Post a reply

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby jojo

ebdon getting up to ten ranking events would be a travesty so i would like to see hawkins win his first even though looking at the bigger picture it should come with a footnote

what utter horse rubbish

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:ebdon getting up to ten ranking events would be a travesty so i would like to see hawkins win his first even though looking at the bigger picture it should come with a footnote

what utter horse rubbish

Why would it be a travesty?

Postby jojo

look at the ranking events he been winning lately the third tier ones a couple of china opens before the world championship starts now maybe this which is a joke tournament whatever anyone say

his playing style even though i like all forms of snooker would be putting the casual viewer off when at this stage hearn trying to attract more viewers and fans

his world championship win came because hendry took him too lightly saying he believed a player like ebdon couldnt touch him over four sessions as for his uk win the giants of the game were going through a bit of a lull ie ronnie quitting against hendry higgins having a poor season before winning the world championship

anyway it 8-3 so ebdon wont be taking this joke event which in the record books count as a ranking event

Postby Skullman

How is the China Open a third tier event? It's China's biggest event. And it's not like the draw opened for him for his major wins. When someone gets to nine titles, they're class. You can't keep making excuses to belittle their achievements because you don't like them. It starts looking pathetic.

Postby jojo

so the china open isnt a third tier event when all the top players got their eye on the world championship and you got players like ronnie barely turning up or trying in the far east oh ok

i never said i dislike him but i wouldnt want to see him get to ten ranking events with his playing style

Postby JIMO96

Chuffed to see Barry win, very overdue and deserved ranking event title for him.

Good victory for snooker too, as class and (belated) bottle triumphs over......gamesmanship.

Ebdon's only weapon this week, and in China last season, was in stretching the rules of fair play to their limits. The sad thing is, he doesn't have to, as it's obvious he still has class and flair.

I never had Hawkins down as someone with bottle, but he's shown it today, and hopefully he'll now push on.

Postby Skullman

It's Hearn. All the players get to play so much that they learn to manage the pressure better and have less time to dwell on mistakes.

Look at Mavis. Only last season he seemed to fall apart at venues and now he's made two semi finals and won a televised event (ok it was six reds but it was still televised). Lee started playing well again. Now for some of the young players to make their mark. When this generation starts to decline, I don't want Ding to be the only top player I like.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:It's Hearn. All the players get to play so much that they learn to manage the pressure better and have less time to dwell on mistakes.

Look at Mavis. Only last season he seemed to fall apart at venues and now he's made two semi finals and won a televised event (ok it was six reds but it was still televised). Lee started playing well again. Now for some of the young players to make their mark. When this generation starts to decline, I don't want Ding to be the only top player I like.

Hit Nail on Head there.

Even with someone like Ebdon that isnt flowing at best these days the More Matches you got Coming up the Less Pressure to have to play Well next Event is in 5 Days.

in the Bad old days you felt HAVE to play well all the time because there was MONTHS between tournament.

Players Earn More and Prize Money + More Traveling does = More in the Bank if you Play Well.

Hearn has always said he wont reward Mediocrity well players Losing in Qualifying = Mediocrity like it or not.

Postby jojo

it is rewarding mediocrity if players can pick and choose ranking events i can understand players picking and choosing to play in ptc and non ranking invitational events that fine but ranking events suppose to be prestigious

prestigious my bottom when you got the top players choosing not to enter and you got the likes of stuart bingham ricky walden mark davis barry hawkins doing well there will always be that question mark well some of the top players were missing a bit like when robertson won in bahrain a few years ago the likes of ding ronnie selby were missing and people were saying his victory was hollow and devalued

players can get more matches under their belt as much as they want but it should be compulsary for all the players to turn up to ranking events they can have more of the invitational non ranking tournaments because effectively this is what this is and that other joke a few weeks ago

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:it is rewarding mediocrity if players can pick and choose ranking events i can understand players picking and choosing to play in ptc and non ranking invitational events that fine but ranking events suppose to be prestigious

prestigious my bottom when you got the top players choosing not to enter and you got the likes of stuart bingham ricky walden mark davis barry hawkins doing well there will always be that question mark well some of the top players were missing a bit like when robertson won in bahrain a few years ago the likes of ding ronnie selby were missing and people were saying his victory was hollow and devalued

players can get more matches under their belt as much as they want but it should be compulsary for all the players to turn up to ranking events they can have more of the invitational non ranking tournaments because effectively this is what this is and that other joke a few weeks ago

but you cant force players to play in tournaments.

and in my book it takes nothing away from Hawkins win because he mauled someone Ding,Murphy and Fu couldn't.

Postby jojo

i thought before hearn took over again players had to play in all the ranking events unless they had a valid reason to pull out although i might be wrong

i dont care who hawkins beat on the way he could have played either higgins or ronnie and lost or these two may have beaten some of the players hawkins beat before he got to play them himself

i dont think it a good idea players now being able to choose which ranking events they play in because it does reward mediocrity if the best players dont turn up it lifts the likes of your binghams mark davis walden hawkins even players like lee and ebdon then in the record books it will say they got x amount of ranking titles im not saying they tainted but devalued

the way round this is to have more invitational events and reduce some of the ranking events which should be played over longer frame distance as the cream always rises to the top they say well in this case it would be the rubbish that rise to the top stinking the whole house down

ha

Postby hendry_fan

*Barry Hawkins* 9-3 Peter Ebdon

Well done Hawkins on winnin his first ever ranking tourney!!.

It,s taken him a while has,nt it but he,s finaly done it!. <ok>

Ebdon played good throughout the tourney but could,nt keep his good form in the final,his pottin success ended up bein 80%!!,now if that isn,t a plunge!,very typical of Ebdon though,i said when he got to the 1/4 s that his form can plunge from nowhere and it did,nt half plunge did it,u aint gonna win a tournament havin an 80% pot success!.

Congrats all the same Peter,runner up has earned you a decent bit of pocket money and some healthy ranking points!. :-)

Postby Dannyboy

The latest very very very provisional prize money rankings...

Ranking Player Country GRAND TOTAL
1 Ricky Walden England £79,800
2 Barry Hawkins England £51,500
3 Stuart Bingham England £44,800
4 Mark Davis England £31,600
5 Peter Ebdon England £25,700
6 Marcus Campbell Scotland £23,000
7 Stephen Lee England £20,750
8 Marco Fu Hong Kong £15,900
9 Shaun Murphy England £15,750
9 Martin Gould England £15,750
11 Mark Selby England £14,800
12 Jamie Cope England £14,000
12 Ding Junhui China £14,000
12 Jamie Burnett Scotland £14,000
15 Tom Ford England £13,500
16 Neil Robertson Australia £12,500
17 Joe Perry England £12,300
17 Ken Doherty Ireland £12,300
19 Robert Milkins England £12,280
20 Matthew Selt England £12,250
21 Dominic Dale Wales £11,000
21 Mark Williams Wales £11,000
23 Allister Carter England £10,800
23 Andrew Higginson England £10,800
23 Michael Holt England £10,800
26 Graeme Dott Scotland £10,000
27 Michael White Northern Ireland £9,780
28 Ryan Day Wales £8,800
29 Fergal O'Brien Ireland £8,780
30 Mark Allen Northern Ireland £7,500
30 Judd Trump England £7,500
30 Rod Lawler England £7,500
33 Dave Harold England £7,280
34 Rory McLeod England £7,100
34 Jack Lisowski England £7,100
36 Cao Yupeng China £6,700
37 Xiao Guodong China £6,500
37 Matthew Stevens Wales £6,500
39 Liang Wenbo China £6,300
39 Nigel Bond England £6,300
39 Alan McManus Scotland £6,300
42 Stephen Maguire Scotland £6,200
43 Mark King England £3,780
44 Jamie Jones Wales £3,580
44 Gerard Greene Northern Ireland £3,580
44 David Gilbert England £3,580
44 Barry Pinches England £3,580
48 Ben Woollaston England £3,000
49 Liu Chuang China £2,980
50 Anthony McGill Scotland £2,780
51 Chen Zhe China £2,500
52 Anthony Hamilton England £2,300
52 Peter Lines England £2,300
52 Jimmy Robertson England £2,300
52 Adiyta Mehta India £2,300
52 Passakorn Suwannawat Thailand £2,300
52 Kurt Maflin Norway £2,300
58 Li Yan China £2,100
59 Alfie Burden England £1,700
60 Zhang Anda China £1,500
60 Tian Pengfei China £1,500
60 Jimmy White England £1,500
60 Mike Dunn England £1,500
60 Steve Davis England £1,500
60 Mark Joyce England £1,500
60 Luca Brecel Belgium £1,500
60 Tony Drago Malta £1,500
60 Simon Bedford England £1,500
69 James Wattana Thailand £1,280
69 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon Thailand £1,280
69 Michael Wild England £1,280
69 Liam Highfield England £1,280
73 Cao Kaisheng China £1,000
73 Li Yuan China £1,000
73 Lin Shuai China £1,000
73 Mei Xiwen China £1,000
73 Zhao Xintong China £1,000
78 Yu Delu China £600
78 Cai Jianzhong China £600
78 Cao Xinlong China £600
78 Jin Long China £600
78 Li Yongzhi China £600
78 Lu Ning China £600
78 Lu Zhenwei China £600
78 Pan Weixing China £600
78 Rouzi Maimaiti China £600
78 Wang Linhan China £600
78 Xu Xinjian China £600
78 Zhang Yang China £600
78 Zhu Yinghui China £600
91 Ben Judge Australia £200
91 A Bulajiang China £200
91 Chen Feilong China £200
91 Chen Ruifu China £200
91 Chen Zifan China £200
91 Cui Ming China £200
91 Da Hailin China £200
91 Fung Kwok Fai Hong Kong £200
91 Guan Zhen China £200
91 Li Hang China £200
91 Lu Haotian China £200
91 Ma Bing China £200
91 Pa Ruke China £200
91 Qi Ya China £200
91 Shi Hanqing China £200
91 Tang Xu China £200
91 Wang Yuchen China £200
91 Yang Qingtian China £200
91 Zhang Dongtao China £200
91 Zhang Yi China £200
91 Zhou Yuelong China £200

Postby Roland

That's a hilarious top 10 if you think about it. Imagine if that was the real ranking list. And they say moneylists are a good idea. Pffffttt.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:That's a hilarious top 10 if you think about it. Imagine if that was the real ranking list. And they say moneylists are a good idea. Pffffttt.

Looks about right to me. Are you saying Walden, Hawkins and Bingham aren't the best three players in the world? <laugh>

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:i thought before hearn took over again players had to play in all the ranking events unless they had a valid reason to pull out although i might be wrong

i dont care who hawkins beat on the way he could have played either higgins or ronnie and lost or these two may have beaten some of the players hawkins beat before he got to play them himself

i dont think it a good idea players now being able to choose which ranking events they play in because it does reward mediocrity if the best players dont turn up it lifts the likes of your binghams mark davis walden hawkins even players like lee and ebdon then in the record books it will say they got x amount of ranking titles im not saying they tainted but devalued

the way round this is to have more invitational events and reduce some of the ranking events which should be played over longer frame distance as the cream always rises to the top they say well in this case it would be the rubbish that rise to the top stinking the whole house down

ha

id like Players to being forced to play in everything i honestly believe at the moment this Picking and Choosing rubbish is wrong TBH Snooker still in a transitional period and that transition hasn't even got half way through yet but with Money Rankings Picking and Choosing will get to a epidemic proportions and at this moment in time its Wrong.

Having said that it was great seeing the Aussies coming out to support the event and there was a Really Good Crown for the final.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That's a hilarious top 10 if you think about it. Imagine if that was the real ranking list. And they say moneylists are a good idea. Pffffttt.

no thats the one year money ranking list not all that different to the one year points list

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?te ... eason=2012

Postby jojo

after just two events both joke events you would have a ranking list like that you would expect to have the likes of mark davis ricky walden stuart bingham peter ebdon all in the top four and some other journeymen just below

what utter joke this picking and choosing rubbish and having so called ranking events in july i just hope the uk and world championship ranking points are worth ten times more

im afraid now you consistently going to have these funny rankings where journeymen rubbish occupy the top places because they turn up to every ranking event it nothing to do with money lists and ranking lists being different it all to do with players picking and choosing which ranking event they turn up for and to some extent the matches being in a short format

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:after just two events both joke events you would have a ranking list like that you would expect to have the likes of mark davis ricky walden stuart bingham peter ebdon all in the top four and some other journeymen just below

what utter joke this picking and choosing rubbish and having so called ranking events in july i just hope the uk and world championship ranking points are worth ten times more

im afraid now you consistently going to have these funny rankings where journeymen rubbish occupy the top places because they turn up to every ranking event it nothing to do with money lists and ranking lists being different it all to do with players picking and choosing which ranking event they turn up for and to some extent the matches being in a short format

they not joke events

the players missing are the jokes.

Barry Hearn was asked by Players to put on Events then he goes about Putting a calender together if Countries prefere Putting on Tournaments on Christmas Day or in May,June or July that's exactly whats going to happen Players better get used to that and take their Heads from their bucking baboons shiny behinds.

How About the Santa Trophy for Christmas Day 20,000 Ranking Points winner Takes All COME ON BARRY FFS.

Postby SnookerFan

I never understood this attitude of not wanting tournaments in July.

If you got better things in summer than watch snooker, fine. Go do that stuff. But if there are others that do want to watch those tournaments, how can you have a problem with it? A tournament's quality shouldn't be decided by looking at the calendar.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I never understood this attitude of not wanting tournaments in July.

If you got better things in summer than watch snooker, fine. Go do that stuff. But if there are others that do want to watch those tournaments, how can you have a problem with it? A tournament's quality shouldn't be decided by looking at the calendar.

Too Right.

Snooker Players seem to think they should have Months off in the Summer some Fans think they should have Months off in the Summer.

The World Championship Ends on 7th of May the Wuxi Classic starts 25th of June that's 7 Weeks ok the first APTC was before that and its understandable players missed that But FFS

Footballers only have about 7 weeks Break Before they Back to Work and this year some was playing in the European Championship during the Summer.

Christ School Kids only have 6 Week Summer Break.

it really is time to get real here.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm all for giving the players a month or two off between seasons, but the way some people go on is like the people that pick up a cue during summer are a disgrace to the sport. I don't get why the fact that there is a tournament during summer snake hissed people off so much. <doh> It just seems an overreaction.

Granted though, that's the opinion of somebody who thinks the stuff that happens in the Australian Open is infinetely more interesting than anything Murray and friends did at Wimbledon. rofl