Post a reply

Quentin Hann 2014?

Postby kriss

Anyone know is Hann has stated his intensions with regard to his ban from the game expiring in 2014?

A while back he posted on facebook stating he hadnt picked up a cue in years, and didnt intend to. But recently I spotted on twitter he joked with Mark Williams that he would return in 2014.

A few players have tweeded him, asking when hes back too.

I just wondered if anyone had any info? My thoughts are he would be good for the game...

Re: Quentin Hann 2014?

Postby Skullman

As far as I know, the Quinten Hann on Twitter was a parody account.

Postby Roland

End of the day, if he cared he'd be playing now. If he cared he'd have contested the ban and swallowed his pride, apologised, pledged never to do it again and set about proving that he had learned his lesson. It's a shame because he really was good enough to have had a career in the top 16 for many seasons but he chose the other path.

Postby sigsky

Not having followed snooker for very long, I had never heard of Quentin Hann. Now that I've done some research, I see he's quite the character. Not sure snooker needs him back.

Postby Roland

He was in the tabloids over here quite a lot when he was a pro. All for the wrong reasons naturally, but it made you tune into his matches.

Postby Witz78

Why should he come back to the corrupt game that screwed him and screwed his repuatation over. He should maintain his dignity and keep away from the damaged goods of the baize.

8 years for the same offence as Higgins is a joke. Just cos Quentin was honest and didnt come up with a Mafia story, thats supposedly makes what he did SIXTEEN times worse than Higgins. Yeh right, its a total conspiracy.

Yes Hann made headlines for his off the table antics but snooker needs someone like him every generation, we had Higgins in the 80s who kept snooker on the front pages as well as the back, Hann was the next to come along really who caused controversy, though he was an easy target for kiss and tells who talked crap as proven in court. And when he could be fussed or wasnt hungover, then he was a damn fine player. Can easily identify with Hann, unlike so many of the bores and clones who grace the game now.

Im guessing everyone here was in Team Hicks when the infamous spat happened though..............? :limp:

Postby Roland

After meeting and chatting with Hicks then yes, definitely.

Jeez you don't half come up with some rubbish Witz. Same offence as Higgins? Corrupt game that screwed his reputation over? Maintaining dignity? Laughable mate, you're talking out your bottom on this one.

Postby Witz78

Hicks is a boring bald non-entity, almost like a slimmer version of Smart actually !!!

Hann was caught on camera by a tabloid sting, agreeing to throw an upcoming match

Higgins was caught on camera by a tabloid sting, agreeing to throw an upcoming match

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE SHERLOCK

Postby Roland

Hicks is a really sound bloke actually.

Hann was careless and took the money, Higgins had a hypothetical discussion over how it would be possible to lose a frame on purpose without categorically agreeing to do it. One was hook line and sinker, one was suggestive. There is a difference.

Postby SnookerFan

I must confess, I've not missed Quinten Hann and don't really care whether he comes back or not.

As Sonny said, he didn't contest the ban. In fact, if I remember he told World Snooker to buck off. Not exactly the actions of somebody who is desperately in love with the game. I would doubt he's even giving it the same consideration we are.

Postby Roland

He won't make a comeback. If he was that way inclined, like I said, he'd have come back already.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Hicks is a boring bald non-entity, almost like a slimmer version of Smart actually !!!

Hann was caught on camera by a tabloid sting, agreeing to throw an upcoming match

Higgins was caught on camera by a tabloid sting, agreeing to throw an upcoming match

Higgins Stood up and Faught his corner

Hann ran away like a coward.

do i win something :shrug:

Postby Sickpotter

Witz78 wrote:Why should he come back to the corrupt game that screwed him and screwed his repuatation over. He should maintain his dignity and keep away from the damaged goods of the baize.

8 years for the same offence as Higgins is a joke. Just cos Quentin was honest and didnt come up with a Mafia story, thats supposedly makes what he did SIXTEEN times worse than Higgins. Yeh right, its a total conspiracy.

Yes Hann made headlines for his off the table antics but snooker needs someone like him every generation, we had Higgins in the 80s who kept snooker on the front pages as well as the back, Hann was the next to come along really who caused controversy, though he was an easy target for kiss and tells who talked crap as proven in court. And when he could be fussed or wasnt hungover, then he was a damn fine player. Can easily identify with Hann, unlike so many of the bores and clones who grace the game now.

Im guessing everyone here was in Team Hicks when the infamous spat happened though..............? :limp:

That you still consider this case the same as Higgins shows you just don't grasp the the facts of both cases.

1- Hann was caught on tape ALONE negotiating his fees for dumping a match, Higgins was brought into the discussion by his manager. Hann initiated the discussion all on his own with no one else involved.

2- Hann was caught talking about fixing main tour matches, Higgins situation was another tour. That in itself is more than enough to warrant the different penalties.

3- Higgins defended himself and accepted the ruling that was handed down. Hann never even tried to defend himself, he was dead in the water and knew it.

4- Higgins was convicted of bring the game into disrepute and found not guilty of match fixing. Hann was convicted of match fixing.

