Topic locked

Bank of Beijing China Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 25th ~Sunday 31st of March at Beijing University Students Gymnasium, Beijing, China

The Last 16 and already some major casualties in the form of 4 times World Champion John Higgins, World No 1 Judd Trump, Defending Champion Peter Ebdon and China's Own Ding Junhui who played brilliantly to win the Dafabet PTC Grand Finals in Galway.

But despite those players departing there's some Quality players still there Neil Robertson, Mark Selby and Mark Allen swatted away their Last 32 opponents emphatically and Jack Lisowski was Equally Brilliant Beating Judd Trump.

Who will Make it to the Quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16

Marcus Campbell v Graeme Dott (Head to Head Campbell Leads 3-1)
Mark Allen v Neil Robertson (Head to Head Robertson Leads 9-5)
Stephen Maguire v Barry Hawkins (Head to Head Maguire Leads 9-8)
Stuart Bingham v Robert Milkins (Head to Head Bingham Leads 3-1)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Lisowski v Mark Davis (Head to Head Davis Leads 2-0)
Rory McLeod v Shaun Murphy (Head to Head McLeod Leads 2-1)
Mark Williams v Allister Carter (Head to Head Williams Leads 11-8)
Ricky Walden v Mark Selby (Head to Head Selby Leads 7-4)

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Thursday 28th of March

6.30am GMT

Jack Lisowski v Mark Davis TV
Ricky Walden v Mark Selby TV
Rory McLeod v Shaun Murphy
Mark Williams v Allister Carter

11.30am GMT

Stephen Maguire v Barry Hawkins TV
Stuart Bingham v Robert Milkins expected to be on TV
Marcus Campbell v Graeme Dott
Mark Allen v Neil Robertson

the Question is how flexible will the Chinese be today regarding the Matches shown .

Surely they will show Robertson v Allen? BUT Honest to god i wouldn't hold my breath with the Chinese

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:Thursday 28th of March

6.30am GMT

11.30am GMT

the Question is how flexible will the Chinese be today regarding the Matches shown .

Surely they will show Robertson v Allen? BUT Honest to god i wouldn't hold my breath with the Chinese

buck off what a sick joke <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby GJ

In the past I wasn't getting to many semis or finals, but when I got there I was winning them. This season I've got to the latter stages a lot but lost three close finals. It's not that I'm failing to finish matches off, I just haven't had the luck that I've had in finals in the past."

ROBBO 2010 WC

Postby Casey

Wild WC wrote:Thursday 28th of March

6.30am GMT

11.30am GMT

The TV matches for 2nd round onwards should NEVER be predetermined. Allen v Robbo has to be on TV....

Postby Wildey

CONFIRMED

Thursday 28th of March

6.30am GMT

Mark Williams v Allister Carter TV
Jack Lisowski v Mark Davis

11.30am GMT

Mark Allen v Neil Robertson TV
Stuart Bingham v Robert Milkins

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:wild

on twitter it says williams not jack match on tv

Yea i changed that.

when eurosport broadcasting was over they said Hawkins v Mags and Lisowski v Davis.

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:
GJ wrote:common sense has prevailed

<ok>

Good stuff :spot on:

another classic i hope :hatoff:

They always bring the best out in each other <ok>

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
GJ wrote:wild

on twitter it says williams not jack match on tv

Yea i changed that.

when eurosport broadcasting was over they said Hawkins v Mags and Lisowski v Davis.

<ok>

shaun wont be happy :clap: :parrot:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Casey wrote:

<ok>

so you hope Allen plays well <laugh>

pull the other one :-D

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
GJ wrote:
Casey wrote:

<ok>

so you hope Allen plays well <laugh>

pull the other one :-D

mark is a good lad was chatting to him on twitter last night he can take some banter unlike other players

a robbo win is what i want :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Last edited by GJ on 27 Mar 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:In the past I wasn't getting to many semis or finals, but when I got there I was winning them. This season I've got to the latter stages a lot but lost three close finals. It's not that I'm failing to finish matches off, I just haven't had the luck that I've had in finals in the past."

ROBBO 2010 WC

Yes, when he won the world title in 2010, Robbo was lucky enough to draw a bunch of unseeded no-hopers. In recent finals, he has been up against players of superior talent who have dished out deserved beatings. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
GJ wrote:In the past I wasn't getting to many semis or finals, but when I got there I was winning them. This season I've got to the latter stages a lot but lost three close finals. It's not that I'm failing to finish matches off, I just haven't had the luck that I've had in finals in the past."

ROBBO 2010 WC

Yes, when he won the world title in 2010, Robbo was lucky enough to draw a bunch of unseeded no-hopers. In recent finals, he has been up against players of superior talent who have dished out deserved beatings. <ok>

hes beaten Ding Junhui and Ronnie O'Sullivan in finals.

now you come to mention it your Right <ok>

he couldn't beat Selby in a Final.

