Post a reply

Ronnie to swap cue for dancing shoes

Postby N_Castle07

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... l?ITO=1490

The star is in advanced negotiations to appear on Strictly Come Dancing and has confirmed he is taking a break from snooker "indefinitely".

The 36-year-old said after winning his fourth Crucible title in May, that he would 'have four, five, six months off and assess the situation'.

Last night, a spokesman for the star said: 'He is considering Strictly Come Dancing. There are a lot of things being put in front of him.

'He is taking a break indefinitely from snooker and he has a lot of new projects already.' It is understood he has also been asked to take part in ITV show I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here.

But as this airs at the same time as the BBC1 show, he would not be able to do both.

The ITV show is likely to be more lucrative and will only require a one month commitment, while Strictly Come Dancing will require three to four months.

O'Sullivan has previously expressed an interest in taking part in Strictly Come Dancing. Speaking in May about his desire to take some time out from snooker, he said: 'I've had a fantastic time and it's got to come to an end sooner or later. I don't want to drag it out too long.

'Sometimes you've got to live life a little bit, maybe do a little bit of Strictly Come Dancing.'

Sportsmen have proved popular on the BBC series - cricketers Darren Gough and Mark Ramprakash have both won the programme, while rugby player Matt Dawson and athletes Colin Jackson and Denise Lewis have been runners-up. This year former England cricket team captain Michael Vaughan is also tipped to be taking part.

Other names that have been mooted for Strictly Come Dancing 2012 are, former BBC Breakfast presenter Sian Williams, TV presenter Fern Britton, and Olympic bobsleigh champion Amy Williams.

O'Sullivan is also working on the second instalment of his memoirs - More Ronnie O'Sullivan: The Autobiography will be released in October 2013.

Nicknamed The Rocket, he is regarded as one of the most talented players in the history of the game.

But he has battled drug and alcohol addictions, famously being stripped of his Irish Masters title after testing positive for Marijuana use.

He was also given a two-year suspended sentence, a £20,000 fine and advised to donate £10,000 to charity after he assaulted an official at the World Championships.O'Sullivan has also spoken publicly about his struggle to cope with depression.

Last month he hit out at the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association because of extra demands being placed on players.

In a statement released by his management company, Grove Leisure, he said: 'I have decided not to enter any tournaments for the time being, including this year's Premier League and forthcoming WPBSA ranking events.

'I have not signed the player's contract as I feel the contract is too onerous and am in a stage of my career where I don't wish to make this commitment.

'I hope to remain involved in the sport in some way in the future.'

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Re: Ronnie to swap cue for dancing shoes

Postby Casey

Smart wrote:I think Celebrity Get Me Out of Here is more likely to be his choice as it is less demanding time-wise, though it does have the travel aspect to it :|

So he will sleep in the jungle. Wait isn't this the guy with a bad back :baby:

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:I think Celebrity Get Me Out of Here is more likely to be his choice as it is less demanding time-wise, though it does have the travel aspect to it :|

Eating Kangaroo bottom Holes and cockerel might be right up his street after all hes coming across as one big bottom Hole <ok>

Postby Casey

Wild WC wrote:

Eating Kangaroo bottom Holes and cockerel might be right up his street after all hes coming across as one big bottom Hole <ok>

<laugh> <laugh>

He can mix it up with z listers from the 80's and ex big bro contestants.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

<laugh> <laugh>

He can mix it up with z listers from the 80's and ex big bro contestants.

Big Bother is his thing but that's in January he might have figured out how to write his name by then and sign the Contract.

he might come back from the jungle thinking playing snooker 24/7 12 months a year is piece of snake hiss.

Postby jojo

i cant understand this to be honest think he trying to send a message out to hearn who im sure couldnt give a flying buck

the sad thing is even today ronnie would be wiping the floor with todays players except the odd three or four who stand up to him and he wont have to play against all of them in every tournament

he is seriously missing out adding to his ranking tally meanwhile you got the likes of ebdon bingham mark davis hawkins lee and the like who fighting out to be heir to the throne

ha

Postby Wildey

well at the moment even if he signed the contract to be a player the talk is he will be in plaster for 6 to 10 weeks but Alex Higgins did play with a broken foot surely Ronnie cant turn down a challenge like that ?