Post a reply

WPBSA Statement (More Betting Troubles)

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 42,00.html

The WPBSA have become aware of unusual betting patterns on a match that took place during PTC3 at the South West Snooker Acadamy on Saturday 8th September 2012 between Thepchaiya Un-Nooh and Steve Davis.

This matter has been referred to Nigel Mawer, Head of the WPBSA's Integrity Unit, to make preliminary enquiries to establish what has taken place and to consider if any action is appropriate.

WPBSA Chairman Jason Ferguson said: "The WPBSA has a network of international partners to monitor such issues. We take any potential breach of the Members Betting Rules very seriously. Any player found guilty of such a breach is likely to be banned for life from snooker. Protecting the integrity of the sport of snooker is of paramount importance".

Re: WPBSA Statement (More Betting Troubles)

Postby Wildey

this was posted by snookerbacker on Sunday on his Blog http://www.snookerbacker.com/2012/09/09 ... inals-day/

A couple of hours before the match between Steve Davis and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh yesterday, a blog regular pointed to some odd shifts in the betting on this fairly uninspiring first round match. From around the 8/11 mark the Thai player was pushed out to over 11/8 with Asian bookmakers and the Nugget’s odds adjusted accordingly. Shortly after this, no doubt on the back of this information and the bets it produced, Apollobet followed and slashed the odds on the Nugget who duly won the match 4-0.

See, the thing about faith is it doesn’t require any proof, in the case of the Ontological Argument some accept that it can never be proved so just believe it anyway. I’m not sure we will ever know if the match above was played in good faith. Perhaps while expenses multiply for lower ranked players and prize money remains so low, the temptation becomes too much for some. I hope not, I’m sure that when Steve was a struggling professional the thought never crossed his mind to throw a match and that’s why he is and remains one of life’s winners. It’s called class.

Well is Thepchaya cant aford to play snooker then Ban him and Problem solved <ok>

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:this was posted by snookerbacker on Sunday on his Blog http://www.snookerbacker.com/2012/09/09 ... inals-day/

A couple of hours before the match between Steve Davis and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh yesterday, a blog regular pointed to some odd shifts in the betting on this fairly uninspiring first round match. From around the 8/11 mark the Thai player was pushed out to over 11/8 with Asian bookmakers and the Nugget’s odds adjusted accordingly. Shortly after this, no doubt on the back of this information and the bets it produced, Apollobet followed and slashed the odds on the Nugget who duly won the match 4-0.

See, the thing about faith is it doesn’t require any proof, in the case of the Ontological Argument some accept that it can never be proved so just believe it anyway. I’m not sure we will ever know if the match above was played in good faith. Perhaps while expenses multiply for lower ranked players and prize money remains so low, the temptation becomes too much for some. I hope not, I’m sure that when Steve was a struggling professional the thought never crossed his mind to throw a match and that’s why he is and remains one of life’s winners. It’s called class.

Well is Thepchaya cant aford to play snooker then Ban him and Problem solved <ok>

You're really a nasty idiot, aren't you wild?

I don't condone Uh-Nooh conduct in any way, or excuse him in any way IF he is a fraud and a parakeet, as if so he should be banned. No question.
But ban players if they can't afford playing? Is that the solution? The only fair solution should be that players who actually win matches would be paid, and paid decently enough to be able to sustain the cost of traveling and make a decent living which isn't the case currently for the low ranked players.
Many of those Asian players I'm sure have made considerable sacrifices - those very sacrifices you are so keen to talk about from your armchair - to come to play to UK, probably borrowing money. They deserve to earn enough if they win regularly, as Uh-Nooh does, as not to be put in situations where the temptation could become too much … or indeed made vulnerable to exterior pressures and blackmail.

Postby Roland

Right, back to the matter in hand (see junkyard for digression).

I don't know what all this is about, but I've heard that another Thai player in James Wattana has had death threats against his family if he didn't throw a match which is why it's wrong to jump to any conclusions about Uh-Nooh. The fact Davis won 4-0 shouldn't be a surprise anyway. I don't understand the odds shift thing which alerted SB to this and caused him to alert World Snooker. One thing I do know is that the media in general can buck right off if this is the only type of snooker related story they are prepared to write about.

Postby Witz78

i thought the Wattana death threat against his family was that he wasnt to make a 147......................................

whats Snookerbacker getting involved in alerting the authorities for though, what a clown?

If hed any sense and was a proper gambler hed be taking advantage and cashing in, as odds shifts like that stick out like a sore thumb and are almost a given as to the outcome so there was free, easy money to be had.

The Gamblers Circle would be disgusted by SBs actions. I will be discussing this with Angus Loughran when i get a chance.

Postby Wildey

WPBSA Statement

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 16,00.html

The WPBSA have conducted enquiries into the unusual betting patterns surrounding the match between Steve Davis and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh that took place at UKPTC3 on 8th September 2012, where Steve Davis won the match 4-0.

The WPBSA process of making enquiries is very thorough and has included liaising with the Gambling Commission and a number of other partners in the betting industry. The WPBSA have found that there is insufficient evidence to show that there has been any breach of the WPBSA Members Rules and will take no further action regarding this matter.

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
WPBSA Statement

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 16,00.html

The WPBSA have conducted enquiries into the unusual betting patterns surrounding the match between Steve Davis and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh that took place at UKPTC3 on 8th September 2012, where Steve Davis won the match 4-0.

The WPBSA process of making enquiries is very thorough and has included liaising with the Gambling Commission and a number of other partners in the betting industry. The WPBSA have found that there is insufficient evidence to show that there has been any breach of the WPBSA Members Rules and will take no further action regarding this matter.

Un-Nooh is INNOCENT :D :D :D :D :D :D :wave:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Insuffieicent evidence doesnt equal innocent..............

that's why what's happening to stephen lee at the moment looks very bad.