Post a reply

BetVictor Welsh Open Qualifiers Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 6th~Saturday 9th of February at The World Snooker Academy,Sheffield

The Welsh Open is the third longest running ranking tournament with it being staged every year since the inaugural tournament in 1992. when the current World no 1 Mark Selby was only 8 years of age.

Since it was first staged 22 years ago only 12 players have won the event; Stephen Hendry (3), John Higgins (3), Ken Doherty (2), Steve Davis (2), Mark Williams (2), Paul Hunter (2), Ronnie O'Sullivan (2), Stephen Lee, Neil Robertson, Mark Selby, Ali Carter, and Ding Junhui.

The qualifying for the Welsh Open is slightly different to what we've been used to in recent years.

Best of 7 frame matches with no intervals and the top 16 entering at the Last 64 stage. So who will make it to the venue in Newport? 8 players, the top 4 seeds Ding Junhui, Mark Selby, Judd Trump, John Higgins plus Welshmen Mark J Williams, Matthew Stevens, Ryan Day and Dominic Dale Last 64 Matches has been put through to the venue already so who will join them there?

Round 1 will see Aditya Mehta, Luca Brecel, Liu Chuang, Chen Zhe, Jack Lisowski, Cao Yupeng, Xiao Guodong, David Gilbert, Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon, Rory McLeod, Mike Dunn, James Wattana, Anthony McGill, Nigel Bond, Pankaj Advani, Mark Joyce, Liang Wenbo, Tony Drago, Scott Donaldson, Jimmy White, Alan McManus,Steve Davis, Welshmen Jamie Jones, Michael White,Daniel Wells, and Amateurs Duane Jones and Gareth Allen taking to the table.

Entering in round 2 will be the likes of Marco Fu, Mark Allen, Jamie Cope, Allister Carter, Neil Robertson, Stuart Bingham, Ricky Walden, Ken Doherty, Mark Davis, Graeme Dott, Peter Ebdon, Shaun Murphy, Stephen Maguire, and Barry Hawkins.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Welsh Open Qualifiers Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

so as one Ranking Event finishes (Congratulations to Ali Carter) another one starts this time in Wales but before the Main event whitch starts on Monday its Qualifying from Wednesday evening to Saturday.

Taking part in the Qualifiers this Week will be the Winner of the German Masters Ali Carter, Wuxi Classic winner Ricky Walden, Australian Open Champion Barry Hawkins aswell as Former World Champions Steve Davis, Neil Robertson, Ken Doherty, Graeme Dott, Peter Ebdon and Shaun Murphy.

Wednesday 6th of February

6pm

Ben Woollaston v Dechawat Poomjaeng Streaming
Dave Harold v Aditya Mehta Streaming

Thursday 7th of February

10am

Jamie Jones v Passakorn Suwannawat Streaming
Barry Pinches v Simon Bedford
Gerard Greene v David Grace
Luca Brecel v Sam Baird
Michael White v Paul S Davison Streaming
Liu Chuang v Chen Zhe

2.30pm

Andy Hicks v Duane Jones Streaming
Jack Lisowski v Ian Burns Streaming
Yu Delu v Craig Steadman
Matthew Selt v Jordan Brown
Cao Yupeng v Martin O'Donnell
Xiao Guodong v Justin Astley

7pm

David Gilbert v Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Rory McLeod v Gareth Allen Streaming
Mike Dunn v Liam Highfield
James Wattana v Daniel Wells Streaming
Adam Duffy v Mohamed Khairy
Anthony McGill v Michael Wasley

have to be honest some of those streaming choices for day 2 are dubious to say the least but it does seem they are streaming as much of the Welsh Players as possible.

on Saturday im going to Norway so i will not have access to the Internet until Late on Friday night the following week and will miss the wisdom or crap of some of you on here.

ill put up a thread for the Welsh Open final stages Later this week to cover the whole event.

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:Brecel vs Baird - not streamed, absolute scandal. I am cancelling my WSA live stream contract, oh wait a minute I have not got one. rofl

Smart <cool> :D

fromsport <cool> :D

you really do miss the point <laugh> <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Whose sponsoring the Welsh Open this year?

thats a good question

Postby GJ

A disgrace robbo has to play a quallifier in a cublicle table which will clearly favour his lower ranked opponent

former champion treated shockingly

Postby GJ

is bbc wales still covering this or is it just eurosport ?

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:is bbc wales still covering this or is it just eurosport ?

BBC Wales is the only hope this tournament has.

their backing over the last 10 years is the only reason its not been axed.

