Post a reply

HELP: How to set up an exhibition with a pro?

Postby Ander

Hi there,

I'm willing to bring Stephen Lee for a weekend and take him to a couple of clubs in Barcelona and Valencia. We don't have the experience or knowledge of organising these events and I'd like a bit of background. I mean, selling tickets and charging to play with him is the only way to go? There aren't so many fans here in Spain and I was thinking about organising a tournament where the entry fee goes to the budget to hire him and there's no prize money, but the top 2/4 players can play some frames against a top player. I've also thought about some coaching hours.

How do you usually do it at your clubs? Any comments would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: HELP: How to set up an exhibition with a pro?

Postby Sickpotter

The cost invovled will vary from player to player, the higher the ranking the more expensive it would be to get them out for an exhibition.

How you recover the fee you'll pay the pro to appear is up to you. Most sell tickets but I suppose selling the opportunity to play with the pro is an option too.

The only drawback to allowing players to pay to play the pro is that you can't guarantee quality. IMO if you're a spectator who's paying to watch matches you're going to want to see a decent standard so you should try to ensure any opponents are reasonably good (I'd set my bar around 50+ break builders but depends on what you've got available)

In the end it's going to boil down to what the pro does for his exhibitions. Some may to trick shots, some will play exhibition matches, some will play challenge matches. My suggestion would be to find out what the pro generally likes to do for their exhibitions and gear your fundraising around that. In all likelyhood the pro or his manager will have some cost recouping suggestions that have been used for previous exhibitions.

Good luck.

Postby vodkadiet

Smart wrote:Stephen Lee is currently suspended from playing, would you like him to come and talk about snooker instead of playing it. :gag: :wave: :gag: :wave:

He wouldn't be any good as an after dinner speaker. He would still be eating whilst everyone was waiting for him to start his speech.

"Ladies and Gents. Stephen Lee will start his speech after the 6th course, or maybe 7th".

:|
Last edited by vodkadiet on 27 Nov 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Smart

vodkadiet wrote:
Smart wrote:Stephen Lee is currently suspended from playing, would you like him to come and talk about snooker instead of playing it. :gag: :wave: :gag: :wave:

He wouldn't be any good as an after dinner speaker. He would still be eating whilst everyone was waiting for him to start his speech.

"Ladies and Gents. Stephen Lee will be start his speech after the 6th course, or maybe 7th".

:|

Yes <ok>