Post a reply

China Open Quarter, Semi and Final Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 25th ~Sunday 31st of March at Beijing University Students Gymnasium, Beijing, China

DRAW

Semi Finals

Mark Selby v Shaun Murphy

-------------------------------------------------------------

Neil Robertson v Stephen Maguire

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Friday 29th of March

6.30am GMT

Jack Lisowski v Shaun Murphy
Mark Williams v Mark Selby

11.30am GMT

Marcus Campbell v Neil Robertson
Stephen Maguire v Stuart Bingham

ive put up the Head to Heads on the draw but Campbell's only win over Robertson was in the Snooker Shootout 57-49.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:Very good quality line up, the only surprise is Campbell.

yea it is a quality line up but despite that only Selby and Maguire has won main tournaments this season.

if Selby wins again this week nobody with half a brain can deny how great a player hes become.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Selby is a good player, but until he wins the big one he will not be regarded as a great player.

so Ronnie wasn't a great player when he did that fast 147 in 1997.

he was still 5 years off being Great

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Ronnie was a fine talent and he proved it with that 5m 20s 147, but he wouldn't have been considered a great of the game yet, at that point in his career.

John Higgins and Mark Williams were great players before Ronnie <ok>

Postby TheRocket

I agree that the World Championship is the greatest indicator but don't forget that Selby is a 3 times Masters Winner and an UK Winner. I would say, this is enough to be a great Player. And I mean, Players like Dennis Taylor , Joe Johnson, Graeme Dott also have won the World Championship but despite that I wouldn't put them in the same league as Selby. Dott at example won the World but that was the only Special thing really. He only won the China Open after that, no UK and no Masters.

In Reality the mixture of the three Major titles actually makes it and show how great someone is. And the real legends (Hendry,Davis,O'Sullivan,Higgins,Williams) all won the three Majors multiple times. .

Postby Skullman

Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:John Higgins and Mark Williams were great players before Ronnie

Yes, but Ronnie has since surpassed them both and at this moment in time is the greater player of the three. <ok>

John Higgins will remain better than Ronnie for a while <ok>

Postby Skullman

Anyway, well done Jack. When I left he was 4-2 down. He could do a Trump and funnily enough didn't Judd beat Mavis and Smurph on his way to the China Open?

Also, :D Selby. Has the WN1 spot back but would like him to have a run here. Shame he didn't play as well as yesterday, but he can save for the semis/final. And :hatoff: Robbo for sending Allen back to Ireland with little fuss.

Postby simplysnooker

Hard lines Rory, you've done everyone proud though. Going to try and get up in time for Murphy vs. Lisowski tomorrow morning, hoping for a similar match to the last QF Murphy had with a young up and comer (Brecel) at the UK.

Notice on SkyBet Jack has gone from 100/1 to 66/1 for the Worlds after today

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:PS What happened with MJW? When I left the match he couldn't pot a long ball and all Carter was doing was leaving MJW long safeties which he mishit.

Pulled himself together and did that what he can very well. Rolling the balls in. It was one Visit stuff and he made breaks of 136,81,79 in the last three Frames.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Good for him. I'd like to see him back to his best. I remember when I first started watching snooker he was awesome.

Yeah, I agree. After Ron one my fav Players. Would be nice if he wins his third World Title at some Point to be not regarded as beeing in the shadow of Ronnie and Higgins.

Postby Skullman

Jewell wrote:
Skullman wrote:John Higgins will remain better than Ronnie for a while

Higgins will probably never reach the achievements Ronnie has. But I do agree that Higgins is a better player than Hendry was. <ok>

I class Higgins as better because he has a better all round game and Ronnie has been his lovely lady since 2005.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Skullman wrote:John Higgins will remain better than Ronnie for a while

Higgins will probably never reach the achievements Ronnie has. But I do agree that Higgins is a better player than Hendry was. <ok>

I class Higgins as better because he has a better all round game and Ronnie has been his lovely lady since 2005.

But Higgins was more or less Ronnies bunny till 2005. From my own perspective they are almost equal but Ronnies stats are more impressive and he has three Major titles more. That's why I put him ahead of Higgins.

I think, this Forum Needs an All Time Great debate thread btw for These discussions because it always swash into the normal ranking Event threads.