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:

cheers i have free sat and i can watch it then

raging the beeb have got rid of bbc i for worlds as my free sat allowed me to watch both tables

not anymore though

Postby Wildey

2012 Prize Pot

Winner: £30,000
Runner-up: £15,000
Semi-final: £7,500
Quarter-final: £5,600
Last 16: £4,000
Last 32: £2,500
Last 48: £1,600
Last 64: £1,250

Non-televised highest break: £500
Televised highest break: £1,000

2013 Prize Pot

Winner: £50,000
Runner-up: £30,000
Semi-finals: £16,000
Quarter-finals: £10,000
Last 16: £4,000
Last 32: £2,000
Last 64: £1.000

Non-televised highest break: £500
Televised highest break: £1,500

Prize Money for Quarter Final onwards has Doubled this year Last 16 has stayed the Same but Last 32 and Last 64 losers are on Less Money.

it ties in with Barry Hearns Motto he will reward Success.

Postby Witz78

thats what happens when you flatten the format and lose the Last 48 round, theres a big chunk of cash freed up to redistribute elsewhere in the prize pot

the way the money virtually doubles per round too gives a good clue as to the way the prize money order of merit list will work too, trust me.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:thats what happens when you flatten the format and lose the Last 48 round, theres a big chunk of cash freed up to redistribute elsewhere in the prize pot

the way the money virtually doubles per round too gives a good clue as to the way the prize money order of merit list will work too, trust me.

but it also gives a indication players at the bottom end of the scale will not be getting the freed up cash it will be going to the top end of the scale to make success more rewarding.

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Qualifiers Discussion !!

Postby Casey

So it's the last 64 onwards. The Welsh Open has traditionally been a competitive affair. I have a feeling Selby will take the title, if not then maybe Murphy who has shown some improved form of late.

Postby GJ

wild

are the morning macthes next week on world snooker tv it says no tv coverage on the format sheet for them.

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:It's going to be the norm in future seasons so get used to it. Only the star names and exciting players have any hope of having their matches held over to the venue, and unfortunately for you, Robbo doesn't fall into that category.

Jewell

why is a quick player mark allen playing in a pre venue match along with robbo and selby isnt and i assume you think allen is a more exciting player than selby

<laugh> :?

Postby GJ

GJ wrote:wild

are the morning macthes next week on world snooker tv it says no tv coverage on the format sheet for them.

wild :wave:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:

it wont be on World Snooker TV in britain

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
GJ wrote:

any idea why mate

:-( :?

hopefully fromsport will have a stream

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
GJ wrote:

any idea why mate

its a legality thing regarding Rights.

its stupid i know

But Fromsport will have a stream and eurosport will probably have it on Too

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
GJ wrote:

any idea why mate

its a legality thing regarding Rights.

its stupid i know

But Fromsport will have a stream and eurosport will probably have it on Too

<ok>
Last edited by GJ on 05 Feb 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

any idea why murphy and mags get streamed on sat and not robbo

<doh>

Really Really Really bad streaming decisions.

But ive seen it before that when the day of the matches come they change it.

But they are definitely giving welsh players priority which again is wrong they shoyuld always go for the best matches take the second day steamed matches id have gone for

10am
Jamie Jones v Passakorn Suwannawat
Luca Brecel v Sam Baird

2.30pm
Jack Lisowski v Ian Burns
Cao Yupeng v Martin O'Donnell

7pm
David Gilbert v TT
Anthony McGill v Michael Wasley

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

raging the beeb have got rid of bbc i for worlds as my free sat allowed me to watch both tables

not anymore though

HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, runt rofl

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsArticles/0,,13165~3065658,00.html

The new sponsor for the Welsh open is BetVictor yet another betting firm.

when you said BetVictor I was wondering what line of business they were in, thanks for clearing that matter up Sherlock :D

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

not anymore though

HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, runt rofl

cheers rex <laugh> rofl

Postby sundaygirl

As long as the main broadcaster is part of the BBC streaming should be available via the BBC website and you can also watch some regional shows by searching for them specifically on iPlayer even though they don't appear on your channel timeline.

Postby sundaygirl

sundaygirl wrote:As long as the main broadcaster is part of the BBC streaming should be available via the BBC website and you can also watch some regional shows by searching for them specifically on iPlayer even though they don't appear on your channel timeline.

That's the Newport Stage I'm talking about, you all wandered off topic and I followed.
I can't see any reason the Sheffield matches wont be on worldsnooker.tv for UK viewers, they are listed at the moment though things do sometimes disappear.