Post a reply

Ronnie pulls out of the 2012/13 season

Postby Monique

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 06,00.html

World Snooker Statement - Ronnie O'Sullivan
06th November 2012

World Snooker has been informed that Ronnie O'Sullivan does not intend to compete on the World Snooker Tour for the remainder of the 2012/13 season.

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: "I have spoken to Ronnie and he has decided to withdraw from any events he has entered, and he will not be playing for the rest of this season. He has some personal issues which he needs to resolve and we wish him all the best for the future."

Re: Ronnie pulls out of the 2012/13 season

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsArticles/0,,13165~2972006,00.html

World Snooker Statement - Ronnie O'Sullivan
06th November 2012

World Snooker has been informed that Ronnie O'Sullivan does not intend to compete on the World Snooker Tour for the remainder of the 2012/13 season.

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: "I have spoken to Ronnie and he has decided to withdraw from any events he has entered, and he will not be playing for the rest of this season. He has some personal issues which he needs to resolve and we wish him all the best for the future."

Respect for the guy to do this.

it did the sport no favours in Limbo

Postby snooky147

It is good he did the right thing and removed all doubt about the remainder of the season. As Wild says, respect to him for that.

Postby SnookerFan

He's a huge draw, and will be missed by many fans. I'm personally not one of them, I'd rather he not turn up than turn up and buck around. But even so, I know he'll be missed by many.

The sport can deal without him, especially under Hearn. So hopefully he can get his head straight.

Postby Monique

I think it was a very hard decision to take and he needed his time. He's only human and snooker has been his life for 20 years. But he does understand that he has responsibilities towards the sport, the sponsors and the fans and he does care about it, whatever some might think.

Postby Sickpotter

Jewell wrote:I think he'll still turn out for the WC. Plenty of time still remaining between now and then to change his mind back.

:chin:

I don't think he'd be allowed after officially withdrawing from the season.

Anyone know for sure? :shrug:

Postby Monique

Sickpotter wrote:
Jewell wrote:I think he'll still turn out for the WC. Plenty of time still remaining between now and then to change his mind back.

:chin:

I don't think he'd be allowed after officially withdrawing from the season.

Anyone know for sure? :shrug:

I don't think neither and I'm sure he knows it.

Postby daraghj82

good luck to ronnie, it seemed from the outset that his heart wasn't set on this season as he took so long to sign the contract initially. i hope when he does comeback, it goes well for him, the sport will suffer as a result and ronnie is such a big draw and the major tournament like the uk, masters and WC won't be the same without him

Postby Casey

WOW!

Very surprised he won't play in the UK or Masters, but fair play to him for giving a decision.

The question is now if he will ever play the pro tour again....

Postby daraghj82

Casey wrote:WOW!

Very surprised he won't play in the UK or Masters, but fair play to him for giving a decision.

The question is now if he will ever play the pro tour again....

it is indeed , i've no doubt there will be a lot of uncertainty if he ever will. he commented that he was enjoying the legends tour with jimmy et al so maybe that is a strong indication of his future plans...

Postby Wildey

he has enough ranking points in the bank to stay in the top 32 at the end of the season but next season he will have to qualify but hes well capable of doing that consistently if he wants to.

Postby Casey

Wild WC wrote:he has enough ranking points in the bank to stay in the top 32 at the end of the season but next season he will have to qualify but hes well capable of doing that consistently if he wants to.

Are you sure he has enough points? with his 2011 WC QF points coming off as well?

Postby Wildey

closing date for the worlds is next week.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Wild WC wrote:he has enough ranking points in the bank to stay in the top 32 at the end of the season but next season he will have to qualify but hes well capable of doing that consistently if he wants to.

Are you sure he has enough points? with his 2011 WC QF points coming off as well?

e got almost 37,000 last season cant see that amount being out of the top 32

Postby Monique

Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

I'm sure they'll make an exception for Ronnie. He's too big of a name.

I'm sure they won't. That would create a precedent and problems in the future.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

I'm sure they'll make an exception for Ronnie. He's too big of a name.

I'm sure they won't. That would create a precedent and problems in the future.

True, if his name isn't in next week he is out for sure.

Postby daraghj82

freakmoomin wrote:Hendry gone....... now ROS gone!

i cant cope with this :(

same here, my 2 favourite players now gone, one definitely retired and the other
well not fully yet :sad:

Postby Casey

Jewell wrote:

I hope your wrong, but if Ronnie has indeed gone then at least he went out on his own terms. Can't ask for anymore then that.

Yep, a 4-3 loss to Simon Bedford, so you are correct it's a fitting send off for him! :hatoff:

Postby Smart

Casey wrote:
Jewell wrote:

I hope your wrong, but if Ronnie has indeed gone then at least he went out on his own terms. Can't ask for anymore then that.

Yep, a 4-3 loss to Simon Bedford, so you are correct it's a fitting send off for him! :hatoff:

rofl

Postby Monique

Smart wrote:
Casey wrote:
Jewell wrote:

rofl

Well it was all his manager's fault! You don't tempt a man with a monster home cooked paella and then expect him to turn it down. No wonder he wanted to be out of there asap!

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
Well it was all his manager's fault! You don't tempt a man with a monster home cooked paella and then expect him to turn it down. No wonder he wanted to be out of there asap!

Is that a match-fixing allegation? rofl

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:

Is that a match-fixing allegation? rofl

Hum … don't think so. Rather lack of concentration caused by external distracting factor.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

John Virgo ‏@jvofficialjv
Sad News for snooker re: @ronnieo147 but Ronnie has to do what's right for Ronnie and we all have to respect his decision.

I bet it don't stop Virgo going on about Ronnie. He talks about him whether he's playing or not, so I don't see what difference it'll make. <laugh>

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:

Just hearing that this may be incorrect. Some professional snooker players (well Ben Woolaston) say they know nothing about it. So there might be time for ROS to change his mind. Of course this might be the start of his retirement and 2011/12 was his last season.