Post a reply

IBSF World Championship cancelled?

Postby roy142857

Looking likely that the IBSF World Championship won't be held this year as the Egyptian hosts have withdrawn, citing concerns about not being able to guarantee the safety of the players. Real shame.

Guessing they will look for alternate venues, but such a big tournament at short notice with need for venue and accommodation, I wouldn't be too optimistic ...

Re: IBSF World Championship cancelled?

Postby PLtheRef

From IBSF website

The World Snooker Championships for Men, Women and Masters will be held in Sofia, Bulgaria, Nov 24th - Dec 2nd

Click here for a letter from IBSF President Pascal Guillaume regarding the playing conditions and prize money

Entries may now be submitted through the IBSF Tournament entry system

Closing date for entries is 21 October

The Annual General Meeting will be held Thursday, November 29th 2012 at 19:00 in the Dedeman Princess Sofia Hotel
131 Maria Luisa Blvd / 1202 Sofia, Bulgaria

Click here for a letter from IBSF President Pascal Guillaume regarding the 2012 Annual General Meeting

Re: IBSF World Championship cancelled?

Postby Sickpotter

I gotta say I wouldn't be lining up to attend a snooker event in the ME.

Just my opinion but someone's bound to publish another Mohammed cartoon and voila, you're in a life or death situation.

Just not culturally compatible with western ideals, they need another couple hundred years.