Post a reply

MIKE DUNN TO RETIRE FROM SNOOKER !!!

Postby Witz78

Just seen this on Twitter

"I will compete in the remaining events I've entered with no practice but 100% effort then retire. Thanks for all the support over the yrs"

i know hes had some issues healthwise of late, but im wondering whether hes another one dissillusioned with the fuller calendar Hearn has gave the players :shrug:

Re: MIKE DUNN TO RETIRE FROM SNOOKER !!!

Postby Roland

How did you work that one out? Disillusioned with his form more like. Hopefully he'll find his form again soon and start winning matches again and if that happens I'm sure he'll reconsider.

Postby Roland

He hasn't won a match since February so confidence is low. I put this "announcement" down to disillusionment with his game that a string of results can change. I hope so anyway, he's a very talented player and still has a lot to give.

Postby Wildey

in the old days not winning since february would mean about 4 or 5 matches but these days with so many tournaments that can equate to about 15 to 20 matches.

it is demoralising and it becomes a habit.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:That guy on the right is one ugly bastard. And is the camp pose intentional? :john:

Mike Dunn looked so happy in that photo though, where did it all go wrong for Dunny. :wave:

He met you outside some toilets, and you asked for a photo. He never recovered.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:That guy on the right is one ugly bastard. And is the camp pose intentional? :john:

Mike Dunn looked so happy in that photo though, where did it all go wrong for Dunny. :wave:

He met you outside some toilets, and you asked for a photo. He never recovered.

yeah you could be right, IF I were to plot a graph of when Dunny met Smart I bet his form and ranking dropped from the very second we had our photo taken. :wave:

Dunny :wave:

Postby Monique

bluelagoon wrote:I wonder why none of the snooker blog writers talk about Dunn's announcement. Seems like they don't (want to) believe him.

What is there to write about really?
Mike has been struggling big time over the last year, he's not won a match since last February, his health hasn't be good neither and he's 41. So there is nothing surprising to the fact that he feels depressed about his snooker and can't see the light at the end of this tunnel at this moment in time.

Postby Witz78

bluelagoon wrote:I wonder why none of the snooker blog writers talk about Dunn's announcement. Seems like they don't (want to) believe him.

GOOD

Ive no interest in listening to a load of patrionising politically correct tripe from Hendon <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Dunn will join the legends tour. He figures if Jeremy Bates can be part of the Tennis Tour of Champions then he should certainly be playing a full part on the Snooker Legends Tour.