Post a reply

Shoulder behind head?

Postby SavoMilosevic

Most of the time I play pool, but I have tried snooker as well and I have the same problem no matter which of the two stances I use - I can't put my shoulder right behind my head. Here's what I'm talking about - http://starspictu.com/images/efren-reyes-03.jpg or http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cc/Steve_Davis_at_Sports_Club_Turku,_Finland.jpg/220px-Steve_Davis_at_Sports_Club_Turku,_Finland.jpg. My shoulder stays on the right of my head and that's why I have to place my hand a little bit to the left to put the cue under my chin and that makes it difficult to move the cue in straight line. I feel it but I can't make the right change.

Re: Shoulder behind head?

Postby Smart

SavoMilosevic wrote:Most of the time I play pool, but I have tried snooker as well and I have the same problem no matter which of the two stances I use - I can't put my shoulder right behind my head. Here's what I'm talking about - http://starspictu.com/images/efren-reyes-03.jpg or http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cc/Steve_Davis_at_Sports_Club_Turku,_Finland.jpg/220px-Steve_Davis_at_Sports_Club_Turku,_Finland.jpg. My shoulder stays on the right of my head and that's why I have to place my hand a little bit to the left to put the cue under my chin and that makes it difficult to move the cue in straight line. I feel it but I can't make the right change.

good luck <ok>

Postby jojo

the links not working but it may be a good idea to adjust your feet if you right handed left foot should be roughly pointing at a fourty five degree angle and right foot in line with the shot slightly in front of your left foot and your back should be straight as possible like steve davis not hunched like tony knowles and bottom sticking out as far as possible

reading your post i think your feet need adjusting

any normal human being that bend over should have their head in front of their shoulder unless they an abnormal one ie if one leg is a foot or two longer than the other leg which may go some way to explaining why your shoulder stays on the right of your head and not behind it

Postby Sickpotter

I think feet is a good call but you should also have a good look at your upper body turn when you're prepping to get down on a shot.

I tend to rotate my upper body until it lines up with my shot and put my bridge hand down when I've set my shoulders on that line. Result is that my bridge arm shoulder is pretty much right up against my right cheek (I'm a lefty) leaving no upper body movement anywhere except my cue arm.

You should keep in mind that not everyone cues right through the middle of their chin. This depends on if you have a dominant eye, only those without a dominant eye should be trying to cue right in the middle of their chin. Everyone else will be a hair left or right....sometimes more than a hair.

A picture of your current stance would be very helpful in making some suggestions if you're inclined to post one. <ok>

Cheers,
Rob

Postby Smart

jojo wrote:the links not working but it may be a good idea to adjust your feet if you right handed left foot should be roughly pointing at a fourty five degree angle and right foot in line with the shot slightly in front of your left foot and your back should be straight as possible like steve davis not hunched like tony knowles and bottom sticking out as far as possible

reading your post i think your feet need adjusting

any normal human being that bend over should have their head in front of their shoulder unless they an abnormal one ie if one leg is a foot or two longer than the other leg which may go some way to explaining why your shoulder stays on the right of your head and not behind it

ha, utter rubbish rofl

Postby adamm

Hi. I've got exactly the same problem. No matter how hard I try I can't do it. Did you manage to fix your stance?

Postby vodkadiet

You put your left leg in, you pull your left leg out..., in,out.... in, out.... shake it all about...
Last edited by vodkadiet on 23 Dec 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Guys this is a Coaching section if you haven't got something worth while to contribute to helping people with their game just dont bother Posting.

Postby vodkadiet

Wild WC wrote:Guys this is a Coaching section if you haven't got something worth while to contribute to helping people with their game just dont bother Posting.

Coaching?!!

You couldn't coach Ivy to grow up a wall!

:cracker: