14%
Stephen Hendry
71%
Steve Davis
14%

Total votes : 7

Snooker Legends

Postby markj147

Hannah has been asked to play in the Snooker Legends in May at the Derby Assembly Rooms. Jason Francis has asked whether she has a preference for a partner in the doubles of Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry, Mark J Williams and Jimmy White.

I was wondering who people would want to partner in such an event.

I opted for Steve Davis because I think he would be funny, offer good advice and he is a true legend....

BUT....

So is Hendry and after listening to him in commentary and hearing that he is very personable at exhibitions and snooker legends events I think he would be very interesting to discuss shots with.

ALSO Mark J Williams has the welsh connection and I used to practice with Mark on occasion and have driven him to events when he was a youngster so there is a direct connection there.

ALSO Jimmy White, flamboyant, legend and he was fantastic with Hannah at the Legends event in Gloucester last year.

It's a no lose situation for Hannah and I would probably leave it up to Jason to organise but I have put polls up on facebook and twitter with the following results:

Steve Davis appears to be everyones preferred choice
Jimmy White is a close second
Stephen Hendry just behind Jimmy
Mark J Williams last with very few votes

This poll, though, is not about who you would like to see Hannah play alongside but who you would like to partner if you were given the chance to play in an event like the Snooker Legends tour.

Re: Snooker Legends

Postby Wildey

Steve Davis a Legend and still a Great player would be a Good Partner however if she wants sound advice about the Game and how to get Better then Stephen Hendry is the Guy.

Just ask Neil Robertson lol

Postby markj147

I listened to that. Interesting that Stephen considered Neil's break-building to be amateurish and that he has given him advice that Neil is adopting. Shows we can always learn.

Postby Roland

I'd partner MJW and be in team float

Postby SnookerFan

Partner Mark Williams, and then remind him that Hendry has more World Titles than he has.

Postby Casey

For me - Hendry, but that's because I am a fan. Jimmy can be hit or miss in how he will turn up (and I don't mean playing wise).

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Hendry has no business being in this poll.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:A Snooker Legends night is supposed to be a fun and relaxed ocassion. Hendry, as we all know, is the biggest kill-joy in snooker history.

Postby Witz78

Wild

please tell me if you were at this event you would choose Davis or Jimmy ahead of MJW as your partner?

Postby markj147

Yes he does. He is playing on the night and is one of the options.

Postby SnookerFan

Jewell wrote:A Snooker Legends night is supposed to be a fun and relaxed ocassion. Hendry, as we all know, is the biggest kill-joy in snooker history.

Unlike you, who people flock towards.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:

I'd rather take an overdose than partner Hendo in a snooker match <ok>

We'd rather you take an overdose as well.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

I'd rather take an overdose than partner Hendo in a snooker match <ok>

We'd rather you take an overdose as well.

:wave: :hankey: