Topic locked

Re: Haikou World Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!!

Postby GJ

Simone wrote:Perhaps this discussion about Robbo now is because some people are trying to build a momentum for Ronnie´s return. Isn´t SNOOKERWISE Robbo the biggest crowd magnet and pleaser these days.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Postby Wildey

Simone wrote:Perhaps this discussion about Robbo now is because some people are trying to build a momentum for Ronnie´s return. Isn´t SNOOKERWISE Robbo the biggest crowd magnet and pleaser these days.

god at this rate GJ will be asking you out on a date <laugh>

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:

god at this rate GJ will be asking you out on a date <laugh>

im no dom dale :limp:

Postby Witz78

Robbo doesnt have a big fanbase, thats a total myth

and he def aint the most pleasing on the eye snooker wise

think the obvious answer other than Ronnie, is Judd though i suspect his peoples champion crown hed tried to claim had already slipped, and has now well and truly been grabbed back by Ronnie.

Any thoughts on what the crowd support split during a Ronnie v Judd match at the Crucible would be? Id say about 75% supporting Ronnie anyway

Postby GJ

witz

BS the commentators says hes most popular outside of ronald

and the online searches agree with this as analysed by snooker backer

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

think the obvious answer other than Ronnie, is Judd though i suspect his peoples champion crown hed tried to claim had already slipped, and has now well and truly been grabbed back by Ronnie.

Any thoughts on what the crowd support split during a Ronnie v Judd match at the Crucible would be? Id say about 75% supporting Ronnie anyway

i like to watch Robbo play as much as i like watching Ronnie play.

you talk so much bull sometimes Most of the Time.

Postby Wildey

i dont know about anyone else but id be bored rigid with a tour of 128 ronnie's.

as i would 128's Robbos or Dave Harold.

its interesting watching contrasting personalities and styles play

Postby Simone

Witz78 wrote:

Yes, surely Ronnie has more crowd backing and support than Judd or even Jimmy. Masters crowds let´s say 7 or 8 years ago were actually backing and supporting more Ronnie than Jimmy. BUT Robertson is a different story. He doesn´t have a big fanbase like that, but basicly all the real snooker fans really enjoys and appreciates his snooker and attitude.

Postby GJ

Witz

Why would countless snooker pundits like hendon and co says he popular they are neutral observers where as you have an anti robbo agenda and make no secret of that fact.

Postby GJ

Simone wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Yes, surely Ronnie has more crowd backing and support than Judd or even Jimmy. Masters crowds let´s say 7 or 8 years ago were actually backing and supporting more Ronnie than Jimmy. BUT Robertson is a different story. He doesn´t have a big fanbase like that, but basicly all the real snooker fans really enjoys and appreciates his snooker and attitude.

and any fans he has our loyal like myself

:hatoff: :D <cool>

Postby Wildey

Simone wrote: BUT Robertson is a different story. He doesn´t have a big fanbase like that, but basicly all the real snooker fans really enjoys and appreciates his snooker and attitude.

yes there's a lot of hangers on come here masquerading as snooker fans.

they really haven't got a clue really but we sort of embrace all kinds and make them feel like they have something serious to say in truth they haven't

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:Witz

Why would countless snooker pundits like hendon and co says he popular they are neutral observers where as you have an anti robbo agenda and make no secret of that fact.

he is more popular than he is unpopular, ill give Jono that but i dont buy this that hes a crowd favourite at all.

when does he ever have a partisan pretty much all pro crowd behind him?

then again when do many players these days, the crowds are a joke now compared to the good old days.

time to get away from this sit in silence morgue mentality at arenas

oh and i couldnt give a stuff what Hendon say, no one has more of an agenda that that cretin, yet all you fools lap up his every word <doh>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:

he is more popular than he is unpopular, ill give Jono that but i dont buy this that hes a crowd favourite at all.

then again when do many players these days, the crowds are a joke now compared to the good old days.

oh and i couldnt give a stuff what Hendon say, no one has more of an agenda that that cretin, yet all you fools lap up his every word <doh>

aussie open :? <ok> :wave:

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Simone wrote: BUT Robertson is a different story. He doesn´t have a big fanbase like that, but basicly all the real snooker fans really enjoys and appreciates his snooker and attitude.

they really haven't got a clue really but we sort of embrace all kinds and make them feel like they have something serious to say in truth they haven't

<doh>

yet again your missing the point

so just cos i dont like players like Jono that means i dont like snooker or appreciate different styles.

For every Ronnie, Jimmy or Drago that i like theres an Ebdon or Davis type of player i like too, so its notng to do with not liking all the different styles, its ALL to do with not liking all different players.

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

aussie open :? <ok> :wave:

haha predictable

apart from that mate

come on, id love to know when hes had the crowd supporting him properly and not just cos hes playing a CDL <laugh>

Postby GJ

there were plenty in the crowd cheering when he did judd at the masters :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Postby GJ

Muppet CDL

As simone said intelligent fans support robbo so that explains why you dont

<ok> :parrot:

Postby Witz78

Muppet147 wrote:I agree that Robbo is one of the dullest players on the circuit as well as being one of the slowest. He s like a dull version of Eddie Charlton.

Eddies trademark tactic when in trouble was HIT AND HOPE :hatoff:

Jonos trademark tactic when in trouble is COUGH AND HOPE <laugh>

Postby PLtheRef

Day Three Table - 23/27 Matches played

163 SKULLMAN 20 - 6
141 KING.KAUTO 20 - 3
141 JEWELL 19 - 4
138 ANDRE147 19 - 3
138 PLTHEREF 18 - 5
134 GJ 18 - 5
134 SMART 17 - 7
131 WILD WC 19 - 3
129 EIRE09 20 - 2
122 THECLEAVER 18 - 3
78 SUNDAYGIRL 10 - 2
64 KOLOMPAR 8 - 1

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

<doh>

yet again your missing the point

so just cos i dont like players like Jono that means i dont like snooker or appreciate different styles.

For every Ronnie, Jimmy or Drago that i like theres an Ebdon or Davis type of player i like too, so its notng to do with not liking all the different styles, its ALL to do with not liking all different players.

hmmmmm you must have recognized yourself because i never mentioned you :shrug:

Postby Skullman

Been out all day. Only managed to see the end of Selby's match before I left. Anything interesting happen today? Higgins play any better than he has been?

Postby Roland

Have to admit I've seen none of this tournament so far and don't know what the draw looks like. We're at that time of year when the seeded draw at the Crucible is the biggest thing on everyone's minds so as the World Open reaches the weekend with the bigger ranking point matches there will be some changes. And we'll also see some potential Crucible opponents square up which can act as a form guide for the big one. So what should we be keeping an eye on?

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:Have to admit I've seen none of this tournament so far and don't know what the draw looks like. We're at that time of year when the seeded draw at the Crucible is the biggest thing on everyone's minds so as the World Open reaches the weekend with the bigger ranking point matches there will be some changes. And we'll also see some potential Crucible opponents square up which can act as a form guide for the big one. So what should we be keeping an eye on?

Prov Draw

ROS v Stevens
Allen v Bingo
Smurph v Dott
Robbo v Hawkins
---------------------
Selby v Carter
Mags v Ding
Higgins v MJW
Judd v Walden

Higgins, Smurph and Mags are very close in the rankings and basically whoever's advances furthest will have Smurph's place, whoever second furthest Mags's and whoever loses first will have Higgins's. Same situation with Allen and Bingo.

At the bottom end of the top16, Walden and Stevens will want to win more here to open up the gap between them and Carter and Mavis, who are 15 and 16 atm, especially as Carter and Mavis are in the PTC Grand Finals and Walden and Stevens aren't.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Have to admit I've seen none of this tournament so far and don't know what the draw looks like. We're at that time of year when the seeded draw at the Crucible is the biggest thing on everyone's minds so as the World Open reaches the weekend with the bigger ranking point matches there will be some changes. And we'll also see some potential Crucible opponents square up which can act as a form guide for the big one. So what should we be keeping an eye on?

honest to god i couldn't give a monkeys about sheffield until after the china open then looking forward to Qualifiers.

thats the advantage of not having any draws for sheffield until just before the tournament nobody knows who could reach the crucible who is in their path etc etc.

potential 17,000 ranking points to be won Robert Milkins or Marco Fu could be in the top 8 by then.

Postby Skullman

Oh and Fu and Milkins have an outside chance of making the top16. Perry amd Gould can't as they're in the PTC Grands but not in China and are too far behind. Higginson has a mathematical chance of overtaking Carter, but would have to win both the PTC Grands and China to do it and Carter has to not win a match. It would be slightly easier if Carter withdrew both PTC Grands and China, but still unlikely.

Postby hendry_fan

Haikou World Open Order of Play !!!!!

Postby Wild WC » 17 Feb 2013, 17:26

Sponsored By Yearly Yuan-jiang Gujinggong Liquor