Post a reply

Will Steve Davis still be on the main tour when he's 60?

Postby SnookerFan

Steve Davis qualified for the UK Championship at the ripe old age of 55.

Do you still think he'll be around when he's 60? Is it possible? I assume he'd have to win more than he's doing at the moment when the Prize Money rankings kick in.

Imagine a top-16 player playing a 60 year old Steve at the UK Championships in 2017. <laugh>

Re: Will Steve Davis still be on the main tour when he's 60?

Postby Witz78

Bear in mind the tour is going up to 128 players as of next season so id imagine that the top 96 will stay on tour going forward so hes going to have more of a safety net with regards to ranking and dropping off tour.

I dont think hed be much worse off under a money ranking list than he is at present tbh, bear in mind hes qualified for the UK, one of the biggest prize money rankers on the tour and does tend to raise his game for the biggest events.

I think he will stay on till hes 60 barring exceptional circumstances like health issues, fading eyesight or Wild shooting him.

Re: Will Steve Davis still be on the main tour when he's 60?

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Bear in mind the tour is going up to 128 players as of next season so id imagine that the top 96 will stay on tour going forward so hes going to have more of a safety net with regards to ranking and dropping off tour.

I dont think hed be much worse off under a money ranking list than he is at present tbh, bear in mind hes qualified for the UK, one of the biggest prize money rankers on the tour and does tend to raise his game for the biggest events.

I think he will stay on till hes 60 barring exceptional circumstances like health issues, fading eyesight or Wild shooting him.

Very true, I'd forgotten that.