Topic locked

Re: Haikou World Open Semi Finals Discussion !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:Looks like I'll have to support Stevens tomorrow for the second time ever. Let's hope he does better in that than the last time I supported him, but I doubt it. Allen looks too good now.

I'd love a Matthew Stevens win. He's beaten Murphy, Trump and Robertson to get to the finals. Those are three high quality players.

Unfortunately, you always fear he'll bottle it, don't you?

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:Looks like I'll have to support Stevens tomorrow for the second time ever. Let's hope he does better in that than the last time I supported him, but I doubt it. Allen looks too good now.

Out of interest, when was the first time you supported him?

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:

Out of interest, when was the first time you supported him?

World semi. Didn't think he'd win that either, but can't hurt to hope, right?

Postby hendry_fan

Wild WC wrote:Saturday 2nd of March

11.30am

Mark Allen 6-2 John Higgins

It,ll probably be no consolation for John,but at least he got to yet another semi-final,the way he,s played lately,you,d think he would,nt even reach the 1/4,s again!.

It,s back to the neeps n tatties for John Haggis then for the moment!. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:Don't think Allen will give him the chance to bottle it. Might not be as one sided as his last World Open final but it's not going anywhere a decider.

Imagine Allen whitewashed the final. rofl

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:Don't think Allen will give him the chance to bottle it. Might not be as one sided as his last World Open final but it's not going anywhere a decider.

Did you mean Allen whitewashing Stevens or Allen getting whitewashed?

Postby Casey

AAAAAAALLLLLLLLEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

For him to freeze someone of John's class out of it and not pot a ball for 4 frames :bowdown: :bowdown:

Glad to see John back in form and it looks like Mark is hitting a new maturity in his career.

Playing Matthew in the final will be tough though, he was excellent against Robbo.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Did you mean Allen whitewashing Stevens or Allen getting whitewashed?

I meant Allen whitewashing Stevens. Of course, I hope the opposite happens.

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:AAAAAAALLLLLLLLEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

For him to freeze someone of John's class out of it and not pot a ball for 4 frames :bowdown: :bowdown:

Glad to see John back in form and it looks like Mark is hitting a new maturity in his career.

Playing Matthew in the final will be tough though, he was excellent against Robbo.

Fair play to Stevens, he's been pretty good all week.

Postby oldgreenbaize

Great performance from Allen today against Higgins.

Superb to watch, ruthless you have to say. Below is a report I've done - feel free to take a look.

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/03/02/ ... pen-final/

Now looking forward to the final - must remember to put the alarm clock on!!!

All the best
Nigel