Post a reply

Re: Mags vs Ebbo: final frame

Postby Witz78

Ebdon was 100% right to do what he did and i stand by and defend his actions,

surprise surprise none of yous rise above the parapet and defend him and his obvious gamesmanship (Nothing more) because hes Ebdon who yous all hate

had it been Robbo, Higgins, Selby etc then im sure the Geiger counter of Support-O-Mania would already have gone Zoink !!!

Postby jojo

ebdon was wrong though it was a clear free ball it wasnt even contentious and he went on and on for a full five minutes

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Ebdon was 100% right to do what he did and i stand by and defend his actions,

surprise surprise none of yous rise above the parapet and defend him and his obvious gamesmanship (Nothing more) because hes Ebdon who yous all hate

had it been Robbo, Higgins, Selby etc then im sure the Geiger counter of Support-O-Mania would already have gone Zoink !!!

that was not mind games you idiot

it was disrespectful and trying to undermine a ref decision that was 100% right

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Ebdon was 100% right to do what he did and i stand by and defend his actions,

you stupid knob-head <ok>

Postby SavoMilosevic

A few years ago against Selby in the Worlds Ronnie did a similar thing, but nobody made a big deal out of it. It was a clear touching ball situation, but O'Sullivan kept insisting they weren't touching and behaved a lot worse with the referee than Ebdon...

I think the Chinese referee should have said to Ebdon that without the yellow he could send the red from that position to the left side cushion, but with the yellow in the way he could only find the cushion somewhere close to the pocket. This is a lot simpler explanation than putting more balls on the table.

Postby Monique

BTW whatever Ebbo tried or did not try - he's a bit weird TBH - he stood no chance with Ivy. She's a charming lady but she's assertive and there is no messing with her. That's why she's the Head Referee here at the APTC. Everyone trusts and respects her.

Postby jojo

this chinese women is far better than michaela tabb

i got no gripe with ebdon challenging the referee because that his right whether he was correct or incorrect with the freeball questioning he was wrong to go on and on about it for five minutes despite the referee explaining numerous times

Postby PLtheRef

jojo wrote:this chinese women is far better than michaela tabb

i got no gripe with ebdon challenging the referee because that his right whether he was correct or incorrect with the freeball questioning he was wrong to go on and on about it for five minutes despite the referee explaining numerous times

Indeed, and as a ref myself I'm happy to explain a decision I've made to a player.

I do think Ebdon was wrong to insist it but I don't doubt his right to query the decision if he doesn't agree with it. However like I've said I think calls for disciplinary proceeding against Ebdon are over the top

Postby jojo

maybe but it the accumulation of events that what i was thinking of if this was an isolated incident then fair enough but he been doing funny stuff for a while his shenanigans against cope a few years ago were disgusting he was a wpbsa board member he knew what he was doing in effect he was paying the referees wages

Postby kolompar

I dont like ebdon and his tactics but I dont understand whats your problem for me it wasnt obviously a freeball
I have more problem with the referee doesnt speak english...

Postby Wildey

kolompar wrote:I dont like ebdon and his tactics but I dont understand whats your problem for me it wasnt obviously a freeball
I have more problem with the referee doesnt speak english...

firstly the referee does speak english it seems to me Ebdon is the one that doesn't speak english i suggest next time she should talk chinese he might then understand a simple rule.

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote:

you stupid knob-head <ok>

lol
:hatoff: :hatoff: