Topic locked

Australian Goldfields Open Semi Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 9th of July~Sunday 15th of July in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia

Peter Ebdon keeps on Going and starts this campaign much better than Last Season but can he add his 10th Ranking Title 3 months after winning his 9th ?

Marco Fu who won the 2007 Grand Prix and having had some disappointing times in recent years Beat the WN 8 Stephen Lee and has a Great chance to Add to that one Title hes won.

Mark Davis in only his second Ranking Semi final 2 weeks after he made his first will be looking to go a step further this week.

Barry Hawkins is the Youngest of the Semi Finalists at 33 years of Age and Will be playing his 5th semi Final can he at last reach a Final ?

DRAW

Semi Final Draw

Barry Hawkins v Mark Davis
-------------------------------------------------
Peter Ebdon v Marco Fu

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Semi Finals Discussion !!!

Postby randam05

Great to see Ebdon doing well again! Such a great character and after his win against ding you could see how much it meant to him. Murphy should have won this tournament easily, but snookers such a strange game and Id love to see Ebdon win the tournament this week. However I like Fu equally and I think it would be even better to see him win a tournament, definitely top 16 worthy and this would help his cause so ill be supporting him, always liked him!

Hawkins and Davis, well thats a little dull but I guess I want Hawkins to win just because seeing Davis do well at the moment in every tournament is a little boring and im not his biggest fan. Whatever way, I want the winner of Fu Ebdon to win the tournament and I hope they produce a good semi final.

Postby Alex0paul

Skullman wrote:I thought you were the stats and pattern man. Have there ever been qualifier v qualifier finals?

Last one I can think of was Gray v Selby in 2003 Scottish Open. Selby lost as usual.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:I thought you were the stats and pattern man. Have there ever been qualifier v qualifier finals?

The only Qualifier is Fu so the Final cant be a Qualifier vs Qualifier Final.

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:

Forgot about that <doh>. Have there ever been any qualifier v qualifier finals (out of interest)?

Postby Smart

Skullman wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Forgot about that <doh>. Have there ever been any qualifier v qualifier finals (out of interest)?

I believe in the year 2003, David Gray (ENG) vs Mark Selby (ENG) - I believe it was the Scottish Open. Hope this helps. :pal: :clap: :pal: :clap:

Postby Skullman

Smart wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

I believe in the year 2003, David Gray (ENG) vs Mark Selby (ENG) - I believe it was the Scottish Open. Hope this helps. :pal: :clap: :pal: :clap:

<ok> Thanks.

Postby Odrl

Alex0paul wrote:Just watching the highlights of Murphy v Ebdon and wondered if anyone else could hear a load of ducks quacking during the final frame?

Yeah, it sounded pretty loud on TV, but neither player seemed to care much. :-)

Postby Skullman

Odrl wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Just watching the highlights of Murphy v Ebdon and wondered if anyone else could hear a load of ducks quacking during the final frame?

Yeah, it sounded pretty loud on TV, but neither player seemed to care much. :-)

Really? In the post-match interview Murphy said something about shooting it. Of course he could've joking ;-) or snake hissed after his Ebdon experience.

Postby Andre147

So, the first semi final begins... Interesting stat in which Fu is the player with least frames lost, in fact he has lost only 3 frames so far, winning 3 straight 5-1 matches. Whereas Ebdon has the most frames lost, always going to a decider in his 3 matches.

Don't think that should be a relevant stat in this match though, as both players are used to long battles, and in Ebdon's case that's an understatment.

Postby Andre147

Fromsport streaming has been AWFUL all week :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: really really bad... guess I'll just stick to highlights on Eurosport and hopefully they'll show the 2nd semi live, although I don't think they will for most of that match...

Typical Eurosport, covers the event from Monday to Friday, only to disapoint YET AGAIN by not showing the matches live... Think they gonna show the Final live though... AT LAST... :clap:

Postby Smart

Andre147 wrote:Fromsport streaming has been AWFUL all week :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: really really bad... guess I'll just stick to highlights on Eurosport and hopefully they'll show the 2nd semi live, although I don't think they will for most of that match...

Typical Eurosport, covers the event from Monday to Friday, only to disapoint YET AGAIN by not showing the matches live... Think they gonna show the Final live though... AT LAST... :clap:

tp event <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:Ebdon won comfortably then. Can't see Hawkins or Mavis coping with his tactics.

Yes Ebdon has this thing in the bag and I already said that after he beat Murphy but my gut feeling told me even earlier after he beat Ding.

Now that he's outside the top 16, he has become a more consistent player.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Ebdon won comfortably then. Can't see Hawkins or Mavis coping with his tactics.

Yes Ebdon has this thing in the bag and I already said that after he beat Murphy but my gut feeling told me even earlier after he beat Ding.

Now that he's outside the top 16, he has become a more consistent player.

Or maybe the vegan thing actually works.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Since 2000 Peter Ebdon participated in 9 ranking finals. He only lost two of these 9 matches. This will be his 10th and he could also win this 10th ranking title and he would catch up with Jimmy White who won 10 ranking titles in his career.

Only Hendry, Davis, Ronnie, Higgins and Williams would have won more titles than Peter Ebdon.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Since 2000 Peter Ebdon participated in 9 ranking finals. He only lost two of these 9 matches. This will be his 10th and he could also win this 10th ranking title and he would catch up with Jimmy White who won 10 ranking titles in his career.

Only Hendry, Davis, Ronnie, Higgins and Williams would have won more titles than Peter Ebdon.

its Ridiculous that Ebdon playing so bucking rubbish has a chance of winning his second Ranker in 4 Events what the buck is happening in the snooker World so many players are a load of bucking garbage that lets this has-been to win tournaments and like it or not Peter Ebdon is a bucking has-been.