Post a reply

RONNIE WILL DEFEND WORLD TITLE

Postby GJ

SKY SPORTS HAVE CONFIRMED RONNIE WILL DEFEND HIS WORLD TITLE IN APRIL

GOOD NEWS FOR SNOOKER

:hatoff: :-)

Re: RONNIE WILL DEFEND WORLD TITLE

Postby SnookerFan

:roll: So when Ronnie said he'd be out for the rest of the season, did he think the season finished in The China Open?

I booked table 2 at The Crucible anyway. Not watching the big fibber anyway.

Postby SnookerFan

O'Sullivan has battled depression over the years and has had to deal with major family issues.

Despite this, the Essex Exocet is regarded as one of the most successful and naturally gifted players to have graced the green baize.

He was ranked ninth at the end of last season, and although he has provisionally dropped to 24th after missing several tournaments, as defending champion he would qualify for the world championship [starts 20 April] and be the top seed.

World Snooker chief Barry Hearn said he would welcome back O'Sullivan - now it's up to the man himself to decide whether he wants to compete in the finale to the snooker season.

From BBC.

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:Anything about his future plans?

Yeah, after that he's going to retire for 100% definite, no backsies, you'll never see him play again and then return at The Masters.

Postby Wildey

Basically Ronnie called a press conference to say hes going in to work.

wouldn't it work the same when they take his name out of a bag at the draw.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:Basically Ronnie called a press conference to say hes going in to work.

He also announced that he's going to be sponsored by a vodka company. :no:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Basically Ronnie called a press conference to say hes going in to work.

He also announced that he's going to be sponsored by a vodka company. :no:

OHHH

so he said hes going in to work snake hissed lol

Postby gallantrabbit

It's great news. Like it or not, (and I don't like him as a person) he's great for the game. Great for the crowds, for TV, for sponsors, and most of all for the players. The real players. Not the ones who want an easier ride in the first round, but the fellows like Selby and Trump who wouldn't want to win their first Worlds without Ronnie there, because it would of course be devalued.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:It's great news. Like it or not, (and I don't like him as a person) he's great for the game. Great for the crowds, for TV, for sponsors, and most of all for the players. The real players. Not the ones who want an easier ride in the first round, but the fellows like Selby and Trump who wouldn't want to win their first Worlds without Ronnie there, because it would of course be devalued.

i agree Great players want to beat the best to win tournaments.

Postby GJ

Im happy because if robbo won his 2nd worlds without ronnie entering it would be devalued

GOOD NEWS
COME ONNNNNNNNNNN

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:Im happy because if robbo won his 2nd worlds without ronnie entering it would be devalued

GOOD NEWS
COME ONNNNNNNNNNN

<ok>

yeh, i mean its bad enough that Jono already has one devalued world title <laugh>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:Im happy because if robbo won his 2nd worlds without ronnie entering it would be devalued

GOOD NEWS
COME ONNNNNNNNNNN

<ok>

yeh, i mean its bad enough that Jono already has one devalued world title <laugh>

ronnie played it in 2010 :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :john: