Post a reply

Re: Betfair German Masters Final Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Ali level with Selby on three ranking wins.

as i said on the prediction threads theres always flukes

Selby won 3 World Rankers beating 3 World Champions in Finals.

Selby won 3 Masters beating 2 World Champions in Finals.

Ali wins 3 World Rankers beating players thats combined Ranking Tournament victories equates to 1 back in 2007.

Postby GJ

Yeh its funny when other players beat a non top player in just 1 final its called TP when ali wins all 3 that way nothing is said

how strange ............

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Yeh its funny when other players beat a non top player in just 1 final its called TP when ali wins all 3 that way nothing is said

how strange ............

double standards.

Ali Carter is responsible for some of the most negative snooker in a match ive ever seen and nothing much is said about it.

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
GJ wrote:Yeh its funny when other players beat a non top player in just 1 final its called TP when ali wins all 3 that way nothing is said

how strange ............

double standards.

Ali Carter is responsible for some of the most negative snooker in a match ive ever seen and nothing much is said about it.

<ok>

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Wild, nobody wins three rankers by flukes, maybe one, even two, but not three.

I know he hasn't beaten the cream of the crop in finals but winning a tournament isn't just about who you beat in the final. It's about five matches over the course of the week.

thank you for that ill be keeping that post for future reference <ok>

Rory McLeod
Frazer Patrick
Anthony Hamilton
Michael Holt
Neil Robertson
Marco Fu

to win the title.

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
Jewell wrote:Wild, nobody wins three rankers by flukes, maybe one, even two, but not three.

I know he hasn't beaten the cream of the crop in finals but winning a tournament isn't just about who you beat in the final. It's about five matches over the course of the week.

thank you for that ill be keeping that post for future reference <ok>

Rory McLeod
Frazer Patrick
Anthony Hamilton
Michael Holt
Neil Robertson
Marco Fu

to win the title.

top players in bold <ok> :hatoff: :spot on:

Postby Roland

Can't take anything away from Carter, he played some good stuff last night and deserved to win but the draw certainly opened up for him and many top players would have punished his errors last night which Fu couldn't do. I felt a bit sorry for Fu, it's not like he played badly, he just couldn't get going. He was taking on some tough pots and rattling them and leaving Carter in, whereas whenever he came to the table after a Carter miss it was always awkward. So Ali definitely had the run last night but fair play to him in winning the title. As far as the Carter/Selby comparisons go however, well, one of them is in a different class to the other.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Can't take anything away from Carter, he played some good stuff last night and deserved to win but the draw certainly opened up for him and many top players would have punished his errors last night which Fu couldn't do. I felt a bit sorry for Fu, it's not like he played badly, he just couldn't get going. He was taking on some tough pots and rattling them and leaving Carter in, whereas whenever he came to the table after a Carter miss it was always awkward. So Ali definitely had the run last night but fair play to him in winning the title. As far as the Carter/Selby comparisons go however, well, one of them is in a different class to the other.

its like compering Red Rum to a Donkey.

Postby Witz78

thats harsh on Carter

im no fan of him or his style of play but kudos to him for winning rankers with a methodical, consistent relaible style of play.

The fact he has 3 rankers to his name though, is as much an indication of the lack of killer instinct, desire or winning mentality of the rest of the field though. Namely the likes of Ding, Murphy, Allen and Judd who should all be doing far more than they are, They seem happy to have one good run every so often then just go AWOL for 3 months, or in the case of Murphy reach the QF and SFs on a regular basis.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:I agree.

I think it's harsh to refer to Carter as a donkey. Yes, Selby is a better player but the gulf in difference isn't so huge that you can describe one as Red Rum and the other as a donkey.

Wild <doh>

touch down

You really don't get humor do you

or better still taking the absolute snake hiss out of some of the idiots on here that your one of them.

its ok to criticize or taking the snake hiss out of Robbo or Selby as much as possible but being a tad sarcastic about Carter. ohhhhhh nooooooooooo not carter <doh> <doh> <doh>

wake up mate your making yourself look a right tool.

Postby Smart

oldgreenbaize wrote:This a report on the German Masters final between Ali Carter and Marco Fu for the new snooker website The Old Green Baize.

Feel free to take a look :)

Captain Carter Lands German Title - http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/02/03/ ... man-title/

All the Best,

Nigel

ta Nige ;-) :wave:

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:Can't take anything away from Carter, he played some good stuff last night and deserved to win but the draw certainly opened up for him and many top players would have punished his errors last night which Fu couldn't do. I felt a bit sorry for Fu, it's not like he played badly, he just couldn't get going. He was taking on some tough pots and rattling them and leaving Carter in, whereas whenever he came to the table after a Carter miss it was always awkward. So Ali definitely had the run last night but fair play to him in winning the title. As far as the Carter/Selby comparisons go however, well, one of them is in a different class to the other.

its like compering Red Rum to a Donkey.

Carter has a nice cue action and can also fly a 777, so I say Carter is better. <cool> :wave: