Topic locked

Re: Betfair Masters Semi Final Discussion !

Postby hendry_fan

Selby does it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Hard luck Graeme,he,ll be gutted but he did have chances,in fact he had quite a few but like many other players when there in front against Selbs,they just can,t shake him off!!.:dizzy:

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Selby vs Robertson.

This match is getting a bit dull now.

yeah, well it's just amazing really we had to wait for so long for these 2 great players to meet in major events and now they indeed meet in consecutive majors, UK and Masters.

I'm sure it will be a good and close match, with lot's of superb tactical play as both are extremelly strong in that department, and hope a bit of fluency and breakbulding too, especially from Robbo. Selby hasn't had a ton yet this tourney, and could even win it without making one. Williams almost did that when he narroly lost to Higgins in UK Final 2010.

Postby PLtheRef

DAY SEVEN TABLE - THIS TABLE INCLUDES BONUS POINTS FOR ENTRIES WHICH PREDICTED EITHER ROBERTSON OR SELBY OR BOTH TO REACH THE FINAL

TOTAL Correct Score
67 WILD WC 12 - 1
66 ANDRE147 11 - 3
64 SKULLMAN 11 - 2
59 SUNDAYGIRL 10 - 2
50 PLTHEREF 10 - 0
47 KING.KAUTO 9 - 1
45 KOLOMPAR 8 - 0
40 CASEY 8 - 0
40 SMART 8 - 0
35 JADECHELSEA 5 - 0
30 THECLEAVER 6 - 0
27 SNOOKERFAN 5 - 1

WILD, ANDRE147 & SKULLMAN, CAN YOU PLEASE PM ME YOUR PREDICTIONS FOR THE FINAL AS YOU THREE CAN ACTUALLY WIN THE CONTEST STILL.

Postby Andre147

anyway, as I said, it has all the makings to be a good final, hope both players are on top of their games, as especially in Selby's case has to have a good night's sleep as he himself admited in the studio he hasn't slept well, maybe cause of all the pressure added to these events.

Crackng final it promisses to be I'm sure.

Postby PLtheRef

The Number 1 seed v the Number 1 player in the World at the moment.

It really has the potential to go 10-9 and the way the tournament has panned out, a record breaking eighth decider would probably be a fitting sign off.

That said, I do think it's a bit too soon for Neil after the UK Championship quarter-final

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:The Number 1 seed v the Number 1 player in the World at the moment.

It really has the potential to go 10-9 and the way the tournament has panned out, a record breaking eighth decider would probably be a fitting sign off.

That said, I do think it's a bit too soon for Neil after the UK Championship quarter-final

But Neil is one of those players who tends to put those bad results behind him and move on, so I'm sure he will be bang up for it, though it will be very close I'm sure.

Haven't decided yet who I predict will win, I'll PM you soon.

Postby Andre147

Well that was fast. I guess cause it's kinda late most of the media are now home and so do want the players to get a good night's sleep (not sure about Graeme though)

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:

Graeme's presser is classic!

Bottom line is he had Selby and didn't finish him off, he let him back in by being reckless.

Yeah, I reckon that missed brown in frame 10 will haunt him for a while, but anyway... still nice to see that Graeme is still very much capable of competing with these top players, though yeah the only thing that counts at the end of the day is the win.