Topic locked

Australian Goldfields Open Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 9th of July~Sunday 15th of July in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia

The Last 16 Starts Today with Murphy v Ford and Lee v Cope but there was a Few surprises in the last 32 with Defending Champion Bingham, Wuxi Classic Champion Ricky Walden and World No 1 Mark Selby going out.

But Australia's Neil Robertson still There and China has 2 Representatives in Ding Junhui and Cao Yupeng.

Who will Make the Quarter Finals ?

DRAW

Last 16 Draw

Matthew Selt v Ryan Day
Barry Hawkins v Matthew Stevens
Martin Gould v Cao Yupeng
Mark Davis v Neil Robertson
-------------------------------------------------
Shaun Murphy v Tom Ford
Peter Ebdon v Ding Junhui
Stephen Lee v Jamie Cope
Marco Fu v Jamie Burnett

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby kenneth79

Alex0paul wrote:Tom Ford was his usual terrible self on a TV table. Absolute joke some of the shots he misses.

Agreed. Hes one of those who freezes up the most in front of the cameras. Theres no way hell ever reach the top 16 if he cant find a way to cope with this.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 12th of July

4am

Marco Fu v Jamie Burnett
Barry Hawkins v Matthew StevensTV Match

Followed By

Matthew Selt v Ryan Day
Peter Ebdon v Ding Junhui TV Match

Not Before 10.30am

Martin Gould v Cao Yupeng
Mark Davis v Neil RobertsonTV Match

Postby randam05

kenneth79 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Tom Ford was his usual terrible self on a TV table. Absolute joke some of the shots he misses.

Agreed. Hes one of those who freezes up the most in front of the cameras. Theres no way hell ever reach the top 16 if he cant find a way to cope with this.

No its weird isnt it, he was the same in Wuxi earlier this season. I keep thinking he will sort it out but he doesnt. Nevermind I wanted Murphy to win anyway, this could be Murphys week, however he will lose in a decider to Ding I feel.

Postby kenneth79

randam05 wrote:
kenneth79 wrote:

No its weird isnt it, he was the same in Wuxi earlier this season. I keep thinking he will sort it out but he doesnt. Nevermind I wanted Murphy to win anyway, this could be Murphys week, however he will lose in a decider to Ding I feel.

I hope Robbo wins this for the fans and the future of this tournament but wouldnt mind seeing Murphy taking it either.

Postby Wildey

No doubt about it Selby needs to up his game there's been some discussion about Murphy the underachiever but what about Selby.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:No idea what happened with Selby. He must be the most inconsistent consistent player ever.

He's still the most consistent player out there (by some distance) ...

But you should worry about Selby not taking this chances to win tournaments

He consistently wins. He doesn't consistently play well. I wouldn't mind him losing to Murphy or Ding, that's understandable. But losing to Burnett. Maybe this is just a one off, and we're just overreacting.

Postby Wildey

Stephen Hendry when he got Back to World No 1 in 2006 after 8 years without winning anything said "Its all very well being Consistent but i want to be a Consistent WINNER"

i think that's where selby is at now hes Done the Consistent thing got to World No 1 played everything been the model pro unlike some pansies out there But Now he really needs to put Silver in the Cabinet.

Postby Sickpotter

Selby's problem.......that stupid freakin glove <doh>

The glove only appeared on the cue sports scene with the advent of graphite cues (because they suck and get ridiculously sticky) but there's really no call for it.

He must miss Michael Jackson or something ;-)

Postby Skullman

I don't think he had the glove in this tourney. By all accounts, the conditions have been fantastic, so there's no need for it. Plus it got him and MJW to the final in Shanghai last year.

Unless you were joking ;-)

Postby Skullman

Sickpotter wrote:http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/cao-upsets-carter-goldfields-first-round-100355224.html

He was wearing it.

IMO there's never a need to wear it if you're using a wood cue. To my knowledge he's the only pro using it, anyone aware of anyone else?

The pic is from an old match. I watched the match today and he wasnt' wearing it. I think MJW and Marcus Campbell also wore gloves to Wuxi, with MJW also wearing one in several chinese tourneys last season. Not much of a player, so I'll take your word for it about it changing much. Still it got Selby and MJW to final in Shaghai and Campbell to his first semi, so it's not hindering them.

Postby Sickpotter

Perhaps high humidity in China prompted them to try it out. :chin:

I'm sure it works but it just looks so gay and isn't really needed.

Personally I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one in the club never mind being televised wearing it :gag:

Postby Andre147

Glad Selby is out :-D :-D :-D yeah he just can't be consistent when playing well in every match, nevertheless he remains at number 1 by some considerable distance, but should really have won more tournaments by now...

No more neck excuses this time around pmsl :telloff: :chuckle: just awful play from him.. I hope Murphy or Robbo win this title now.. A final between them or Robbo v Ding would be great..