Post a reply

Haikou World Open Final Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sponsored By Yearly Yuan-jiang Gujinggong Liquor

Monday 25th of February ~Sunday 3rd of March at Haikou Venue, Hainan Island

Brilliant performance by Mark Allen to reach the final in defense of his title and Matthew Stevens surprisingly joins him there with good wins over Trump then Robertson in the Semi Final.

Who will Win their second ranking tournament?

DRAW

Final

Mark Allen v Matthew Stevens (Head to Head Allen Leads 6-5)

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Haikou World Open Final Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sunday 3rd of March

6.30am

Matthew Stevens v Mark Allen (1st Session 9 Frames)

11.30am

Matthew Stevens v Mark Allen (2nd Session 10 Frames)

Postby Skullman

Good luck Stevens, although can't see any but an Allen win. Dislike Allen intensely, but a grudging :hatoff: for his performance today. Mirrors last year, when he had four frame spell like that against Selby and then smashed Lee.

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:Any word off GJ? Or has he washed his hands of this TP event?

he was a stevens fan before a Robbo fan so its all cool <ok>

Postby Roland

Allen was awesome those last 4 frames. He's unplayable when he's like that, don't think Higgins had a shot to go at. Funnily enough he did exactly the same thing in last years semi, Selby was 5-2 up and never got another shot. Every time Allen got in he never looked like missing, had the white on a string. If he played like that all the time he'd win every tournament.

Postby Roland

I watched a bit of the end of Robbo v Stevens, saw the frame from 4-3 to 4-4 then 5-4 on the respot when Stevens missed 3 pots by miles. I thought here we go, game over, drove over to my mums, turned on the tv and saw him win the decider. Fair play to him and I hope he wins. Unless he has a key shot which he plays left handed and misses in which case I hope he loses :redneck:

Seriously though, it's great seeing him playing well again. It's the best he's looked for about 7 or 8 years.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Allen was awesome those last 4 frames. He's unplayable when he's like that, don't think Higgins had a shot to go at. Funnily enough he did exactly the same thing in last years semi, Selby was 5-2 up and never got another shot. Every time Allen got in he never looked like missing, had the white on a string. If he played like that all the time he'd win every tournament.

Hendry rates Allen in the top 4 breakbuilders and i can see why

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Judd and Ding are better, imo.

judd isnt

Judd can pot from anywhere but his cueball control is way off a top breakbuilder

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Judd and Ding are better, imo.

judd isnt

Judd can pot from nowhere but his cueball control is way off a top breakbuilder

That was aimed at Sonny, Judd and Ding are better players. Judd's not really a top breakbuilder, although he's made the most tons out of anyone this season.

Postby kostasmad

Stevens has improved his safety game a lot the last couple of years.

7-8 years ago, he was a potting machine...Lost a world final (against MJW) having made 5 centuries...Lost a WC semi against Ebdon having made 18 50+ breaks...At that time he had no safety game whatsoever and this cost him a lot...

Experience improved his safety game a lot...No practise...He is too lazy for that...

Postby hendry_fan

So it,s Nothern Ireland v Wales.

Been a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time since thats happened innit!. :-)

I have to say,i,d like to see Stevens win but i can,t see him doin it,Allen will win i feel.

If Stevens indeed loses,its still a great feat makin it to a final as his age,(35) but no-one wants to lose a final do they.

If Allen wins,it,ll obviously be a great win,what,ll make it even more special though is that he won it last year,winnin a tourney twice in a row does,nt happen much "theeeese dayyyys".

I,ve always said though,if you,re good enough,it,s certainly possible to win back to back tourneys,win a tourney twice,even 3,4 times in a row,or at least win many tourneys in general these days,it,s about being consistent,having the right mindset,the will to win,to have great mental strength,to make the most out of your chances,these are strengths which almost all the players lack these days.

It,s easy to blame it being too difficult to win back to back tourneys or even to win a tourney these days due to the so-called high standards,an excuse that many of the current crop like to spout out.

Trump,eg said a good while ago that he thinks,or it,s time to start dominating,well he aint is he,the main reason is cause he,s not consistent enough,he might play high,to even very high standard snooker for a match,a couple of matches,no doubt about that,just like some other players do but then he,like many others of the crop suddenly go off the boil and start missin pots,run out of position,play loose safetys,squander numerous chances and in general play drivvel!.

The players all get there fair share of chances,but if they,re not capable of takin them,well,yeah,they can always blame it and say it,s cause of the higgggghhhh standards theeeeessse daaaayyyys!. :td: <laugh>

I,m not bovered who wins this,as there are no Scots in the final :grrr: . ;-)

Nah,may the best man win. :-)

Postby PLtheRef

DAY SIX TABLE

192 SKULLMAN 25 - 7
185 KING.KAUTO 28 - 4
180 JEWELL 26 - 6
177 EIRE09 28 - 4
175 WILD WC 27 - 4
173 PLTHEREF 25 - 5
168 ANDRE147 25 - 3
166 THECLEAVER 26 - 4
159 GJ 23 - 5
134 SMART 17 - 7
102 SUNDAYGIRL 14 - 3
93 KOLOMPAR 13 - 2

As SKULLMAN, KING.KAUTO and JEWELL can still mathematically win the contest - can they PM me their prediction for the final.

Postby Casey

In terms of break building Judd and Ding have done it more consistently over the last couple of years but Allen can match them on his day.

When Allen is locked in he really is unplayable and I am starting to see a new level develop in his game. A couple of years ago he wouldn't have reached the SF's the way he played, but he stayed strong and played some good matchplay.

Matthew held his nerve very well in the decider, it was a great break. It will be a great final I am sure and if Mark dips just slightly from today Stevens will take him.

Only a hand full of pros have ever been able to defend their titles, none on their first attempt so a bit of history on the line for Mark.

Postby GJ

Wild

Spot on mate I supported Matthew well before I supported robbo

Lads

I work all day day sat so rarely post during the day
I wanted neither to lose so it was impossible for me

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:Wild

Spot on mate I supported Matthew well before I supported robbo

Lads

I work all day day sat so rarely post during the day
I wanted neither to lose so it was impossible for me

:parrot: :-D :parrot: :-D

:wave:

COME ON STEVENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D :D :D :D :D

Postby GJ

Beating selby was huge and anything after that was a bonus as the 2 losses to him were bad

Matthew if he can win the final will have renewwd belief he can deliver in the big events where as robbo win or lose today he would continue to make semis and finals on a regular basis i have no doubt

master class from allen against haggis :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Matthew wins tomorrow hes the welsh number 1 and world number 10

Postby GJ

robbo is now provisionally in higgins quarter for worlds and ronnies half as well

Postby Wildey

Sunday 3rd of March

6.30am

Matthew Stevens v Mark Allen (1st Session 9 Frames)

11.30am

Matthew Stevens v Mark Allen (2nd Session 10 Frames)