Topic locked

Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 16 Discussion.

Postby Wildey

Saturday 1st ~ Sunday 9th of December at The Barbican Centre, York

The Last 16 and its been carnage in York defending champion Judd Trump lost from a commanding position,Last years Runner up Mark Allen was out Played by Marco Fu,Ding Junhui Suffered a Double from Day Having already lost to Day at the Crucible and Former 2 Times UK Champion Mark Williams was Humbled by Mark King

But Still there and Fighting is Former World no 1 Mark Selby and 4 Former World Champions Graeme Dott,Shaun Murphy,Neil Robertson and John Higgins

also there is 17 year old Luca Brecel.

Quality Remains who will Progress ?

DRAW

Last 16

Mark Joyce v Ali Carter
Stuart Bingham v Stephen Maguire
Mark King v Luca Brecel
Graeme Dott v Shaun Murphy
----------------------------------------------------------------
John Higgins v Mark Davis
Matthew Stevens v Marco Fu
Neil Robertson v Barry Hawkins
Ryan Day v Mark Selby

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 16 Discussion.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 4th of December

1pm

Mark Joyce v Ali Carter

7pm

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion.

Postby vodkadiet

Good for snooker that Brecel got through. Hopefully he can start playing like the next genius and win this event. Snooker needs some fresh talent that will eliminate deadwood like Walden, Hawkins. Mark Davis, and Bingham forever.

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion.

Postby daraghj82

vodkadiet wrote:Good for snooker that Brecel got through. Hopefully he can start playing like the next genius and win this event. Snooker needs some fresh talent that will eliminate deadwood like Walden, Hawkins. Mark Davis, and Bingham forever.

yeah i agree its good that luca won, he faces mark king who afaik he beat to get the wc back in may !!!

i fancy the 'terminator' john higgins as i call him as he is so hard to beat even when off form to win the event , if not i'd like to see murphy or selby win it :-D

Postby hendry_fan

Wild WC wrote:Tuesday 4th of December

1pm

Mark Joyce v Ali Carter

7pm

First of all,great win for Brecel yesterday!. :clap:

I had time to watch the first 4 frames,i wrote earlier that i could see him beatin Walden,so it does,nt surprise me at all that he indeed did!.

Walden really does make so many careless mistakes,misses too many easy,silly pots and messes up too much safetys,he spoils it for himself by givin his opponents too many bites at the cherry,Coming to think of it,Walden reminds me a bit like Ryan Day, his snooker follows a very similar pattern:td:

Anyway,it,s great that Brecel won,snooker really does need to have some new young guns!. <ok>

The only matches that i personaly find intrestin today are this evenings matches.

Come on Dott!
Come on Maguire! :-D

Postby Smart

2 brilliant matches last night, both really enjoyable. Well played to Luca and MAK for their deserved wins. I noticed how turgid Walden has become. He has always been a carpet treader but its getting ridiculous the time and working out he takes over the simplest of shots. Lucas game is a breath of fresh air, and although I am not into fist pumping his was excusable in my view last night. What a star that kid is :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:2 brilliant matches last night, both really enjoyable. Well played to Luca and MAK for their deserved wins. I noticed how turgid Walden has become. He has always been a carpet treader but its getting ridiculous the time and working out he takes over the simplest of shots. Lucas game is a breath of fresh air, and although I am not into fist pumping his was excusable in my view last night. What a star that kid is :hatoff:

but Luca did not play well it was more the fact Walden let him off.

but i agree about Walden Selby gets stick for being negative but Walden is as negative as it gets he was seeing problems with every shot.

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
Smart wrote:2 brilliant matches last night, both really enjoyable. Well played to Luca and MAK for their deserved wins. I noticed how turgid Walden has become. He has always been a carpet treader but its getting ridiculous the time and working out he takes over the simplest of shots. Lucas game is a breath of fresh air, and although I am not into fist pumping his was excusable in my view last night. What a star that kid is :hatoff:

but Luca did not play well it was more the fact Walden let him off.

but i agree about Walden Selby gets stick for being negative but Walden is as negative as it gets he was seeing problems with every shot.

Luca did not play as well as he can by a long stretch but under the circumstances he did the job and that is very commendable. At one point, can't remember the frame number, Walden was in the process of clearing up and he messed up position from yellow to green but the previous shot he was umming and erring and you could see his confidence and state of mind were terrible.

Another to note on Luca, he has that perma-grin - the sort that some people have and its looks like he is always happy or content. Maybe its an illusion but compare and contrast the face of Luca and that of Walden last night - chalk and cheese. <ok>

Postby Wildey

i thought as the match went on you could see Luca mature as a player. instead of gun hoe he did take his time on important shots and a major breakthrough for him.

to get in the Last 16 he has Beaten

Scott Donaldson 6-5
Peter Lines 6-4
Liu Chuang 6-3
Peter Ebdon 6-1
Ricky Walden 6-5

Postby SnookerFan

I'm really craving a Chicken Tikka Massala. A good one. Not like on Saturday, when I ordered one and got a Chicken Korma delivered. I've been in a bad mood about that all week.

It's so hard to find a decent place in Croydon. Especially one that does delivery for one person.