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:He beat Ronnie in a best of 9, which is joke length for a major final.

so by your logic his thrashing of ding in a best of 17 final counts :D :D :D

but dings win over robbo in ptc final was a joke length :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

jewell :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:He beat Ronnie in a best of 9, which is joke length for a major final.

Ronnies Beaten Carter twice in World Finals hes a joke person to play for a world title <ok>

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Ronnies Beaten Carter twice in World Finals hes a joke person to play for a world title

And I suppose playing bottler Jimmy in four finals was better, was it? And don't get me started on journeyman Nigel Bond...

Jimmy White was no bottler only idiots like you think that Enough said..ill concede on Nigel Bond yes he is at the same level as Carter is.

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:
GJ wrote:so by your logic his thrashing of ding in a best of 17 final counts   

but dings win over robbo in ptc final was a joke length

Of course his victory over Ding counts. I never said it didn't but his final win over Ronnie was rendered meaningless due to the ridiculous length of the match.

And for the record, the PTC final was also a joke length, but Robbo had that match won only to blow up spectacularly, so Robbo has nobody but himself to blame for that loss. <ok>

1 missed red

robbo through nothing away it was ding at full pelt :clap: :clap: :clap:

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Jimmy White was no bottler only idiots like you think that Enough said..ill concede on Nigel Bond yes he is at the same level as Carter is.

Wild, how much longer will you keep your head buried in the sand? Jimmy bottled at least two of those finals, he even admitted that himself. That missed black in 94 was an embarrassing twitch and in 92 he went to pieces completely despite holding what should have been an unassailable lead.

At least Ronnie has won all his finals, fair and square. No bottling or choking required, he simply outclassed them all.<ok>

there wasent that much there to outclass was there <ok>

on the other hand had he been playing in the 90s he would have been bottling shots all over the shop.

hold on he was playing in the 90s.

the proof is there

Postby Skullman

I always find it funny when some people belittle ROS for beating Carter in two world finals. In the end, Carter managed to win four matches, and the rest didn't, so he deserved to be in the final more than anyone else in the draw. Same with White, Bond and anyone else.

No one devalues John Higgins's World Titles and he beat two qualifiers in the final for two of them.

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:
GJ wrote:1 missed red

robbo through nothing away it was ding at full pelt

Face it, once Ding got going Robbo had no answers, whatsoever. He did not know what had hit him, completely collapsed just like against Ronnie in the second session of the Worlds.

If anything, Robbo was lucky the final was only a best of seven otherwise the scoreline could have been embarrassing and shameful.

absolute crap but its what we come to expect from you <ok> :parrot:

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:I always find it funny when some people belittle ROS for beating Carter in two world finals. In the end, Carter managed to win four matches, and the rest didn't, so he deserved to be in the final more than anyone else in the draw. Same with White, Bond and anyone else.

No one devalues John Higgins's World Titles and he beat two qualifiers in the final for two of them.

Point is mate nobody devaluing Carter but at the same time if people devalue other players achievement its Fair Game.

Every Player deserves what they get weather its Robbo, Ronnie, Selby or Ding but some idiots on here has this never ending quest to run people down for what they done well everyone can play that game.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:there wasent that much there to outclass was there 

So in your words someone like John Higgins wasn't all that? <doh> rofl

Wild WC wrote:on the other hand had he been playing in the 90s he would have been bottling shots all over the shop.

hold on he was playing in the 90s.

the proof is there

Ronnie has played and won in the 90s. He has also played and won in the current decade. Ronnie has displayed the kind of longevity Hendry can only dream about. The same Hendry who, according to you, was washed up at the grand old age of only 27. rofl

he didnt do it where it mattered did he he had to wait until bloody 2001 rofl rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:DAY 3 TABLE

1 Skullman - 86 (18/7)
2 Smart - 76 (17/4)
3 GJ - 74 (16/5)
4 King.Kauto - 72 (15/6)
5 PLtheRef - 70 (15/5)
6 Jewell - 68 (16/2)
7 Roy142857 - 64 (14/4)
8 Eire09 - 62 (14/2)
9 Andre147 - 62 (15/1)
10 TheCleaver - 60 (15/0)

Todays star performer was undoubtedly Skullman who managed to get all eight outcomes correct as well as four correct scorelines. This has allowed him to build up a ten point lead, and it now seems a hat-trick and prediction contest history is within his reach.

Again due to personal reasons the Greatest that is wild is missing yet again (skullman do the most of it while you can) i will be returning to defend my World Title and winning it again its now in the rightfull place and it will be staying there. <ok>