Topic locked

Williamhill.com UK Championship Semi Final Discussion.

Postby Wildey

Saturday 1st ~ Sunday 9th of December at The Barbican Centre, York

The Semi Final Brings together 4 Englishmen Shaun Murphy Former World Champion against Ali Carter twice World Championship Runner up and in the Other Former Twice Masters Champion Mark Selby against Mark Davis the surprise Package.

Who will make the Final ?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Ali Carter v Shaun Murphy
--------------------------------------------
Mark Davis v Mark Selby

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Semi Final Discussion.

Postby Skullman

I have never seen anyone do a job like that on Robbo before. Words can't describe how happy I am now. I'll be missing the first session of tomorrow's (well today's now) semi, but the Selby is still in it and he has Mavis who only beaten him once, in the CL. Doubt he'll be making a max in the decider. WN1 spot looking good.

Postby Roland

Skullman wrote:I have never seen anyone do a job like that on Robbo before. Words can't describe how happy I am now. I'll be missing the first session of tomorrow's (well today's now) semi, but the Selby is still in it and he has Mavis who only beaten him once, in the CL. Doubt he'll be making a max in the decider. WN1 spot looking good.

Forget the WN1 spot, the UK title looks good. He's the best player left in it and as long as he remains focussed he should walk it from here really. Of course you don't know what can happen but surely the win last night will give his confidence a massive boost. Fingers crossed he can start the remaining matches as well as he's been finishing matches.

Postby Casey

Selby needs this, I will go as far as saying it would shape his career for the next few years.

He talked about doubting himself and that's a dangerous path to go down. If he can will the title then it will be a massive boost and he will be a major contender once again.

Postby Wildey

ttol wrote:Gah, boring SF lineup. Luca why didn't you clear up!?

i think its a interesting semi final line up

OK you haven't got the Flair players there but that doesn't detract from it.

Postby Wildey

im not too sure of the miss rule in that instance.

yes there's easier balls to hit but the object of the game isnt to leave a oponent with a frame winning chance.

Postby Alex0paul

Wild WC wrote:im not too sure of the miss rule in that instance.

yes there's easier balls to hit but the object of the game isnt to leave a oponent with a frame winning chance.

But the object of the game is to hit the balls

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:

but not any ball

the right ball to keep the table safe

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:I don't get what you just said there. Are you saying Hendry is less tolerant of low standard snooker?

Hendry thought Standard of play this afternoon was poor and Davis said it was Good.

Hendry isnt happy unless there's big breaks every frame that illustrates why hes retired while Steve Happy enough scratching around playing poor.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

but not any ball

the right ball to keep the table safe

No the rule is that they should give priority to hitting a ball on, any ball on. If they elect not to do that, then they should be prepared to give their opponents penalty points in multiple attempts which could indeed be less damaging than handing them prime position to win the frame.