Post a reply

WS International Championship Final Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Sunday 28th of October~Sunday 4th of November in Chengdu, China

The Final Brings together Judd Trump and Neil Robertson.

it should be a Great Final between these two who over the last few years has built up a Rivalry.

Who will win ?

DRAW
Final

Neil Robertson v Judd Trump

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: WS International Championship Final Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Wild, one of the beauties of snooker is precisely that one can appreciate for various aspects and that it can appeal to people who aren't necessarily all looking for the same thing. That means that some matches will appeal to some people more than others and there is nothing wrong with that. You enjoyed this session, great for you. I didn't and you have no right to tell me I'm not a snooker fan because I didn't. Your tastes are not the same as mine, that's all or maybe, as I said, I just wasn't in the mood for that type of session today. I think I'm entitled to say that I wouldn't devote so much time, energy and, yes, money as well, into promoting the sport if I wasn't a fan. We just look at it from different point of views.

I understand that monique but honest to god i cant understand what people want from a match.

all i want is a competitive match

Every frame in that session could go either way it made it exciting not knowing who would win frames until the final moment of each frame.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:Wild, one of the beauties of snooker is precisely that one can appreciate for various aspects and that it can appeal to people who aren't necessarily all looking for the same thing. That means that some matches will appeal to some people more than others and there is nothing wrong with that. You enjoyed this session, great for you. I didn't and you have no right to tell me I'm not a snooker fan because I didn't. Your tastes are not the same as mine, that's all or maybe, as I said, I just wasn't in the mood for that type of session today. I think I'm entitled to say that I wouldn't devote so much time, energy and, yes, money as well, into promoting the sport if I wasn't a fan. We just look at it from different point of views.

Wild should just be open about who he wants to win matches instead of coming out with all this waffle about different styles etc.

Yesterday he wanted all out attack Judd to whip snooker Ebdon

Now suddenly today hes in favour of a negative slow player.

From one day to the next he forgets what his logic and arguments are then supports who he wants and has to concoct some BS argument to back it up <doh>

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:After today's disgraceful match, Trump needs to win to give credibility back to the game.

PABLOOOOOOOOO

HERNANDEZZZZZZZZZ

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:

I understand that monique but honest to god i cant understand what people want from a match.

Every frame in that session could go either way it made it exciting not knowing who would win frames until the final moment of each frame.

What you don't seem to understand is that others might no want the same thing as you do from a match. I'm a fan of snooker and of most billiard games, but maybe I'm not that much a fan of sports, because if I'm given the choice between a competitive match and a skillful match, I will take the latter any time. What fascinates me is the creativity and imagination of the players, as well as their ability to execute their plans. It's the understanding of the geometry, the angles and physics of the balls. That's why I'm a big fan of 3-cushions as well. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy the competitive side of the sports at all, but it's not my main focus.
I will never tell you that your focus on competitive snooker is wrong - it's what makes you tick, so that's the right approach for you. I'm a different person, with a different mind and different tastes, and I expect you to accept that I enjoy a different side of snooker more and that it doesn't make me less of a fan, that just makes me a different type of fan.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

What you don't seem to understand is that others might no want the same thing as you do from a match. I'm a fan of snooker and of most billiard games, but maybe I'm not that much a fan of sports, because if I'm given the choice between a competitive match and a skillful match, I will take the latter any time. What fascinates me is the creativity and imagination of the players, as well as their ability to execute their plans. It's the understanding of the geometry, the angles and physics of the balls. That's why I'm a big fan of 3-cushions as well. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy the competitive side of the sports at all, but it's not my main focus.
I will never tell you that your focus on competitive snooker is wrong - it's what makes you tick, so that's the right approach for you. I'm a different person, with a different mind and different tastes, and I expect you to accept that I enjoy a different side of snooker more and that it doesn't make me less of a fan, that just makes me a different type of fan.

technically id say your more of a "snooker fan" than Wild if yor prefer precision and top notch snooker (even if its one sided) as opposed to scrappy low quality battles (which are exciting and close)

Postby Witz78

Jewell wrote:Anyone have the full head to head record between Judd and Robbo?

Judd leads, im pretty certain of that cos i did a H2H thread on it about a year ago

pretty sure it was something like 6-3 Judd back then and it did include every single meeting such as CL, PL, etc too.

Postby Roland

http://www.cuetracker.net/pages/h2h.php?ID1=1&ID2=16

50:50

Their Crucible clash was a classic, and the one in York last year was very memorable for me being there and soaking up the atmosphere. Who could forget Robbo going for a toilet break and then coming back, circling the table and playing a roll up to the pack shot? The mind games will be out tomorrow, can't wait!

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:http://www.cuetracker.net/pages/h2h.php?ID1=1&ID2=16

50:50

Their Crucible clash was a classic, and the one in York last year was very memorable for me being there and soaking up the atmosphere. Who could forget Robbo going for a toilet break and then coming back, circling the table and playing a roll up to the pack shot? The mind games will be out tomorrow, can't wait!

Do you like Ebdon and his mind games? :spot on:

Postby Roland

The 2005 quarter-final was entertaining. Waiting for Ebdon to hit the shot will always be frustrating just like it was with Eddie Charlton. Ebdon's mind games are oddball, Robbo is the current king of the mind games in snooker and he'll get under Judd's skin somehow. Especially if he finds himself a couple of frames behind.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:The 2005 quarter-final was entertaining. Waiting for Ebdon to hit the shot will always be frustrating just like it was with Eddie Charlton. Ebdon's mind games are oddball, Robbo is the current king of the mind games in snooker and he'll get under Judd's skin somehow. Especially if he finds himself a couple of frames behind.

Divided loyalties for me in that game as a big fan of both though i hate matches when Ronnie loses the plot a bit so that was hard viewing near the end when it was inevitable there was only one winner.

i agree Robbo prob the best mind game player now, though suppose given Higgins comeback win recently v Trump, he cant be ruled out yet on that front.

And whilst Ebdon is inconsistent hes shown in bursts in the last 7 months that he can still beat the big names with his unique brand of snooker. Interesting too that Robbo struggles against Ebdon too actually, maybe the old Master sees it as a challenge against a younger pretender to his crown :chuckle:

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:The 2005 quarter-final was entertaining. Waiting for Ebdon to hit the shot will always be frustrating just like it was with Eddie Charlton. Ebdon's mind games are oddball, Robbo is the current king of the mind games in snooker and he'll get under Judd's skin somehow. Especially if he finds himself a couple of frames behind.

Divided loyalties for me in that game as a big fan of both though i hate matches when Ronnie loses the plot a bit so that was hard viewing near the end when it was inevitable there was only one winner.

i agree Robbo prob the best mind game player now, though suppose given Higgins comeback win recently v Trump, he cant be ruled out yet on that front.

And whilst Ebdon is inconsistent hes shown in bursts in the last 7 months that he can still beat the big names with his unique brand of snooker. Interesting too that Robbo struggles against Ebdon too actually, maybe the old Master sees it as a challenge against a younger pretender to his crown :chuckle:

ice bucket rattling and all the big guns will be out tomorrow

:hatoff: :spot on: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

COME ONNNN

ROBBOOOOOOO

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:Right then, just placed a sizeable bet on Trump. Hopefully, he'll stand tall in the face of Robbo's antics.

ROBBO WILL WIN

<cool>

Postby Skullman

Ebdon still the king. There's a reason why Robbo's his bunny.