29 March – 4 April 2010

All Times BST

Friday 2 April 2010

Results

Peter Ebdon 2-5 Ding Junhui
Stephen Hendry 4-5 Mark Allen
Mark King 1-5 Ali Carter
Marco Fu 1-5 Mark Williams

Re: China Open Quarter Final Discussion!!

Postby Wildey

Well there we have it Ali Carter is the highest Rank player Left but the NO 1 Seed and defending champion is making a good job of not only defending his title but staying in the top 16.

Postby Wildey

Williams played well today but his problam is concistency and it could be after the lord mayer show tomorrow.

Postby Casey

littlebylittle wrote:Could it work out to be a Hendry williams final? or do they meet in semi?

Nope can't meet until the final :)

Hendry v Allen is hard one for me, Massive Hendry supporter and always have been. I would love to see him win a ranking event one final time. On the otherside I would love to see Allen win his first title

:huh2:

Postby Roland

Allen will beat Hendry. I'm just worried Fu may throw in a performance and knock Williams out. I'll be mightily unhappy if that's the case.

Postby Casey

I am not sure if he will, the frame scores suggest it was a scrappy match against Maguire. Not that I am complaining because this time last year he couldn't compete in those sort of situations.

Postby SavoMilosevic

I want Ebdon, Hendry, Williams and King to progress to the 1/2 finals. Ebdon is such a great guy and he deserves another year in the top 16. In fact he is a lot more complete player than the overrated Robertson... I am a Hendry supporter so I'll be rooting for him against Allen. I couldn't watch his game today against Ryan, but 5-0 always looks pretty impressive, hope he is in the same form tomorrow. Williams should win against Fu, he played great against Higgins, although his safety shots are not as convincing as they were. As for Carter - King - I'm not a fan of neither player, but King has a lot more exciting personality.

Postby Roland

"Ebdon is such a great guy and he deserves another year in the top 16"

I wish this was the case but in actual fact he's a traitor to snooker and he needs to lose tomorrow and against Dott at Sheffield.

Postby Smart

SavoMilosevic wrote:I want Ebdon, Hendry, Williams and King to progress to the 1/2 finals. Ebdon is such a great guy and he deserves another year in the top 16. In fact he is a lot more complete player than the overrated Robertson... I am a Hendry supporter so I'll be rooting for him against Allen. I couldn't watch his game today against Ryan, but 5-0 always looks pretty impressive, hope he is in the same form tomorrow. Williams should win against Fu, he played great against Higgins, although his safety shots are not as convincing as they were. As for Carter - King - I'm not a fan of neither player, but King has a lot more exciting personality.

Savo :ahh:

Agree ref Robbo - he is too flakey and his cough is real bad sportsmanship. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:I think a Fu King semi final is on the cards

well i will be bucking mad if it did :evilgrin:

Postby Alex0paul

wildJONESEYE wrote:

well i will be bucking mad if it did :evilgrin:

Its amusing seeing the so called byes in round 2 for Higgins and Robertson doing well and gaining form ahead of the big.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:

well i will be intercoursing mad if it did :evilgrin:

Or we could have a Fu Carter match ... Fu Carder ...

:roll:

Postby Wildey

regarding the rankings i think it will be a battle between Ebdon/Wenbo and Cope for 2 spots in the top 16.

Postby Alex0paul

wildJONESEYE wrote:regarding the rankings i think it will be a battle between Ebdon/Wenbo and Cope for 2 spots in the top 16.

Barring stunning runs from Dott and Perry then its pretty much between those three. Its a bit disappointing as before the tournament it looked like there could be a few involved but all the players under threat have had a good week.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

well i will be intercoursing mad if it did :evilgrin:

Or we could have a Fu Carter match ... Fu Carder ...

:roll:

I Try :)

Postby Smart

Robertson said: "It's always been one of my dreams to make a 147, especially in a televised ranking event. The first one is special and I'm very proud. I'm also disappointed to have lost the match but Peter played fantastic snooker and didn't give me many chances.

did someone capture the 147 on a cam-corder or on their mobile........ <laugh> rofl

Safe journey Robbo. <ok>

Postby Witz78

im struggling to pick my coupon for tomorrow, whats your thoughts?

Im thinking Ding and Allen double.

Had a tasty bet up today, put my neck on the lines and took Allen, Ding and Williams as 3 doubles for insurance. Nice £498 return off £115 stake. Tempted to just roll the lot onto Fu-1.5 frames v Gould in Sheffield @8/13 to take it up to £804