How can you continue to hold your position that the two cases are the same is beyond me :shrug:

Postby Wildey

Sickpotter wrote:How can you continue to hold your position that the two cases are the same is beyond me :shrug:

hes not the only one.

they even try to make caparisons between Bookmakers informing The Authorities about Actual Bets (ie Jogia) to John Higgins talking about imaginary Money on Video while slightly snake hissed.

Postby Sickpotter

Wild WC wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:How can you continue to hold your position that the two cases are the same is beyond me :shrug:

hes not the only one.

they even try to make caparisons between Bookmakers informing The Authorities about Actual Bets (ie Jogia) to John Higgins talking about imaginary Money on Video while slightly snake hissed.

I know....terribly frustrating to see people being so pig-headed about it. Pretty sure the average IQ in the populace has dropped significantly since the internet came along. At the very least many seem to have lost all ability for critical thought :sad:

Postby Casey

Hann makes his money on the pool circuit, he won't come back to snooker. I liked him at the time and enjoyed his games but it's right he is no longer around the game.

Postby Witz78

Sickpotter wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Why should he come back to the corrupt game that screwed him and screwed his repuatation over. He should maintain his dignity and keep away from the damaged goods of the baize.

That you still consider this case the same as Higgins shows you just don't grasp the the facts of both cases.

1- Hann was caught on tape ALONE negotiating his fees for dumping a match, Higgins was brought into the discussion by his manager. Hann initiated the discussion all on his own with no one else involved.

2- Hann was caught talking about fixing main tour matches, Higgins situation was another tour. That in itself is more than enough to warrant the different penalties.

3- Higgins defended himself and accepted the ruling that was handed down. Hann never even tried to defend himself, he was dead in the water and knew it.

4- Higgins was convicted of bring the game into disrepute and found not guilty of match fixing. Hann was convicted of match fixing.

How can you continue to hold your position that the two cases are the same is beyond me :shrug:

WRONG

Higgins WASNT found NOT GUILTY of match fixing, these charges were mysteriously dropped at the 11th hour, some may say a compromise deal was done........ :john:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:I must confess, I've not missed Quinten Hann and don't really care whether he comes back or not.

As Sonny said, he didn't contest the ban. In fact, if I remember he told World Snooker to buck off. Not exactly the actions of somebody who is desperately in love with the game. I would doubt he's even giving it the same consideration we are.

<doh> trust you not to be a fan of someone who liked to enjoy his life

He was in love with the game, he didnt tell snooker to buck off, he told the cretins in charge to buck off, a subtle difference

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Hicks is a boring bald non-entity, almost like a slimmer version of Smart actually !!!

he only stood up once the NOTW had ran the story and he had no choice

hed have kept schtum otherwise prob

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

he only stood up once the NOTW had ran the story and he had no choice

hed have kept schtum otherwise prob

Good Point

However the NOTW Decided to run the story to undermine the World Championship instead of sitting on it for a few weeks to see what developed.

Had Higgins not said nothing after a month and a second meeting took place then John would be screwed as it is the NOTW Cocked it up and the Air of What hapened continues instead of bucking drop it before we die of repetitive boredom.

Postby Sickpotter

Witz78 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:

WRONG

Higgins WASNT found NOT GUILTY of match fixing, these charges were mysteriously dropped at the 11th hour, some may say a compromise deal was done........ :john:

Actually you're correct he wasn't charged, it was dropped after they were told they didn't have sufficient evidence to pursue that charge.

Again, you're working on assumptions not fact <doh>

You don't know a compromise was made.

You don't know he wouldn't have reported it.

Why can't you work with facts instead of just jumping to conclusions based on assumptions? :sad:

Postby Qhann

Iv only looked a few times over the years at stuff written about me but to clear up a few facts.

Iv never been on Twitter it's some sausage with my picture saying all that rubbish I have a life and wouldn't waste it commenting on worthless things. I don't even have fb it's another waste of time.
I never responded/commented on john Higgins match fixing.
I never took money off notw they twice tried to pay me 15k saying it was a goodwill payment I told them to bring 50k as a goodwill payment I knew journalists wouldn't.
I'd already said I was quitting the season before and only playing in next years world title so I didn't give a rubbish about turning up to defend anything. Don't even know why in writing this oh yeah I'm retired now too much free time.
And people are naive to believe multiple players have not throw games for 50 to 100k many have!
As for me paying a fine to world snooker what a laugh lol. World snooker should have kissed my bottom for walking away and letting them hang me and pretend they are cleaning up snooker. Any sport with little money is going to have match fixing and snooker had a lot.
I have never played a shot of snooker since the world title I last played in think 2005/6
I played in only 2 pool competitions in America because they were 300k and 500k to winner around 2007 after that Iv never played.
I always hated snooker and said it many times on tv I played only for the money.
I'm now retired and went to a pool room last night for a game and realized it's still a rubbish game lol notw did me a favor because without that story I may have weakened and kept playing traveling to shitty towns and shitty venues selling my soul for peanuts doing something I hated and that is what I call a wasted life. Be true to yourself I say and if other people enjoy playing good luck to them but putting balls in pockets hours every day is not something very inspiring to me.

