Post a reply

Will Ken have another run in a ranking tournament?

Postby SnookerFan

Ken Doherty is obviously nowhere near his best any more, but he had a decent run in the Welsh Open. Which surprised me. I thought we'd barely ever see him again, and if we did he'd qualify and lose the first round. So it got me wondering if he could do it again.

Was that one last hurrah for Ken? Or can he have a sustained run in a tournament again? And will that tournament be a full ranker or a PTC? Also, will the change to tournament formats help him or hinder him?

Predictions please.

Re: Will Ken have another run in a ranking tournament?

Postby Wildey

Ken needs other players to not perform but it happens and it has happened Before where players can get through rounds and before they know it they in the Quarters or Semis.

in 2011 Ken beat Stephen Maguire and Mark Selby on the way to the Aussie Open Semi final.

he didn't play that well but he got there and it could happen again.

Postby SnookerFan

What tournament was it that Ken beat some dodgy wildcard or another, and then got whitewashed by Mark Williams? Was it even a wildcard he beat? He beat somebody who wasn't playing well, then got thrashed by Williams anyway?

Postby daraghj82

don't think it will be a ranker somehow despite kens good showing in the welsh last week, he's shown he's capable of it alright but i think he has a chance of winning a ptc

Postby Simone

Surely he have. And it really seems like Ronnie will have also since people are trading pretty low odds on him winning this spring´s World Title.. Can´t believe anyone with even loads of money would fool around about that because of troubles i.e Stephen Lee and professional snooker overall has had about those things. So surely Ronnie is on his way back.

This topic is about Ken, but hot prospect for the snooker fans Ronnie possibly facing the likes of Jack Lisowski and Sean O´Sullivan in the coming years.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Well, Stephen Hendry managed to somehow have a run in the 2012 WC, so anything's possible, I suppose.

are you being sponsored to mention hendry on every thread?

but i agree anything is possible even you winning prediction contests :shrug:

ill never work out how that's is possible. :chin: :?