Post a reply

Doherty starts 6 reds title bid with victory

Postby Roland

http://prosnookerblog.com/2009/12/15/do ... h-victory/

Ken Doherty made a winning start to his bid to win the first ever 888sport.com Six Reds World Championship in Killarney today.

Doherty defeated fellow Irishman 4-1 John McBride in the first of his five group matches at the INEC arena.

“I’m pleased with how I played but I’m more pleased that after six months of hard work the tournament is underway,” said Doherty, who is also one of the event organisers.

“It’s a great set up and all the players seem to be enjoying it. The snooker is fast and fluent, which makes it attractive to watch.

“You will get cagey frames but I won one in about six minutes and all John had done was break off.

“I think this will come over well on TV and I hope people come along to watch during the week because they’re in for a great spectacle.”

Fellow Irishman <laugh>

I thought you were a cockney John :redneck:

Re: Doherty starts 6 reds title bid with victory

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:http://prosnookerblog.com/2009/12/15/doherty-starts-six-red-title-bid-with-victory/

Ken Doherty made a winning start to his bid to win the first ever 888sport.com Six Reds World Championship in Killarney today.

Doherty defeated fellow Irishman 4-1 John McBride in the first of his five group matches at the INEC arena.

“I’m pleased with how I played but I’m more pleased that after six months of hard work the tournament is underway,” said Doherty, who is also one of the event organisers.

“It’s a great set up and all the players seem to be enjoying it. The snooker is fast and fluent, which makes it attractive to watch.

“You will get cagey frames but I won one in about six minutes and all John had done was break off.

“I think this will come over well on TV and I hope people come along to watch during the week because they’re in for a great spectacle.”

Fellow Irishman <laugh>

He's a fraud. :eek: I'll bet he's not even the same guy.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:http://prosnookerblog.com/2009/12/15/doherty-starts-six-red-title-bid-with-victory/

Fellow Irishman <laugh>

He's a fraud. :eek: I'll bet he's not even the same guy.

IS LSD a pom or irish

<laugh>

Postby GJ

Matthew Stevens 4-3 Marc Davis

nice one matthew who says he cant win deciders

<cool>