Post a reply

What has been your opinion of the Six-Reds tournament?

Loved it
12%
Take it or leave it
59%
Hated it
No votes
No idea, I didn't watch any
29%

Total votes : 17

Re: What has been your opinion of the Six-Reds tournament?

Postby Wildey

Take it or Leave it

Fun event Mixed up the season but it means nothing at the end of the Day but having said all that a Good Payday for Having fun for the Winner £40,000

Postby Skullman

Easily the best offshoot of snooker. It's better than Power Snooker, but then I've had bouts of food poisoning better than that. Beats the abyssmal World Cup and Premier League. The only problem is how easy it is to make total clearances. Selby, Trump and Murphy were making them for fun yesterday. The reds are almost all split after the break off, and if you cannon the last red stuck to the pink,you win the frame.

With all these sped up varieties, I think we need to mix it up with some longer format gimmicks. 21 reds anyone?

Postby Smart

Skullman wrote:Easily the best offshoot of snooker. It's better than Power Snooker, but then I've had bouts of food poisoning better than that. Beats the abyssmal World Cup and Premier League. The only problem is how easy it is to make total clearances. Selby, Trump and Murphy were making them for fun yesterday. The reds are almost all split after the break off, and if you cannon the last red stuck to the pink,you win the frame.

With all these sped up varieties, I think we need to mix it up with some longer format gimmicks. 21 reds anyone?

how about 40 reds.......with 5 on each rail from the break off and 30 in the triangle. I think it could catch on. :pal:

Postby Skullman

Smart wrote:
Skullman wrote:Easily the best offshoot of snooker. It's better than Power Snooker, but then I've had bouts of food poisoning better than that. Beats the abyssmal World Cup and Premier League. The only problem is how easy it is to make total clearances. Selby, Trump and Murphy were making them for fun yesterday. The reds are almost all split after the break off, and if you cannon the last red stuck to the pink,you win the frame.

how about 40 reds.......with 5 on each rail from the break off and 30 in the triangle. I think it could catch on. :pal:

30's not a triangle number.

Postby Smart

Skullman wrote:
Smart wrote:

30's not a triangle number.

are you sure, can you go down you local snooker club, right now, and confirm this statement that you just made..............I will stay logged in and be waiting for your response. Be quick please, hurry. :wave: <ok>

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:Can't really give an answer as I'm somewhere between 'loved it' and 'take it or leave it' ... enjoyed what I saw of it, rather fun but not to be taken too seriously I guess, and i think it enriches snooker having this sort of variation from time to time.

i think variations is Great and as you say enriches it but then you have people thinking hmmmmmm no rolling in behind the balk colours wouldn't that be better in the Real Game..

why cant people just enjoy it for what it is without thinking Lets change Snookers Rules.