Post a reply

How did he miss ?

Postby Bourne

@ 5:25

I still wake up at nights in a cold sweat here, wondering how Higgins missed. Can anyone give me a solid reason as to why ?

Re: How did he miss ?

Postby Cheesyman99

Bourne wrote:

@ 5:25

I still wake up at nights in a cold sweat here, wondering how Higgins missed. Can anyone give me a solid reason as to why ?

Ding was giving him evils :evilgrin: behind the pocket

Postby Casey

Maybe he was still thinking a bit about the fluke? No doubt it had a massive effect on the outcome

Postby Roland

His concentration lapsed, simple as that. He was perfect on the brown and he took it for granted. Human error, nothing more.

Postby Bourne

Part II

A pro should NEVER miss these ...

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Bourne wrote:Part II

A pro should NEVER miss these ...

It was the way he played blue to pink that showed things weren't right. Playing it with running side against the natural angle?

Postby GerrardsQuiff

Sonny wrote:His concentration lapsed, simple as that. He was perfect on the brown and he took it for granted. Human error, nothing more.

Spot on Sonny <ok>

Postby Bourne

I still don't know how he missed ...

Bourne wrote:I still don't know how he missed ...

Your not 'Doubting Thomas' are you? I've seen Stephen Hendry missing straight greens into the green pocket before while standing right behind it, I seen Ricky Walden miss a very easy pink tonight of its spot into a Black pocket. Its what goes on in between the ears my friend. It might not look like they are thinking, but they are.....<ok>

Son put to bed, Mrs in Bulgaria, Dog outside, I'm in & I'm...:dance:

I'd like to dedicate this wonderful tune to my wife...

Phyllis Nelson - Move Closer.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VZU_1N0Xzk
Last edited by JohnFromLondonTown on 25 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bourne

I know it was a pressure environment on a huge scale but of all the players who'd have thought Higgins would miss it, still doesn't seem real, 8-7 the other way if he pots it and Ding probably doesn't come back, what a sport this is constantly played on a knife-edge.

Bourne wrote:I know it was a pressure environment on a huge scale but of all the players who'd have thought Higgins would miss it, still doesn't seem real, 8-7 the other way if he pots it and Ding probably doesn't come back, what a sport this is constantly played on a knife-edge.

You've just nailed it. :clap:

& btw. I'd like to dedicate this tune to Me...

Labi Siffre - Something Inside So Strong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otuwNwsqHmQ

I was at a wedding about a month ago & the choir starting singing this. I started crying, <laugh>

Love this tune, Inspires Me & Moves Me. :dance:

Postby SnookerFan

Image <doh>

Higgins missed an easy ball to lose a game, hey> :chin: Actually, I shouldn't joke about that, it's the way the whole game is going these days. Everybody who loses is under suspicion.

So instead, I'll dedicate this song to myself on my last day before I go back to work. It outlines my plans for later. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATBl4qH9I54

Postby paperbackwriter

It's still better than in some other sports, fans are rooting for their favourites to lose, which would make them less suspicious. In snooker at least everyone is happy when his fav players are winning, not that twisted.

(I think I should dedicate "Loser" to myself. Academic year starts on Thursday, I don't even have my schedule, because my account isn't working and I can't communicate with them, as they aren't answering my calls. And ideally I should move to another flat before the classes start, but of course the furniture is not there yet and here I can't even see the floor anymore under all the clothes, books, sketches and who knows what else.)

Postby Bourne

A year on
And I still don't understand how he missed.
:chin: