Post a reply

Will Selby win the the Triple Crown this season?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 14

Re: Will Selby win the Triple Crown this season?

Postby Witz78

i hate the arrogance of the Beeb

as soon as the final ended last night they just talked about the Worlds

its arrogance like that, that makes the casual snooker fan think there must be no more snooker player until Aril when the fact is theres.....

German Masters
Welsh Open
World Open
PTC Finals
China Open

as well as likes of

Shootout
Championship League
and Power Snooker to be played before Sheffield

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:i hate the arrogance of the Beeb

its arrogance like that, that makes the casual snooker fan think there must be no more snooker player until Aril when the fact is theres.....

German Masters
Welsh Open
World Open
PTC Finals
China Open

as well as likes of

Shootout
Championship League

yea i agree if they so important for the sport lets have them Advertizing all Tournaments so that the BBC Whores knows whats happening.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Eh? I'm struggling to understand that last post.

Wild, please re-post - this time in English.

you serious

hahahahahahahaha

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:i hate the arrogance of the Beeb

German Masters
Welsh Open
World Open
PTC Finals
China Open

as well as likes of

Shootout
Championship League

:goodpost:

You could even argue that the Welsh Open is a BBC tournament, if only in Wales.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:With Ronnie all but confirmed for the Crucible now, the answer to this question is a resounding no.

yea of course Ronnie has Dominated the WC when hes played

Postby Skullman

Jewell wrote:With Ronnie all but confirmed for the Crucible now, the answer to this question is a resounding no.

You mean Ronnie 'Selby's lovely lady' O'Sullivan? No chance.

Postby Skullman

Jewell wrote:How is Ronnie, Selby's lovely lady? You'll find their head to head is quite even actually.

Over their entire careers, yes. But in recent times Selby has the measure of him and has a psychological advantage. The 2010 Masters Final, 2010 World QF were he won from behind. And he completely fell apart last year in Wales, after having played well against Trump.

The last time Ronnie's beaten him in a ranker was in 2010 and that was a PTC. The last time in a big event was back in 2009.

Postby Skullman

Think Selby needs to find his A game sometime before the Worlds for it to happen. Only Higgins can win the Worlds with his B game and if Selby has to scrap his way through almost every frame, he'll be too shattered by the semis.

Postby Roland

It takes him a while to get into a match but I think the way he's going at the moment and with the experience he's got then depending on the draw (Ding, Dott and Carter could be danger men in round 2 for top seeds for example) he should be able to do what he did in the Masters final which was a best of 19 and get off to a good start and canter to the line in the early rounds. It's when he's behind near the end of a match that the energy sapping stuff happens.

Postby Roland

Skullman wrote:
Jewell wrote:Until Selby wins the World title he can't be considered as a great of the game.

Uh I don't think anyone was saying he's a great of the game yet.

You're right, but to win the Worlds when you're already World Number 1 and current UK and Masters champion would be one hell of a statement. Obviously it's an incredibly hard tournament to win but far worse players than Mark Selby have won the World Championships.

Postby Witz78

Jewell wrote:Until Selby wins the World title he can't be considered as a great of the game.

Jimmy never won the Worlds but only a fool would deny hes a great of the game

unless there too young to remember him in his prime and their judgement is clouded.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:

unless there too young to remember him in his prime and their judgement is clouded.

To be fair, it was a fool who did.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

To be fair, it was a fool who did.

Hahahahaha

Postby daraghj82

aye any of the current lot would glady take jimmy's career stats, ok maybe not the 6 time RU in WC but still won all the other major events. i think this is very much selbys time and i think he will do it and win the WC this year

Postby snooky147

I would not be so daft as to say that Selby will never win the World Championships. When he is on his A game he has more than enough to win it. Even when he drags games down to an grindfest he has the focus to win it.
So, yes I think he will win it at one point, but I dont know about this year.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:I would not be so daft as to say that Selby will never win the World Championships. When he is on his A game he has more than enough to win it. Even when he drags games down to an grindfest he has the focus to win it.

theres so many great players lining up to win it some for the First time like Selby, Ding, Maguire, Trump, Allen etc and Others already won it like Murphy, Robertson, Dott also Multi Champions Mark Williams, John Higgins and Possibly Ronnie O'Sullivan.

so nothing is written in stone.

if each of the players i mentioned wins it Selby might win it in 11 years time at 40.

Postby Andre147

snooky147 wrote:I would not be so daft as to say that Selby will never win the World Championships. When he is on his A game he has more than enough to win it. Even when he drags games down to an grindfest he has the focus to win it.

Agree, maybe not this year, but yeah definately in the coming seasons. For all we know, it might follow a similar pattern since 2007, and I honestly think it will... who's the winner then...? John Higgins of course... :john:

Postby GJ

Have to agree with Sf maguires temperament is awful , although if carter can make 2 world fials theres hope for mags