Post a reply

I'm no angel!

Postby N_Castle07

For those of you who haven’t already seen this documentary on youtube about Alex Higgins here is the link. I watched it on Saturday and found a great watch. The key points I liked was,

The Taylor rivalry “I’ll have you shot,” A.Higgins
The Davis rivalry “I personally hate Davis but he’s a great snooker player” A.Higgins
The famous 69 break “I don’t like being put in that situation because its pot or die,” A.Higgins
The respect between Hendry and A.Higgins,
His marriage and divorce,
His depression and suicide attempt,
Speed of play in the early days,
His conspiracy with World Snooker,

It would be interesting to hear your views on this documentary.

Re: I'm no angel!

Postby N_Castle07

Sorry i totally forgot and the computer i'm on now i can't access youtube. Can someone post the link please.

Postby Roland

Yeah quality documentary. I've got the original on VHS somewhere.

Postby Wildey

N_Castle07 wrote:For those of you who haven’t already seen this documentary on youtube about Alex Higgins here is the link. I watched it on Saturday and found a great watch. The key points I liked was,

The Taylor rivalry “I’ll have you shot,” A.Higgins
The Davis rivalry “I personally hate Davis but he’s a great snooker player” A.Higgins
The famous 69 break “I don’t like being put in that situation because its pot or die,” A.Higgins
The respect between Hendry and A.Higgins,
His marriage and divorce,
His depression and suicide attempt,
Speed of play in the early days,
His conspiracy with World Snooker,

It would be interesting to hear your views on this documentary.

got this on video aswell in days before DVD good insight to the man and the myth.

Alex was entertaining on and off the table in everything he did and even now if theres word Alex Higgins in town the place will be packed. despite the fact quality of play wouldn't be top notch people would go away thinking it was worth every penny with a referee being punched thrown in lol

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Can I be so bold. Any objections......? I'm the ugly one. :)

Postby Rocket_ron

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Can I be so bold. Any objections......? I'm the ugly one. :)

if your the ugly one, who is the good looking one on the left ;)

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

StalinESQ wrote:
DON'T SMOKE KIDS <ok>

He's still smoking you know, roll ups.

Postby Roland

StalinESQ wrote:
Sonny wrote:Yeah quality documentary. I've got the original on VHS somewhere.

do you have a Betamax copy I could borrow........

<laugh>

Maybe it'll be worth something one day, who knows. Generally I remember ebay being the best for selling snooker items when the Worlds are on but the trouble is I can't be bothered answering stupid questions like "Will you drop the postage charge if i send you my own envelope" and having to sort out postage when there's a major event taking up all free time.

Postby N_Castle07

I found Hearn's comments interesting on why he thought Alex was unmanageable.

Postby Witz78

Its always weird and sad to think that the frail old man Alex is now, can really be the same full of life personality who thrilled millions in the 80s.