Postby Roland

That's bullocks, you hated the game and found it not very inspiring? If you are Quinten Hann and I've no reason to believe you're not, then you can't be as good as you are and not feel inspired when you play. I apologise for stating you took the money from NOTW if you didn't, I tend not to check my facts too much when posting but the article was pretty damning, you obviously didn't care and were disillusioned about being a pro.

Truth is I thought you'd have come back before now matured and wanting to prove something but you haven't. It's not too late, with your reputation you're bound to make a few bucks with a Q School comeback and subsequent media interest, maybe as a pantomime villain but Hearn is switched on to such things and wiping the slate clean isn't beyond the realms if contrition is shown. A lot of time has passed and you've served your time. Food for thought.

Postby SnookerFan

Roland wrote:That's bullocks, you hated the game and found it not very inspiring? If you are Quinten Hann and I've no reason to believe you're not, then you can't be as good as you are and not feel inspired when you play. I apologise for stating you took the money from NOTW if you didn't, I tend not to check my facts too much when posting but the article was pretty damning, you obviously didn't care and were disillusioned about being a pro.

If he's got a fake Twitter account, it's quite possible there are people willing to pretend to be him just for sake of a bit of attention. Could well be the same here.

But let's just assume he is the real Hann for the minute, as like you say neither of us has any real proof either way.

Qhann wrote:Iv only looked a few times over the years at stuff written about me but to clear up a few facts.

Much though I'm not a fan of some of your antics, and there's no point pretending that I am as I've already posted on this thread that I'm not, if this is the real you I quite respect you for coming on and saying a few of these things on here. You didn't have to. Also, you have a point about not commenting on the Higgins case. Pretty classy, really. A lot of fans have made the comparison over and over again, it'd be easy for you to come public with your feelings. Especially in today's celebrity obsessed culture. You could have made money out of making appearances and slagging off Higgins. People would've listened, even if the two cases were different. People just love a scandal. Keeping quiet does show some class.

Saying that, if there are other people in the game who are match fixing, I think they should be made known. Ronnie made the same point on Twitter that he 'knew' a lot of people that were match fixing, but when challenged on it quickly started making out that he had no proof.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I do think we should be united against the people it does happen with. Everybody hates grassing people up so I'm not saying it's an easy thing to do, but I think we're in an era where Hearn would want you to come to his office and express concerns if you have them. You're not in a position to do so now, unfortunately. But I do hope others come forward, if it's as rife as you (and Ronnie) suggest. I can see why people wouldn't do it, especially if they have no proof, so I'm assigning no blame. More just saying, I hope a few people who knows things share their knowledge. I'm not saying it doesn't happen in the game, I'm saying it shouldn't, and I hope the people who do it get punished.

Postby vodkadiet

Hann had the wrong temperament to play snooker. He could have been a decent player, but he caved in too many times when behind. A typical example was when Williams slaughtered him in the 2003 Worlds. Hann went 2-0 up, and then proceeded to lose a record breaking 13 frames in a row. Most of those frames were lost in a hurry, and all because he had no fight.

Australia now have a far better ambassador for snooker.

Anyway, no one cares if Hann hates snooker or not. He is an irrelevance.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Hann had the wrong temperament to play snooker. He could have been a decent player, but he caved in too many times when behind. A typical example was when Williams slaughtered him in the 2003 Worlds. Hann went 2-0 up, and then proceeded to lose a record breaking 13 frames in a row. Most of those frames were lost in a hurry, and all because he had no fight.

If that above was the real Quinten, and he does indeed hate snooker, seems odd that he'd come onto a snooker forum and search out a year old thread.

Either it isn't Quinten, and it's somebody impersonating him. Or it is, and he's specifically looking on snooker forums for mention of himself.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Hann had the wrong temperament to play snooker. He could have been a decent player, but he caved in too many times when behind. A typical example was when Williams slaughtered him in the 2003 Worlds. Hann went 2-0 up, and then proceeded to lose a record breaking 13 frames in a row. Most of those frames were lost in a hurry, and all because he had no fight.

If that above was the real Quinten, and he does indeed hate snooker, seems odd that he'd come onto a snooker forum and search out a year old thread.

Either it isn't Quinten, and it's somebody impersonating him. Or it is, and he's specifically looking on snooker forums for mention of himself.

It does seem strange, you're right. The only thing leaning towards it being him is the grammatical quality of what he wrote. An 8 year old could have written it. Hann came across as being stupid.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 03 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby freakmoomin

personally i would love to see him back.

snooker needs everything it can get to make it interesting! Stephen Hendry is my fav ever player........but even i wouldnt want to watch a load of Hendrys playing each other.

characters make the world an interesting place to live

Postby AC or LT?

Roland wrote:That's bullocks, you hated the game and found it not very inspiring? If you are Quinten Hann and I've no reason to believe you're not, =

This is the internet and there's already someone pretending to be him on twitter? Also if he hated snooker that much, why the heck would he be coming on a relatively obscure snooker forum set up way after he left the game?

Stop feeding the troll.