Topic locked

Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion.

Postby Wildey

Saturday 1st ~ Sunday 9th of December at The Barbican Centre, York

The UK Championship in it 36th Year is one of the most Prestigious Tournaments on the Snooker Calender and one every Player will want to win.

This year two Snooker Legends will be Missing from the Event Stephen Hendry 5 times Champion has Retired and Ronnie O'Sullivan the 4 Times Champion has Taken a Break from competition But Qualified again This year is the Ever Green Record 6 Times Champion Steve Davis.

Judd Trump will be Defending the Title He won in Emphatic Style Last Year But also there trying to Stop him repeating that Success are Former World Champions John Higgins,Mark Williams,Graeme Dott,Shaun Murphy and Neil Robertson.

Who will win it This year ?

DRAW

Last 32

Judd Trump v Mark Joyce
Ali Carter v Steve Davis
Stuart Bingham v Jack Lisowski
Stephen Maguire v Fergal O’Brien
Mark Williams v Mark King
Ricky Walden v Luca Brecel
Graeme Dott v Martin Gould
Shaun Murphy v Robert Milkins
----------------------------------------------------------------
John Higgins v Michael Holt
Mark Davis v Cao Yupeng
Matthew Stevens v Dominic Dale
Mark Allen v Marco Fu
Neil Robertson v Tom Ford
Barry Hawkins v Liang Wenbo
Ding Junhui v Ryan Day
Mark Selby v Michael White

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion.

Postby Witz78

Hurry up and go in quick week at work so i can hit this tinpot event.
Promising signs from the york flares facebook pics from sat nite uploaded, hen dos galore, slapper central almost, more of the same this wknd hopefully. And the dancefloor looks great too.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Hurry up and go in quick week at work so i can hit this tinpot event.
Promising signs from the york flares facebook pics from sat nite uploaded, hen dos galore, slapper central almost, more of the same this wknd hopefully. And the dancefloor looks great too.

:ymca: :limp:

Postby snooky147

I would like to know why as usual that Graeme is singled out to play in The German Qualifier on friday and has to immediately travel to York to play on the Saturday. Why was this match not held back like others. He is the only top 16 player to have been treated like this. Why am I not surprised.

Postby snooky147

Also to be fair he deserves the same as everyone else. The logistics of the drive concern me less than that. Just another example of a governing body who dont give a crap about anyone other than the top 8. He is not making anything of this, I am.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:But to be fair Sheffield and York are less than an hours drive from each other.

yes plus if he loses that last 64 match he cant count himself lucky he didnt have to go all the way to Germany incurring far higher expenses to do so <ok>

Postby Roland

What are the times of his matches? How late could it go on Friday? I'm pretty sure he's playing in the evening session on Saturday isn't he? Because I'm missing it due to my works xmas do.

Postby Roland

There was a player from the first session on Saturday, I can't remember who it was, but they rescheduled his EPTC qualifier because of that. I remember because Wild swore at World Snooker on twitter again about it.

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:There was a player from the first session on Saturday, I can't remember who it was, but they rescheduled his EPTC qualifier because of that. I remember because Wild swore at World Snooker on twitter again about it.

I think it was Barry Hawkins. It was defo a SWSA player as it was Janie who tweeted about the rescheduling.

Postby snooky147

My point is they are in Sheffield now. Why could these matches not have been played on the Thursday, it could have been arranged easily but no they go for the way that proves the most awkward for the players. Graeme is the only top 16 player but the others like Michael Holt have also been treated shabbily in my opinion. Seems that when you buy into Hearns regime you have to accept that you get treated like crap.

Postby Witz78

yeh Dotts in the 7pm Sat night game v Gould so think Snookys making a fuss over nothing really.

Surely better than having a day off kicking his heels and incurring more expenses

Look at the Premier League players who have to then rush to an airport from some obscure town and head to Europe for a PTC quite often.

Bingo today had to play this morning after winning the PL last night.

Postby snooky147

Heheheh, you would know if I was really making a fuss mate. I am just a believer in being treated according to your rank, something which this heirarchy knows sod all about. Whether he wins or loses is of no consequence to me when it comes to things like this though I get riled. Seen it all too often.

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Hurry up and go in quick week at work so i can hit this tinpot event.

If i find a wig shop in York ill get an idea of prices for you <ok>

Postby Skullman

Damn. Had some very important things come up and looks like I'll be missing most of the tournament. I can probably squeeze in the first three days and maybe bits on the second weekend, but bummer that I'll be missing a lot of the third biggest tourney of the season.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:There was a player from the first session on Saturday, I can't remember who it was, but they rescheduled his EPTC qualifier because of that. I remember because Wild swore at World Snooker on twitter again about it.

i didn't swear at World Snooker i called them stupid which it was.

its not rocket science why cant they think first then put it down as the Draw/Order of play instead of cocking up then change it around.

Postby Wildey

Playing Friday in Sheffield and could be in York on Saturday

Michael Holt Friday 10am >>Saturday 11am
Barry Hawkins Friday 10am >>Saturday 11am
Liang Wenbo Friday 10am >>Saturday 11am
Ryan Day Friday 2.30pm >>Saturday 2pm
Fergal O'Brien Friday 7pm >>Saturday 2pm
Graeme Dott Friday 10am >>Saturday 7pm

So Graeme is the Winner out of thoes players 32 hours between sessions

Postby SnookerFan

Changing the subject. just had the news on. They're on about the floods all over the country. They showed a picture of York totally emerged in water. I hope this doesn't affect the tournament. Will players have trouble getting there etc?

Sonny, you're in York. How bad is it?

Postby Smart

snooky147 wrote:Also to be fair he deserves the same as everyone else. The logistics of the drive concern me less than that. Just another example of a governing body who dont give a crap about anyone other than the top 8. He is not making anything of this, I am.

If Graeme is not complaining then why are you. When he has a cold do you sneeze for him :wave:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:yeh Dotts in the 7pm Sat night game v Gould so think Snookys making a fuss over nothing really.

Surely better than having a day off kicking his heels and incurring more expenses

Look at the Premier League players who have to then rush to an airport from some obscure town and head to Europe for a PTC quite often.

Bingo today had to play this morning after winning the PL last night.

Poor Bingo - at least he has massive hands as if that is some sort of compensation :wave:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
Smart wrote:

If i find a wig shop in York ill get an idea of prices for you <ok>

I'm sure you will be searching out Yorks gay village as a more pressing matter. :ymca: :limp: :wave:

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:Playing Friday in Sheffield and could be in York on Saturday

Michael Holt Friday 10am >>Saturday 11am
Barry Hawkins Friday 10am >>Saturday 11am
Liang Wenbo Friday 10am >>Saturday 11am
Ryan Day Friday 2.30pm >>Saturday 2pm
Fergal O'Brien Friday 7pm >>Saturday 2pm
Graeme Dott Friday 10am >>Saturday 7pm

So Graeme is the Winner out of thoes players 32 hours between sessions

and Sheffield to York is a walkable distance, storm in a teacup, mountain out of molehill :wave:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Changing the subject. just had the news on. They're on about the floods all over the country. They showed a picture of York totally emerged in water. I hope this doesn't affect the tournament. Will players have trouble getting there etc?

Sonny, you're in York. How bad is it?

I believe the tournament will go ahead, but I am happy to start some rumours for a bit of fun :wave: