Topic locked

World Snooker International Championship Last 16 Discussion

Postby Wildey

Sunday 28th of October~Sunday 4th of November in Chengdu, China

After the No Show of Ronnie O'Sullivan and The Shock defeats of John Higgins and Mark Williams its down to the Last 16 where we Have World No 1 Mark Selby,Former World Champions Neil Robertson and Shaun Murphy aswell as Chinas Ding Junhui going Strong.

and Aditya Mehta Becomes the First Indian to reach a Last 16 in a Ranking Event having Beaten Stuart Bingham 6-4.

DRAW
Last 16

Lu Haotian v Dominic Dale
Matthew Stevens v Neil Robertson
Shaun Murphy v Ding Junhui
Marco Fu v Mark Davis
-------------------------------------------------
Judd Trump v Aditya Mehta
Mark Allen v Cao Yupeng
Stephen Maguire v Peter Ebdon
Ricky Walden v Mark Selby

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: World Snooker International Championship Last 16 Discuss

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 31st of October

6.30am

Lu Haotian v Dominic Dale
Matthew Stevens v Neil Robertson TV
Marco Fu v Mark DavisTV
Stephen Maguire v Peter Ebdon

11.30am

Shaun Murphy v Ding JunhuiTV
Judd Trump v Aditya MehtaTV
Mark Allen v Cao Yupeng
Ricky Walden v Mark Selby

Postby Muppet147

Tubby Allen plays Cao Yupeng in a repeat of their World Championship first round. Allen accused Yupeng of cheating. He also made a laughing stock out of himself by thuggishly celebrating potting the black - only to see the cueball drop in the pocket.

I hope the fat bucker cops another beating.

Postby Skullman

Muppet147 wrote:Tubby Allen plays Cao Yupeng in a repeat of their World Championship first round. Allen accused Yupeng of cheating. He also made a laughing stock out of himself by thuggishly celebrating potting the black - only to see the cueball drop in the pocket.

Possibly the first time I've agreed with you :spot on:

Postby Skullman

Just some opinions on the matches to come

Lu Haotian vs Dom Dale: You'd expect Dom to come through here and he was impressive against Dott, but these wildcards are full of surprises. Lu already beat Marco Fu from 0-3 and Mike White from 2-5 so he can play. It's just whether he can put up with Dom's tablecraft.

Stevens vs Robbo: Normally I'd say Robbo wins hands down. But Robbo doesn't like China and he has got into the habit of playing well early in tournaments and then losing later. Plus Stevens seems a bit more up for this than the earlier tournaments in the season.

Smurph vs Ding: One of the ties of the round for me and really unpredictable. Both have started well. Ding has beat Murphy recently in the EPTC3 and the Welsh semi in February. But this is in China and if Ding's put under pressure his free flowing game from today'll tighten up. Murphy also has a habit of playing well early and then dipping in level later, but that usually from the quarters onwards. He's normally on the ball at this stage of tourneys and he had biiger margin of victory against a better opponent.

Fu vs Mavis: Both good players on their day, Fu probably more so than Mavis it has to be said. Mavis looks to be scoring pretty heavily and normally I'd favour him but if he wins this match he'll get into the top16 and we all know what Mavis is like one match away from a top16 place...

Trump vs Adi: Massively pleased for Adi, didn't believe he could do, and glad he gets to be on TV against Judd now instead of a random wildcard. Doubt he'll trouble Judd though, so he should just go out there and enjoy himself.

Allen vs Cao: Grudge match! Hoping Cao will win, but Allen seemed to be scoring very heavily against Milkins from what I saw on live scoring. Still Cao doesn't lack bottle and may take confidence from the fact that he's already beaten Allen. Fingers crossed. Don't make any push shots Cao :gag: or rather do, so Allen says something stupid and gets banned from Chinese tournaments <laugh> .

Mags vs Ebdon: Repeat of last season's marathon China Open Final. They have already met in Shaghai this season which Mags won. Plus Ebdon's coming in completely cold and normally needs to play himself into events before becoming really dangerous. Plus Mags winning would set up a cracking quarter against Selby.

Walden vs Selby: Another good match. Walden looked to be playing well from live scoring, much better than Carter was yesterday, although Selby hadn't hit top gear then either. Should be close, but Selby, being the master of brinksmanship that he is, will probably get through. Think the only time Ricky's beaten him is en route to his famous Shanghai win.

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:Wednesday 31st of October

6.30am

Lu Haotian v Dominic Dale :limp: go on Dom :limp:
Matthew Stevens v Neil Robertson TV :irk: shame there has to be a winner :irk:
Marco Fu v Mark DavisTV MCD <ok>
Stephen Maguire v Peter Ebdon :clap: Give him a Glasgow kiss, then beat him, then brake his cue in to 4 pieces :clap:

11.30am

Shaun Murphy v Ding JunhuiTV :pal: DING :pal:
Judd Trump v Aditya MehtaTV :D Come on INDIA, beat the basher :D
Mark Allen v Cao Yupeng :D Mon the Pistol, revenge match :D
Ricky Walden v Mark Selby <ok> Selby to beat the stalking Rodders <ok>

:gag: :gag:
Last edited by Smart on 30 Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Smart

Muppet147 wrote:Tubby Allen plays Cao Yupeng in a repeat of their World Championship first round. Allen accused Yupeng of cheating. He also made a laughing stock out of himself by thuggishly celebrating potting the black - only to see the cueball drop in the pocket.

some of us non-cunts were sat on the front row for that match and dont need it re-explaining you stupid dimwit :wave:

Postby Muppet147

Smart wrote:

6.30am

Stephen Maguire v Peter Ebdon :clap: Give him a Glasgow kiss, then beat him, then brake his cue in to 4 pieces :clap:

11.30am

Shaun Murphy v Ding JunhuiTV :pal: DIND :pal:

Who is Dind, you stupid runt?

Postby Smart

Skullman wrote:Just some opinions on the matches to come

Lu Haotian vs Dom Dale: You'd expect Dom to come through here and he was impressive against Dott, but these wildcards are full of surprises. Lu already beat Marco Fu from 0-3 and Mike White from 2-5 so he can play. It's just whether he can put up with Dom's tablecraft.

Stevens vs Robbo: Normally I'd say Robbo wins hands down. But Robbo doesn't like China and he has got into the habit of playing well early in tournaments and then losing later. Plus Stevens seems a bit more up for this than the earlier tournaments in the season.

Smurph vs Ding: One of the ties of the round for me and really unpredictable. Both have started well. Ding has beat Murphy recently in the EPTC3 and the Welsh semi in February. But this is in China and if Ding's put under pressure his free flowing game from today'll tighten up. Murphy also has a habit of playing well early and then dipping in level later, but that usually from the quarters onwards. He's normally on the ball at this stage of tourneys and he had biiger margin of victory against a better opponent.

Fu vs Mavis: Both good players on their day, Fu probably more so than Mavis it has to be said. Mavis looks to be scoring pretty heavily and normally I'd favour him but if he wins this match he'll get into the top16 and we all know what Mavis is like one match away from a top16 place...

Trump vs Adi: Massively pleased for Adi, didn't believe he could do, and glad he gets to be on TV against Judd now instead of a random wildcard. Doubt he'll trouble Judd though, so he should just go out there and enjoy himself.

Allen vs Cao: Grudge match! Hoping Cao will win, but Allen seemed to be scoring very heavily against Milkins from what I saw on live scoring. Still Cao doesn't lack bottle and may take confidence from the fact that he's already beaten Allen. Fingers crossed. Don't make any push shots Cao :gag: or rather do, so Allen says something stupid and gets banned from Chinese tournaments <laugh> .

Mags vs Ebdon: Repeat of last season's marathon China Open Final. They have already met in Shaghai this season which Mags won. Plus Ebdon's coming in completely cold and normally needs to play himself into events before becoming really dangerous. Plus Mags winning would set up a cracking quarter against Selby.

Walden vs Selby: Another good match. Walden looked to be playing well from live scoring, much better than Carter was yesterday, although Selby hadn't hit top gear then either. Should be close, but Selby, being the master of brinksmanship that he is, will probably get through. Think the only time Ricky's beaten him is en route to his famous Shanghai win.

simply too long :td:

Postby Smart

Muppet147 wrote:
Smart wrote:

6.30am

11.30am

Shaun Murphy v Ding JunhuiTV :pal: DIND :pal:

Who is Dind, you stupid runt?

have a guess pin end :clap:

Postby Smart

Smart wrote:

6.30am

11.30am

Shaun Murphy v Ding JunhuiTV :pal: DING :pal:

:pal:

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:GJ,

ADVICE MATE

would you go near a bird who has 2 kids ?

2 factors

1. How interested are you in her
2. Is their dad on the scene at all

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:

ADVICE MATE

2 factors

1) dunno, only met her last weekend on a night out and been texting her since

2)havent got round to asking that question but i know shes divorced

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

ADVICE MATE

2 factors

keep texting and go with the flow is my advice mate

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

ADVICE MATE

2 factors

keep texting and go with the flow is my advice mate

yeh ill play it by ear i think, least if shes got the sprogs i wont need to see her much if i get involved with her

just need to make sure i dont crack any jokes about SJS <doh>