Topic locked

Australian Goldfields Open W Card and Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 9th of July~Sunday 15th of July in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia

Despite Loosing to Ricky Walden in the Final of the Wuxi Classic Stuart Bingham is the man of the season having Won a APTC and Runner up is Wuxi plus on Top of that making his Second 147 in competition during The Wuxi Classic Final.

So as the Defense of the Australian Open is underway Stuart cant be better placed to make it a Double Down under.

He Starts his defense against Matthew Selt on Tuesday 10th of July with Wuxi Classic Champion Ricky Walden starting on Monday 9th of July against Jamie Cope.

also in the event is World No 1 Mark Selby,Former World Champion Shaun Murphy and of Course Australia's Own Neil Robertson.

DRAW

Wild Card Round

Cao Yupeng v Johl Younger
-------------------------------------------------
Alan Mcmanus v James Mifsud

Last 32

Stuart Bingham v Matthew Selt
Andrew Higginson v Ryan Day
Barry Hawkins v Xiao Guodong
Matthew Stevens v Liang Wenbo
Martin Gould v Ken Doherty
Allister Carter v Cao Yupeng/Johl Younger
Mark Davis v Jack Lisowski
Neil Robertson v Nigel Bond
-------------------------------------------------
Shaun Murphy v Marcus Campbell
Dominic Dale v Tom Ford
Peter Ebdon v Michael Holt
Ding Junhui v Alan Mcmanus/James Mifsud
Stephen Lee v Rory McLeod
Ricky Walden v Jamie Cope
Joe Perry v Marco Fu
Mark Selby v Jamie Burnett

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Australian Goldfields Open W Card and Last 32 Discussion

Postby Wildey

This Week in Bangkok its been a Bit of Fun with Cash to be won But on Monday its Back to Buisness of Ranking Events and with 7 Top 16 players Missing for Different reasons it gives opertunity for others.

Ricky Walden is on a crest of a wave as is Mark Davis and Stuart Bingham so can one of these Players Build on a Good season and take home the Australian Open Title ?

Monday 9th of July

1am

Alan Mcmanus v James Mifsud

Not Before 4am

Matthew Stevens v Liang Wenbo
Dominic Dale v Tom Ford

Followed By

Stephen Lee v Rory McLeod

Not Before 10.30am

Postby Wildey

Monday 9th of July

1am

Alan Mcmanus v James Mifsud Tv Match

Not Before 4am

Matthew Stevens v Liang WenboTv Match
Dominic Dale v Tom Ford

Followed By

Stephen Lee v Rory McLeodTv Match

Not Before 10.30am

Neil Robertson v Nigel BondTv Match

Postby sigsky

I might be the only one in the world watching this right now but it's only 8 pm here. Off to a bad start as they had the wrong names listed and then switched to panorama view of the the whole venue. Good because you can see both tables, bad because the balls are too small to see. And now it's gone off the air and says live event will be starting shortly.

Did it occur to anyone that they might want to try a test run before the event started? Oh well it's only wild card matches.

Postby Andre147

sigsky wrote:I might be the only one in the world watching this right now but it's only 8 pm here. Off to a bad start as they had the wrong names listed and then switched to panorama view of the the whole venue. Good because you can see both tables, bad because the balls are too small to see. And now it's gone off the air and says live event will be starting shortly.

Did it occur to anyone that they might want to try a test run before the event started? Oh well it's only wild card matches.

I'm watching it too, although I might go to bed soon as here the time is the same as it is in the UK. Yeah, it says "live event will be starting shortly"... that often occurs with this live worldsnooker.tv coverage... hope it gets fixed soon

Postby beergitte

sigsky wrote:I might be the only one in the world watching this right now but it's only 8 pm here. Off to a bad start as they had the wrong names listed and then switched to panorama view of the the whole venue. Good because you can see both tables, bad because the balls are too small to see. And now it's gone off the air and says live event will be starting shortly.

I think that was the test run. On the eurosport player the stream doesn't start till 3.45 bst and they get their feed from liveworldsnooker.tv

Postby sigsky

Well, I am a liveworldsnooker.tv subscriber and we were supposed to get the wildcard match. True they are scheduled to show Stevens / Wenbo at 1 pm Melbourne time. Hope they will have things sorted out by then.

Postby Wildey

Monday 9th of July

1am

Cao Yupeng 5-2 Johl Younger
Alan Mcmanus 5-0 James Mifsud

Not Before 4am

Matthew Stevens 5-3 Liang Wenbo
Dominic Dale 2-5 Tom Ford

Followed By

Stephen Lee 5-4 Rory McLeod
Andrew Higginson 4-5 Ryan Day

Not Before 10.30am

Ricky Walden 1-1 Jamie Cope

Postby John From London Town

I'd watch near enough most Snooker players at work but when it comes to watching Rory McLeod, I find it seriously difficult. He makes the most simplest of shots look difficult.
He must of had some some issues with his right elbow in days gone by the way he sticks it under his cue while getting down to play a shot.
He's too much like hard work for me.

Postby Wildey

after Winning in Wuxi and semi finalist in Thailand 6 red Ricky Walden is heading Back Home after losing 5-4 to Jamie Cope.

Neil Robertson 4-1 Nigel Bond
Ricky Walden 4-5 Jamie Cope