Post a reply

Dunne ousted again

Postby Casey

Mike Dunn tried once again for a place on the WPBSA Board but as you can see below, his peers once again don't feel he is the right man for the job

[quote="Steve Davis and Ken Doherty both kept their places as directors of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association at the Annual General Meeting of snooker's governing body in Sheffield today."][/quote]

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 59,00.html

Re: Dunn ousted again

Postby Roland

Shame Doherty is on the board, I've heard him talk a right load of bullocks about the Crucible format which he clearly hadn't thought through properly. People like him in positions of power can be dangerous.

Re: Dunne ousted again

Postby Casey

Doherty is Fergie's lapdog, that's why they brought him in. They don't want a strong personality that will stand up to them.

Postby Roland

What are you on about?

Postby Witz78

Dunns part of the old Rodney Walker regime so he has little or no chance of being voted back onto the board as most would assume hed stir things up.

He cut a forlorn figure at the PTC at the weekend, barely raised a smile or reaction when i said Hi and wished him well. And during his match he had the look of a man resigned the his fate, namely a man whos sick of snooker and will indeed carry out his threat to retire at the end of the season.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Shame Doherty is on the board, I've heard him talk a right load of bullocks about the Crucible format which he clearly hadn't thought through properly. People like him in positions of power can be dangerous.

he has a funny accent as well, at least Dunny is understandable with his Northern voice :wave:

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:What are you on about?

Well it's straight forward really. Ken gets on with most of the pro's but won't cause a stir for the senior Board members - he will toe the line and keep his head down. I think this suits the board much better than having a player in that wouldn't always nod in agreement with what the party line is.