Post a reply

Australian Goldfields Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 9th of July~Sunday 15th of July in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia

So its Peter Ebdon in his 17th Ranking Final against Barry Hawkins in his 1st.

Who is Going to win Down Under ?

DRAW

Final

Barry Hawkins v Peter Ebdon

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby AC or LT?

SnookerFan wrote:So, anybody else getting up at 5am to watch Peter Ebdon vs Barry Hawkins? rofl

It'd be a test for even the most ardent fan, wouldn't it?

Was kind of hoping Davis would be in the final but I'm glad Ebdon's there. I enjoy watching Ebdon a lot is tactical play is the best in the modern snooker and I'd rather watch a 5 hour match involving him than a O'Sullivan v Trump high breaking, repetitive borefest. So I probably will be up at 5am as long as when Eurosport say their covering it they mean their covering it as this morning when I was watching the highlights of Ebdon v Fu they said Eurosport 2 quarter of an hour Hawkins v Davis of course it wasn't it was the bloody World Series racing and MotoGP.

Postby Skullman

I'll be getting up for this, hopefully. I tried to get up for the semis today but overslept. Feeling it could be a runaway final and don't want to miss most of it by only watching the evening (Aussie time) session.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:So, anybody else getting up at 5am to watch Peter Ebdon vs Barry Hawkins? rofl

if i was single id be getting up however no chance tomorrow :evilgrin: <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:

if i was single id be getting up however no chance tomorrow :evilgrin: <laugh>

Part-timer. :grrr:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:I'll be getting up for this, hopefully. I tried to get up for the semis today but overslept. Feeling it could be a runaway final and don't want to miss most of it by only watching the evening (Aussie time) session.

I can't see Hawkins or Ebdon running away with though. Should be a very close match with Ebdon's experience and mental strength prevailing in the end.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheesyman99 wrote:I have Eurosport Player on iPad which has been showing the Australian coverage even when it's on not TV so that's fine. Commentators are class

Is Pingu commentating? That'd be worth watching.

Postby jojo

first i see of the tournament these last twenty minutes and the commentators keep going on and on non stop

the play from both players is very cagey especially from ebdon so they promoting the game in different countries this must be wonderful for the locals we suppose to be attracting them to snooker not putting them off it

it not good to have players pick and choose ranking events because it devalues the tournament when the best players will choose not to play in the smaller ranking events and youll get people like lee and ebdon adding to their ranking count almost by default when they cant live with with the big boys when it counts

what utter rubbish

Postby jojo

what did lee win the tournament where the matches were best of seven or nine something silly like that as for ebdon he won the tournament just before the crucible when all the big boys had their eyes on that and ebdon got spanked in the first round winning all of two frames when it came to the real thing

i would say reduce the number of ranking events make them longer format make it compulsary for all the qualified players to attend and you could have your invitational non ranking events where the big boys wont bother which is effectively what this is and your lees binghams waldons and ebdons can share these i prefer quality over quantity

it seriously devalues the game when players pick and choose ranking event matches