Post a reply

Hannah Jones - through the ages

Postby markj147

Hope this is the right place to post this:

Footage of Hannah through the years!

Hannah (9 years) on receipt of her WLBSA scholarship

Hannah at the academy in 2007 (10 years old)

Hannah at the academy in 2010 (13 years old) Alan Wong is putting her through her paces in the blue ball certificate

Hannah at Cueball (14 years) doing the Pink Certificate - Part 1

Hannah at Cueball (14 years) doing the Pink Certificate - Part 2

Hannah at Cueball (14 years) doing the Pink Certificate - Part 3

Hannah at Cueball (14 years) doing the Pink Certificate - Part 4

Hannah at Cueball (14 years) getting 106 in a line up

It will be interesting to see what she is like in a couple of years!

Re: Hannah Jones - through the ages

Postby Wildey

Married :shock: :shock: :shock: <laugh>

looking forward to looking at these a little later see the difference.

Postby Witz78

just watched th first clip so far.

being a tad over critical i think she slightly double kissed that pink in the up and down shot haha

are the tables she played on 8x4 or 10x5 instead of 12x6. Maybe its just the camera angles deceiving me. Just i remember when i was that age playing on full size tables and they seemed so much vaster compared to me.

Postby markj147

Yes she did and if you mean the interview you will see her cheating when Nigel is being interviewed.lol

12x6 match table in the club she plays at. All tables she plays on have been 12x6 The first vid was shot by the BBC. The last few are shot on myHD camera and the one of Hannah with Alan at the academy was shot using Alans camera. :)

Postby Witz78

markj147 wrote:Yes she did and if you mean the interview you will see her cheating when Nigel is being interviewed.lol

what is it about snooker players with the initials J and H, that they just cant help but parakeet :chin:

rofl

Postby markj147

Witz78 wrote:just watched th first clip so far.

being a tad over critical i think she slightly double kissed that pink in the up and down shot haha

It was set up by the BBC filming team. To be honest they werent getting her to pot the ball just check the lighting etc and it made it into the piece. Doh!! :)

Postby markj147

Witz78 wrote:
markj147 wrote:Yes she did and if you mean the interview you will see her parakeeting when Nigel is being interviewed.lol

what is it about snooker players with the initials J and H, that they just cant help but parakeet :chin:

rofl

Not proven because I cannot quite see her moving the object ball. Merely implied and she did notify me a few days later... ;)

Postby Roland

Good stuff, just watched them myself. Love the interview in the first clip. She had the cue action at that age already. I'm looking forward to seeing how good your other little girl is at golf in a few years time. Freak of nature your family!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote: Freak of nature your family!

and thats just the dad ;-) <laugh>

Postby Wildey

ive seen some players at 10 to 13 years of age that gone on to great things in the game and no way they had a better technique at that age than hannah had at 10...

nothing is guaranteed and you need more than talent and Technique to make the Grade but i for the life of me cant see why a woman or girl cant be a major success at snooker.

Postby markj147

Wild wrote:ive seen some players at 10 to 13 years of age that gone on to great things in the game and no way they had a better technique at that age than hannah had at 10...

nothing is guaranteed and you need more than talent and Technique to make the Grade but i for the life of me cant see why a woman or girl cant be a major success at snooker.

Agreed. Not sure yet if Hannah has what it takes but she is getting opportunities. Whether she makes the most of them only time will tell. If not then its over to America to make some money.

Postby Wildey

markj147 wrote:
Wild wrote:ive seen some players at 10 to 13 years of age that gone on to great things in the game and no way they had a better technique at that age than hannah had at 10...

Agreed. Not sure yet if Hannah has what it takes but she is getting opportunities. Whether she makes the most of them only time will tell. If not then its over to America to make some money.

for me the 1 major problem reanne had last season was she wasent playing for Reanne Evans she was playing for women everywhere pressure too great.

she needs other girls to push her hard and relieve the pressure then standards will improve and girls will break through hope hannah will be that girl :-)

Postby markj147

Heres another one I processed today. About a year ago when she was 14 playing her 17 year old friend Troy Brett. Her break off leaves alot to be desired!.

Postby vodkadiet

zeeshan wrote:very nice footage, i like this

You aren't Jimmy Saville's mate are you? :?

Postby markj147

Hannah has been invited by Jason Francis to partner one of; Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry, Jimmy White or Mark J Williams at the Snooker Legends at the Derby Assembly Rooms in May. She has been asked for her choice of partner but she has put a poll on Facebook and Twitter to see who people would want her to play alongside. However the final decision will come down to whether any of them will actually want to play alongside her and also Jason Francis.

Hopefully there will be more footage to post of that evening.

An update:-

Hannah has been studying hard for her GCSE's over the past few weeks and will be focussing on her exams until they finish at the end of May.

So far she is playing really well in matches with little to no practice. She has decided, with the help of her school careers counselor, her family, her sponsors and her friends to have a go at playing snooker full time for a couple of years when her exams have finished which will be June 2013. Until then she will play very little snooker other than matches.

She is being helped by a few very kind sponsors who are giving her the opportunity to work as hard as she can and see exactly how far she can go. She is quite excited about this and will be playing at every opportunity whoever she can from professional players to ex pros to top amateurs. I hope that she will be able to play in the PTC's and as many tournaments as she reasonably can.

This will give her a chance to see exactly what she needs to do to be the best and to compete with the best. Should she not make it then she wont have lost too much time and can focus on different path.

I will keep you all updated.

Have a great festive period. Chillax all. :)

Postby Roland

Thanks for the update Mark and tell Hannah all the best from all of us here.

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:Thanks for the update Mark and tell Hannah all the best from all of us here.

<ok>

:xmas1: :xmas1: :xmas1: :xmas1:

Postby mick745

Just wondering what Hannah is up to these days, She doesn't seem to have entered any tournaments recently - I really hope she is doing well and hasn't given up snooker?