Post a reply

Re: Should snooker players be like boxers (minus underpants?

Postby SnookerFan

Living Snooker wrote:Liam Highfield says snooker can learn a thing or two from boxing, such as players getting involved in some pre-match hype with a few tongue-in-cheek controversial comments. Read his thoughts in his latest blog at http://www.livingsnooker.com

Personally, I don't see the point. That's boring enough when they do it in boxing. Anybody who has watched more than two fights in their entire life knows the boxers say the same rubbish before each fight. :zzz: If I wanted to see arguments and people slagging each other off I'd watch Reality TV or Eastenders. I wish boxers would just shut up and get on with what we're there to see. The boxing match.

Don't really need two snooker players attempting to be funny before each match as well. Besides, it would look a bit silly with (say) Selby getting in an opponents face being all; "Your momma so fat..." etc.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Living Snooker wrote:Liam Highfield says snooker can learn a thing or two from boxing, such as players getting involved in some pre-match hype with a few tongue-in-cheek controversial comments. Read his thoughts in his latest blog at http://www.livingsnooker.com

Personally, I don't see the point. That's boring enough when they do it in boxing. Anybody who has watched more than two fights in their entire life knows the boxers say the same rubbish before each fight. :zzz: If I wanted to see arguments and people slagging each other off I'd watch Reality TV or Eastenders. I wish boxers would just shut up and get on with what we're there to see. The boxing match.

Don't really need two snooker players attempting to be funny before each match as well. Besides, it would look a bit silly with (say) Selby getting in an opponents face being all; "Your momma so fat..." etc.

yup that part of boxing is very cheesy to be honest.

but i do like the tension that a bit of needle creates but you dont want throwing insults at pre match while Rob Walker there sticking a mic in their faces.

Postby Andre147

Yeah it would be a pretty stupid thing to do before a snooker match..

Nevertheless, I could see some very interesting arguments, namely between:

- Allen and Bingham;
- Trump and Lee;
- Trump and Ebdon;
- Ronnie and Ebdon;
- Ronnie and Selby;
- Ronnie and Holt

and a few others as well <cool> :evilgrin: