies to my posts on here. Glad you appreciate the project I am undertaking.

Bring on the World Championship qualifiers and the competition itself. Can't wait.

Enjoy your Easter weekend,
Nigel.

Postby GJ

oldgreenbaize wrote:Hi everyone, hope you're all well and enjoyed what was a great China Open final.

Neil Robertson is the winner then after a 10-6 win over Mark Selby. Pleased for Robertson who has been knocking on the door for title glory all season and deserves his moment.

Maybe an even bigger moment is to come in Sheffield....he's done it before don't forget in 2010.

Anyway this is my report on his Robertson's China Open success for my snooker website The Old Green Baize - please feel free to take a look:

Just also a thank you to you guys for your support and replies to my posts on here. Glad you appreciate the project I am undertaking.

Bring on the World Championship qualifiers and the competition itself. Can't wait.

Nigel.

NIGE

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

as a diehard robbo fan im in a very good mood this evening <cool> :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Smart

oldgreenbaize wrote:Hi everyone, hope you're all well and enjoyed what was a great China Open final.

Nigel.

NIGE <cool> :wave: <cool> :wave:

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:Two very unpopular players contested this tinpot tournament final. Unfortunately, one of them had to win.

I will look forward to them both being torpedoed in the WC. <ok>

MUPPET SEETHING

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby GJ

trump is now slipping down the rankings where he belongs

selby and robbo best 2 players in the world

Postby Roland

The thing with Robbo and Selby is if you're a fan of one, you're generally a fan of the other so in terms of rivalries among the fans this is more likely to be an Aussie v Pommie rivalry than any passions for one style of play over another. If snooker was ever a team sport then these two would be the best doubles partners in the world. In snooker terms they are on the same wavelength.

The only shame about today's result from a purely selfish point of view is that they can't face each other in the World Final. But then given the spectacle factor for the non-purists and general public, and how Selby and Robbo seem to cancel each other out with supreme tactics, then maybe the best thing that could happen is if the top 4 seeds reach the semi-finals.

You would have Ronnie v Judd and Robbo v Selby. You would guarantee a "matchplay v's talent" of the highest quality final, with the play off semis to represent the best of each approach at this moment in time and that's the sort of semi-final and final match up that gets the snooker public and those drawn in from outside totally buzzing.

Of course there are many other names to put in the mix but I don't think any snooker fan would be disappointed with that line up when we're down to one table in one months time.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:The thing with Robbo and Selby is if you're a fan of one, you're generally a fan of the other so in terms of rivalries among the fans this is more likely to be an Aussie v Pommie rivalry than any passions for one style of play over another. If snooker was ever a team sport then these two would be the best doubles partners in the world. In snooker terms they are on the same wavelength.

The only shame about today's result from a purely selfish point of view is that they can't face each other in the World Final. But then given the spectacle factor for the non-purists and general public, and how Selby and Robbo seem to cancel each other out with supreme tactics, then maybe the best thing that could happen is if the top 4 seeds reach the semi-finals.

You would have Ronnie v Judd and Robbo v Selby. You would guarantee a "matchplay v's talent" of the highest quality final, with the play off semis to represent the best of each approach at this moment in time and that's the sort of semi-final and final match up that gets the snooker public and those drawn in from outside totally buzzing. The talk of the hairdressing salons etc.

Of course there are many other names to put in the mix but I don't think any snooker fan would be disappointed with that line up when we're down to one table in one months time.

<ok> <ok> <ok> Couldn't agree more with that Sonny.. both aspects of the game well and truly shown if that line up were to happen.. you have the flair, almost all out attack and potting, and then a more measured approach with the safety side of the game, still with big breaks of course as Robbo and Selby are also at the moment one, if the not the most prolific breakbuilders in the game.

A dream line up that would be.. regarding Robbo and Selby, could very well happen.. as for Trump.. depends on how he starts the tourney, and for Ronnie.. if he can maintain a similar mental attitude as he did last year, then he could also go deep.. on the other hand, if he plays something like he did in 2011, where he also lost many first round matches in ranking tourneys, and collapsed against Higgins in the 2nd and 3rd sessions, where he led something like 8-4 and had many chances to win but didn't convert them, then I'm afraid his campaign will be short again. But all this is speculation, and we still have to wait for the Worlds qualifiers to finish and then the random draw to finally see who plays first round and so on, so still a bit to be decided before we reach that stage.

Postby Roland

I watched the final recorded back because I was out today hence not wanting to be around the scores as it happened.

I thought after the first frame that Selby would open up a lead then a few tight-arm misses and bad positional shots let Robbo back in and then it seemed that from 1-1 to 6-1 the snooker gods completely turned against Selby which was disguised in one part by all the good run he got coming in one single frame that he didn't win!

Anyway at 6-1 against Robbo in a final he's not going to wobble and that was that although it did get a bit interesting at 6-4. If Selby had got to 6-5 and taken the first 4 frames before the MSI it would have been a different story and the match could've gone 10-8 or 10-9. As it is, it was Robbo's day and fair play to him and fingers crossed for a Robbo/Selby Crucible clash.

Postby hendry_fan

*Robbo* 10 Selbs 6

Hi all,i was away over Easter so could,nt see any snooker the last few days.

:clap: Well done Robbo,manages to get his hands on another bit o silverware!,his 7th so far!. :clap:

I had to LOL when i read this,... http://t.co/yPcX5KKmCK

,....Trump said:,...... “I’ve noticed in the last couple of years that he runs out of position a lot under pressure and isn’t as good.”

He certainly likes his digs does,nt he!. :roll:

I tell ya what,somethin that i,ve noticed in the last couple of years,is that Judd Trump misses many easy balls,struggles with pressure and that he often gets a ridiculous amount of the run of the balls,i,ve also noticed that he has,nt won the World Championship and that he isn,t dominating,something he said he,d do,startin a few seasons ago!. :evilgrin: <laugh>

Trump,should show us more what he can do on the table rather that what he can do off it!. ;-) :-D

Postby GJ

hendry_fan wrote:*Robbo* 10 Selbs 6

:clap: Well done Robbo,manages to get his hands on another bit o silverware!,his 7th so far!. :clap:

,....Trump said:,...... “I’ve noticed in the last couple of years that he runs out of position a lot under pressure and isn’t as good.”

I tell ya what,somethin that i,ve noticed in the last couple of years,is that Judd Trump misses many easy balls,struggles with pressure and that he often gets a ridiculous amount of the run of the balls,i,ve also noticed that he has,nt won the World Championship and that he isn,t dominating,something he said he,d do,startin a few seasons ago!. :evilgrin: <laugh>

Trump,should show us more what he can do on the table rather that what he can do off it!. ;-) :-D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby hendry_fan

GJ wrote:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Good morning Gj,you must be a happy bunny!. :-D

What a cracker of a match it were to be if Robbo were to meet Trump at this years worlds,i,m sure Robbo would serve up a couple of fist-pumps and wild Aussie yells to that digger Trump!. <laugh>

Postby GJ

hendry_fan wrote:
GJ wrote:

Good morning Gj,you must be a happy bunny!. :-D

What a cracker of a match it were to be if Robbo were to meet Trump at this years worlds,i,m sure Robbo would serve up a couple of fist-pumps and wild Aussie yells to that digger Trump!. <laugh>

Yes im very happy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :spot on:

There would indeed robbo didnt mention trump after winning but i did tweet robbo with a link to the story about trump slating him so i think robbo may bring it up if he beats judd at the crucible <ok> <ok>