Post a reply

Re: Will he.....won't he???

Postby Lucky

I don't know when the feature with Barry Hearn regarding the flat 128 system was recorded or first broadcast, but I caught it last night and though BH came across as a complete bottom hole......personally if I was Ronnie I'd want nothing to do with working for or with the man!

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:I don't know when the feature with Barry Hearn regarding the flat 128 system was recorded or first broadcast, but I caught it last night and though BH came across as a complete bottom hole......personally if I was Ronnie I'd want nothing to do with working for or with the man!

in what respect was he a bottom hole?

Postby Lucky

Wild WC wrote:
Lucky wrote:I don't know when the feature with Barry Hearn regarding the flat 128 system was recorded or first broadcast, but I caught it last night and though BH came across as a complete bottom hole......personally if I was Ronnie I'd want nothing to do with working for or with the man!

Did you see it? Arrogant wasn't the word. I know you ain't a big worker, but if a new boss came into my work with that attitude I'd have something to say about it!

Postby Witz78

thats Hearns style

he doesnt mince his words

hes worked hard all his life to get to where he is and he doesnt expect to hand anything to anyone else on a plate without them doing thier end of the bargain.

would you rather have allegedly nice bloke Rodney Walker back in charge?

Postby Lucky

Witz78 wrote:thats Hearns style

he doesnt mince his words

hes worked hard all his life to get to where he is and he doesnt expect to hand anything to anyone else on a plate without them doing thier end of the bargain.

would you rather have allegedly nice bloke Rodney Walker back in charge?

Honestly speaking though, how would you react to a new boss at working coming in with that 'I'm it, your rubbish' attitude??? It's gotta grate with most of the players, even if it will 'eventually' benefit them.

Postby Sickpotter

Lucky wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Did you see it? Arrogant wasn't the word. I know you ain't a big worker, but if a new boss came into my work with that attitude I'd have something to say about it!

And you'd be out of a job pretty quick.

It's nice to like your boss but no requirement as far as they're concerned.

Postby Witz78

exactly, most of my bosses ive worked for down the years have been runts but you just have to bite your lip and accept their above you in the grand scale of things, so just do what they tell you to keep them sweet

Postby Lucky

Sickpotter wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

And you'd be out of a job pretty quick.

It's nice to like your boss but no requirement as far as they're concerned.

Depends on how important you are within the system. BH is a replaceable figure head, he's only just taken over the reins.....but without players, there ain't no show. Darts thought they could rule over the players and have them do as they were told......

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:exactly, most of my bosses ive worked for down the years have been runts but you just have to bite your lip and accept their above you in the grand scale of things, so just do what they tell you to keep them sweet

i worked for best part of 10 years with a sausage head of a boss i hated the guts of but you get on with it or find another job.....

Snooker players are lucky they dont have to turn up for work to keep their jobs they could even publicize tourist that boss off to keep their jobs most people cant do that.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:exactly, most of my bosses ive worked for down the years have been runts but you just have to bite your lip and accept their above you in the grand scale of things, so just do what they tell you to keep them sweet

I joined the union (again) after having too many fall outs, and knowing that I speak my mind it was in my interest to have the union on my side. Never hardly see my boss anyway, but I dont take any rubbish from anyone, fact. <ok>

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:

I joined the union (again) after having too many fall outs, and knowing that I speak my mind it was in my interest to have the union on my side. Never hardly see my boss anyway, but I dont take any rubbish from anyone, fact. <ok>

apart from me, Wild, Muppet and GJ :D

Postby Sickpotter

Smart wrote:

Unions....the last refuge of the incompetent worker ;-)

Postby Smart

Sickpotter wrote:
Smart wrote:

I have taken incompetence to a whole new level. <ok>

Postby Casey

I think it's already a done deal - Ronnie will be there, the news is held back to drum up hype for the tournament.

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:
Smart wrote:

I have taken incontinence to a whole new level. <ok>

yeh well it usually comes out of your mouth

infact given its you, id class it as INCUNTINENCE :D

Postby Smart

Casey wrote:I think it's already a done deal - Ronnie will be there, the news is held back to drum up hype for the tournament.

another of Hearns staged dramas, like Allen offending all of China, and like Jono celebrating like a runt <ok>

Postby PLtheRef

From the way it's looking it seems that he will but I don't think he should

Postby GJ

The farmer does what he wants to ................

Postby Cannonball

Let's hope so, for snooker's sake. Not having the greatest player of all time, and the defending champion would be a disaster. If he's not there, I will simply wipe the winner from the books. Seeing someone with the talent of Dennis Taylor winning everything at the moment is incredibly sad for a purist. Until Judd is ready to carry the baton, Ronnie has to continue, even if it's not every tournament. 14-14-14; believe.

Postby Wildey

Trumpster wrote:Let's hope so, for snooker's sake. Not having the greatest player of all time, and the defending champion would be a disaster. If he's not there, I will simply wipe the winner from the books. Seeing someone with the talent of Dennis Taylor winning everything at the moment is incredibly sad for a purist. Until Judd is ready to carry the baton, Ronnie has to continue, even if it's not every tournament. 14-14-14; believe.

Holy rubbish

Postby GJ

Trump wont dominate snooker

not a chance

Postby Cannonball

A 20s breaker would say that! PMSL. It's a wood pusher thing!

Postby Wildey

Trumpster wrote:A 20s breaker would say that! PMSL. It's a wood pusher thing!

i repeat

holy rubbish

Postby Cannonball

GJ wrote:Trump wont dominate snooker

not a chance

I did not say he would dominate, I said carry the baton. The baton is snooker talent, not domination. It has been carried by the Hurricane, Whirlwind, Ronnie and hopefully Judd one day. It's what gives snooker life and it keeps the public interested.

Postby GJ

snooker backer posted something interesting on twitter appartenlty trump isnt the most popular player going by searches online

so he isnt as popular as some think ...........

Postby Cannonball

GJ wrote:snooker backer posted something interesting on twitter appartenlty trump isnt the most popular player going by searches online

What's popularity got to do with it? Irrelevant. ROS ain't been the most popular guy either, neither was the Hurricane. Hendry wasn't popular in some quarter either. I couldn't care, it's the talent we want to see, not X factor. Though ROS and Judd definitely have the X factor that fills venues and column inches.
Last edited by Cannonball on 21 Jan 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:snooker backer posted something interesting on twitter appartenlty trump isnt the most popular player going by searches online

i would take what she says with a pinch of salt mate

anti-Judd if ever i saw it

Postby GJ

guess whos most popular by SB'S info

not including farmer