Topic locked

Australian Goldfields Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 9th of July~Sunday 15th of July in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia

Quarter Finals and a few Surprising names in the Mix.

The Top half is wide open with none of those players a Ranking Event Winner with only Gould that's been in a Ranking Final (PTC Grand Final) after the Elimination of Former World Champion Australia's Own Neil Robertson.

Experience is in the Bottom Half with 19 Ranking victories Between them.

Who will Contest the Semi Finals on Saturday ?

DRAW

Quarter Final Draw

Matthew Selt v Barry Hawkins
Martin Gould v Mark Davis
-------------------------------------------------
Shaun Murphy v Peter Ebdon
Stephen Lee v Marco Fu

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Murphy won't get a better chance to win a ranker. He's capable of blasting Ebdon off the table and needs to do it. BTW who was the genius that picked Ebdon for the TV table again?

come on watching ebdon Grind is fun god it gets people Talking and Arguing.

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Murphy won't get a better chance to win a ranker. He's capable of blasting Ebdon off the table and needs to do it. BTW who was the genius that picked Ebdon for the TV table again?

Moaning more like. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I'm out most of tomorrow and would really to see the end of a match before I leave.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Moaning more like. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I'm out most of tomorrow and would really to see the end of a match before I leave.

its important to note Ebdon knows Dings game as well as anyone and he knew what his weakness is ie between the ears same tactic against murphy wont have the same effect he will have to score better i think to stop murphy beating him.

Postby Skullman

Sickpotter wrote:I find it a little odd that no one thinks Lee has a shot for this title.
:shrug:

He's been playing well of late, no reason why he can't take the title. <ok>

Lee has been abyssmal in longer matches . He only won one best of 11 match last season, against Milkins who was inexperienced in semis and then he got beaten fairly comfortably by Higginson and thrashed by Allen in best of 19s. Ebdon and Murphy don't have that problem, so have better shots imo.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:I find it a little odd that no one thinks Lee has a shot for this title.
:shrug:

He's been playing well of late, no reason why he can't take the title. <ok>

Lee has been abyssmal in longer matches . He only won one best of 11 match last season, against Milkins who was inexperienced in semis and then he got beaten fairly comfortably by Higginson and thrashed by Allen in best of 19s. Ebdon and Murphy don't have that problem, so have better shots imo.

id Still Back Lee vs Ebdon though but im making Shaun a Hot Fave to win now but seriously don't doubt Mark Davis

Anyone who can Beat Ding in Wuxi and Robbo in Australia convincingly must be brim full of confidence

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:is anyone getting up at 4am for LIVE Smug vs Ebbo :|

Smurph Might get up at 4.30am. 1.30pm local time

No point getting up until Ebdon has Broke off <laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

So the last 8 are ,.....

Stephen Lee v Marco Fu

Intresting match,Ebdons form often comes out of nowhere these days,just when you think he,s gone off the boil and he,s been knocked down he suddenly comes back and produces good snooker,he aint called "The Ebdonater" for nothin. :-D

Stephen Lee v Marco Fu

Lees been havin a very good run lately,another player who looked to be going downhill,but has manged to comeback and is gettin some good results.

Hawkins is a good player but he often blows his chances and misses silly pots at crucial times in matches,can he cut them out this time and go even further in this tourney.

Gould form has dipped lately,Davis has hit the form of his life lately and at present.i,d like Davis to win the encounter.

Come on Ebdon
Come on Davis :-)

Oh and by the way,can anyone tell me,....just when i tuned in to watch some snooker today,a commentator said something on the lines bout a player who seemingly tweeted some remarks about another player who,s average shot time was 38 secs,i did,nt hear the names of the 2 players who were involved,does anyone hasve any info on this twitter bash?!. :stir: ;-) :-D

Postby jojo

even as a diehard snooker fan they shouldnt have ranking events in june and july time i notice two of the best players in the world higgins and ronnie are missing and stephen lee is doing well which must mean it a third rate tournament

they should stick all the power snooker shoot out shot clock events during this time as nobody will be watching so they get the viewers they deserve ie next to nothing

bucking idiots

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:What a crap quarter final line-up. Did a lot of people do a Ronnie and not bother to enter?

I'm pretty sure I've seen worse.

I'd have preferred Ding to get through rather than Ebdon. But his match with Murphy is, at least, hard to call.

Stephen Lee v Marco Fu could be good.

It's nice to see Gould have a decent run. And despite Mark Davis not being the most exciting/charismatic player, he has at least been on good form.

Selt vs Hawkins could well be a dud. But, again, nice to see a player like Selt have a decent run in the tournament.

For an early in the season ranking tournament, that half the big players didn't attend, a QF line-up like that was always going to be expected.

Postby hendry_fan

Shaun Murphy 4 *Peter Ebdon* 5

Another 5-4 win from Ebdon!!.

Round 1 *Peter Ebdon* 5 Michael Holt 4
Round 2 *Peter Ebdon* 5 Ding Junhui 4

And now he "ebdonates" Murphy!.

Great stuff from "The Ebdonator Peter Eb don ". :clap:

I just managed to see the deciding frame which was littered with mistakes from both players,it has to be said,Murphy had more than enough chances,so he can,t complain!.