Post a reply

NON-VEGAN UK CHAMPS TAKEAWAY SCHEDULE

Postby Smart

I am taking 3 half days holiday to view the UK championship as it is a snooker tourny that is close to my heart and I like to see as much of it as I can. This year I will have the Tues, Weds and Thurs as half days, so leaving work at circa 10.30am. This early finish and snooker on the box = take-away time.

The 2012 Smart UK Take-Away Schedule is as follows.........:

TUESDAY: BIG MAC MEAL (with chocolate milkshake) - with any luck they will have a BOGOF deal on BigMacs - ummmmm Gerkins :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

WEDNESDAY: SPECIAL FRIED RICE, CHIPS, CURRY SAUCE

THURSDAY: PORK CHOW MAIN, PLUS CHIPS

:wave:

Re: NON-VEGAN UK CHAMPS TAKEAWAY SCHEDULE

Postby SnookerFan

Hard decision. Here are my options.

Chinese. (Either through order, or from buffet restaurant at the end of the road.)

Meat Feast Pizza from Pizza Gogo. I may order their vegetarian potato wedges. :mosh2:

Pukka Pies and chips. 'Tis the season. (I have a fish and chips shop that delivers to my flat, though I may oven cook the Pies.)

Chick N'Box from the end of my road. Also comes with barbecue beans.

Fry Up from Sara's Diner in Croydon. There's a statue of Elvis, Marilyn Monroe and they play Rock and Roll music.

Maybe pub lunch, in a pub with the television that has the snooker on.

Some form of Burger King / McDonalds combo.

I'm going to give this serious consideration. Your advice would be much appreciated Mr. Smart. I particularly like the pizza choice, despite your objections.

Smart. :bowdown:

Postby Smart

If only I liked cheese then I would be thinking along the same lines as you mate. I like the chicken and chips option you have highlighted and perhaps I should include KFC at the expense of one of the Chinese options I picked, this is harder than I imagined mate. You know when you got to make big decisions in life and you just dont wanna screw up.

Let hope we both make the right choices here. GL fella :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:If only I liked cheese then I would be thinking along the same lines as you mate. I like the chicken and chips option you have highlighted and perhaps I should include KFC at the expense of one of the Chinese options I picked, this is harder than I imagined mate. You know when you got to make big decisions in life and you just dont wanna screw up.

KFC > Chick N'Box

But Chick N'Box is at the end of my road.

Tough decisions. :D

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:If only I liked cheese then I would be thinking along the same lines as you mate. I like the chicken and chips option you have highlighted and perhaps I should include KFC at the expense of one of the Chinese options I picked, this is harder than I imagined mate. You know when you got to make big decisions in life and you just dont wanna screw up.

KFC > Chick N'Box

I gotta get in the wagon to pick up any of my choices but not far. I got KFC pretty close, MissMillie further out but loads of Chinkys are close drive away, ...................KEBAB is another option that should not be dismissed without consideration, :bowdown:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:

KFC > Chick N'Box

as if your going to waddle to the end of your road :weeds:

how much do they charge for deliveries ? :shrug:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
I gotta get in the wagon to pick up any of my choices but not far. I got KFC pretty close, MissMillie further out but loads of Chinkys are close drive away, ...................KEBAB is another option that should not be dismissed without consideration, :bowdown:

You can shove your kebabs up your jacksie. :fart:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

dont give him ideas :limp:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

is that cos they generally come with salad and that rabbit munch Witx has posted as put you off . Witx shoud be ashamed he now putting people of decent kebabs with his photos of salad, disgrace :wave:

Postby Lucky

Witz78 wrote:LETS HOPE EBDON WINS IT :D

ONE IN THE EYE FOR YOU BLOBBY MEAT EATING PLUTOCRATS

How long you been queer.........sorry veggie now :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

To be fair, I don't have anything against vegans or vegetarians. People should have the freedom to eat as they wish. If they don't tell me how to behave, I'd extend them the same courtesy.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:To be fair, I don't have anything against vegans or vegetarians. People should have the freedom to eat as they wish. If they don't tell me how to behave, I'd extend them the same courtesy.

how about we broker a compromise deal

you hit a dancefloor this weekend and ill eat a pork chop ? :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:To be fair, I don't have anything against vegans or vegetarians. People should have the freedom to eat as they wish. If they don't tell me how to behave, I'd extend them the same courtesy.

how about we broker a compromise deal

you hit a dancefloor this weekend and ill eat a pork chop ? :wave:

How do you read what I said and arrive at the conclusion that I want you to eat a pork chop? <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Mr. Smart. :hatoff: Here is the decision I am wrestling with.

