Post a reply

Re: The Snooker Lab Kay Suzanne Memorial Cup (UK PTC 4) !!

Postby Wildey

Sickpotter wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:So in the end Hamilton's fightback was for nothing. We still get Higgins v Trump although a little later than expected.

Higgins has to up his game to beat Judd but he can do it.

We all know he can for obvious reasons.. but on this format I reckon Judd will win this one

I think Higgins'll up his game when he needs to. I remember a few saying Judd would win over bo19 in Shanghai because that was shorter than the World final. I think Higgins'll go behind 0-3 or 1-3 but play well when it counts.

you give Higgins too much credit

:shrug:

How do you figure? Higgins has a long history of doing exactly this to say nothing of having done it recently to Judd.

No matter great final to be seen for sure.

of course he can but its never as easy as turning on a tap.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Judd is without doubt the best player in the World at the Moment the standard he plays at is above anyone else and its been quite a few years since ive thought that.

i think Ronnie around 2004

Have you been smoking some serious 'weed' there Wild?

I saw all I needed to know about Trump when his 'ass' went against Carter at The Crucible.

<doh> <doh> <doh> How can you be so naive and say that? how can you judge his recent performances based on that one match? Ok it was an important one, but even the greats of the game, and I mean ALL of them, have bottled important matches down the years when well in front, so I think that says it all...

His recent performances and him getting the number 1 spot sugest otherwise.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Judd is without doubt the best player in the World at the Moment the standard he plays at is above anyone else and its been quite a few years since ive thought that.

I saw all I needed to know about Trump when his 'ass' went against Carter at The Crucible.

you learn from reversals like that and if you would bother to look at the snooker you would realise that

Postby vodkadiet

Wild WC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

you learn from reversals like that and if you would bother to look at the snooker you would realise that

So you are now convinced on the basis of winning that artificially created 4th major, and this mickey mouse PTC?

There may be loads more snooker now but most of it is pure junk.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

So you are now convinced on the basis of winning that artificially created 4th major, and this mickey mouse PTC?

SNOOKER IS SNOOKER

why should we as fans worry about size of the tournament ?

Postby Andre147

Wild WC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

SNOOKER IS SNOOKER

why should we as fans worry about size of the tournament ?

Well that is subjective... If Ronnie still played, I'd rather him win the World Champs than 10 PTCs for instance... but yeah I can see your point

Postby Andre147

AttitudeCarter or LuckyTrump? wrote:The alternative to the PTCs is less events but more full ranking events. There are 13 PTCs this season, if you added 4 proper Ranking Events in place of those it would be a lot better.

Yeah... the point vodkadiet was saying was that all ptcs are pointless events and also included the new 4 th major in that category... yeah right... a tourney where all the best players competed in (excpetion for Ronnie of course) which also had a proper format fitted for a Major.

Postby vodkadiet

AttitudeCarter or LuckyTrump? wrote:The alternative to the PTCs is less events but more full ranking events. There are 13 PTCs this season, if you added 4 proper Ranking Events in place of those it would be a lot better.

Exactly. Bulgaria deserves better than jaded players who are only there because of ranking points.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:

Yeah... the point vodkadiet was saying was that all ptcs are pointless events and also included the new 4 th major in that category... yeah right... a tourney where all the best players competed in (excpetion for Ronnie of course) which also had a proper format fitted for a Major.

Okay, I slightly exaggerated, but there is still more prestige associated with winning a Masters or a Uk than winning whatever they called that event in China last week.

The UK itself was devalued when the frames were reduced last season.

Postby Wildey

NO

if Barry Hearn had offers on the table for more Ranking Events he would do it in a heartbeat he is hoping someone will come forward with more Cash to turn some of the PTC in Europe to full Rankers however until then its PTC.

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:

PTCs are supposed to come before full ranking events to test the water and unless Hearn's introducing 13 new ranking events next season then PTC events are pretty useless except to get ams playing alongside pros - a good thing in itself. I just don't think we need as many and also on the international championship - not a major until it becomes an established major after repeated seasons in several years time until then just a significant ranker.

Postby AC or LT?

Wild WC wrote:

NO

if Barry Hearn had offers on the table for more Ranking Events he would do it in a heartbeat he is hoping someone will come forward with more Cash to turn some of the PTC in Europe to full Rankers however until then its PTC.

Why on earth have three PTCs in China then there's already a load of ranking events there and obviously the money flowing in - if it's about needing cash for the ranking events why not just have them China instead of Asian PTCs?

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Okay, I slightly exaggerated, but there is still more prestige associated with winning a Masters or a Uk than winning whatever they called that event in China last week.

The UK itself was devalued when the frames were reduced last season.

Yeah I definately agree that the Uk Champs has lost its prestige since that reduction of frames... mind you, it started to lose its prtige a bit in 1993 when the Final and Semis formats were changed.. but still not as much as now I reckon

Postby vodkadiet

AttitudeCarter or LuckyTrump? wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

NO

Why on earth have three PTCs in China then there's already a load of ranking events there and obviously the money flowing in - if it's about needing cash for the ranking events why not just have them China instead of Asian PTCs?

Those PTC's equate to Satellite status in tennis terms. *

A satellite tennis tournament is a third tier event, below ATP and Challenger events.

Postby Wildey

AttitudeCarter or LuckyTrump? wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

NO

PTC in china are for a different reason the pool of players in china is massive but they cant afford to come over here to try Q school..

Next season there's 4 players on the main tour through APTC and possibly a few more depending on results elsewhere but now they got a Order of Merit to pick players from.

Postby Andre147

Higgins leads 3-2... Judd must raise his game a bit if he is to win this match...

So far started with a brilliant red, followed by another good black... lets see wht he makes of this