1) Before the tournament starts do I buy a case of lagers for the week's entertainment?

Advantages: You can often get cheap deals, especially on the run up to Christmas. 10 cans for £8, 20 cans for £14 etc... Cheap option, and I wouldn't need to go to the shop each time I want beer.

Disadvantages: If I buy a ten box, I tend to drink 8 of them on the first day, and have to go and buy more anyway. Or I drink the whole lot, and feel so bad about doing it I don't drink any more for the rest of the week.

2) Or do I go for the 'buy them when I need them policy'.

Advantage: I can pretend I'm pacing myself, even though I'm not. If I fancy a change of brand half-way through the week, it's no problem. Also, I won't run the risk of buying a load of beer, spending a lot of time watching the matches elsewhere, and having loads of beer left at home.

Disadvantage: Expense. Also I live next door to a pub, so if I only buy a four-pack and feel like more I'll just go next door and ask them to put the snooker on. Last time I did that, I got really snake hissed and nearly got barred for having a 'disagreement' with the barmaid. It's a bit risky.

Discuss.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Mr. Smart. :hatoff: Here is the decision I am wrestling with.

1) Before the tournament starts do I buy a case of lagers for the week's entertainment?

Advantages: You can often get cheap deals, especially on the run up to Christmas. 10 cans for £8, 20 cans for £14 etc... Cheap option, and I wouldn't need to go to the shop each time I want beer.

Disadvantages: If I buy a ten box, I tend to drink 8 of them on the first day, and have to go and buy more anyway. Or I drink the whole lot, and feel so bad about doing it I don't drink any more for the rest of the week.

Advantage: I can pretend I'm pacing myself, even though I'm not. If I fancy a change of brand half-way through the week, it's no problem. Also, I won't run the risk of buying a load of beer, spending a lot of time watching the matches elsewhere, and having loads of beer left at home.

Disadvantage: Expense. Also I live next door to a pub, so if I only buy a four-pack and feel like more I'll just go next door and ask them to put the snooker on. Last time I did that, I got really snake hissed and nearly got barred for having a 'disagreement' with the barmaid. It's a bit risky.

Discuss.

in your situation, I think a BUY AS REQUIRED option would be best :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Mr. Smart. :hatoff: Here is the decision I am wrestling with.

Discuss.

WHO CARES

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:WHO CARES

It was addressed to Mr. Smart, the starter of this thread. :hatoff:

still stands WHO CARES

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I blame Smart, for starting this shitty thread. :grrr:

hahahahaha - who cares, me

Another legendary comment from the legendray Smart. :hatoff:

Top quality poster.

Postby Smart

AttitudeCarter or LuckyTrump? wrote:Why the buck is this not in the junkyard... unless putting tournament titles in threads exempts them from that.

what is it got to do with you, eating take aways is important to some snooker folk whilst the snooker is on, deal with that Mr

Postby SnookerFan

Disaster.

Absolute Disaster.

I'm at my dad's. I watch the John Higgins game. Very enjoyable. Watch a historic England performance against the All Blacks, where they won for the first time in nine years. We order a curry. I order a Chicken Tikka Massla.

They send a bucking Chicken Korma. :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Now I'll always associate a historic sporting result with something being cocked up. When people ask me if I remember 'that All Black win'? My reply will be; "Yes. I was eating a bloody Chicken Korma."

I've been looking forward to a CTM all week. It's one of my favourite meals. The UK Championship may well be ruined for me now.

Postby Smart

I am feeling your pain s/fan, I'd be suicidal in your shoes right now if truth be told. <ok>

I have however procured another 18 cans of Stella from ASDA at £11. Its too cheap to refuse as the very same Stella in the very same Christmas packaging is £15 in Sainsburys.

Smart - always buying Stella cheaper :wave: <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

My dad purchased some tinnies from the local offy for when I was round, so I had 3 tins of delicious Red Stripe. I've got some ice cold Budweiser waiting for me for the boxing.

Tomorrow, I am getting more serious about the snooker watching. :D