Post a reply

ON Q Promotions New Signings !

Postby Wildey

On Q Promotions have signed China’s Tian Pengfei, Xiao Guodong, Liu Chuang and Cao Yupeng to join their stable of managed snooker players.

MORE HERE

Re: ON Q Promotions New Signings !

Postby Cannonball

Interesting stuff. More pro players and higher ranked pro players will give Mount more power and leverage, just as WS pee him off over the PTCs! If one of his players becomes world champion, it will be WS calling Mount for favours. I'd love to hear the reply.

Postby Witz78

getting out of hand this On-Q brigade, Pink Army posse, Mounts minions, SWSA crew, whatever you wanna call them

they must have half the tour signed up

far too much clout and political power now

thought the idea of the Academy was to develop young talent anyway, not provide practice facilties for established pros...

Postby Cannonball

Yeah, but WS have taken Mount's PTCs away, so they gotta use the facilities in as many interesting ways, to pay the bills. Obviously, they can generate mgt fees from more players who will use their tables. More pros will attract more punters to the centre and the amateur and pro-am comps. It's a question of mass and gravity. This reminds me of how Doyle came to have a big say in snooker via Cuemasters. I'd say it would be good if Mount ends up having a lot of influence; someone needs to real Hearn in, he has far too much power. I don't believe Mount is in snooker to make money; I believe he's doing SWSA and On Q primarily because he loves the game. These pro players just signed are quite young, and perhaps Paul is looking to the near future, when some of his stars will be on the senior tour, or retired.

China is the future and Paul is betting on getting a piece of the action. If one of these Chinese players was to win the WSC PM would make millions out of it. A star amongst a billion people is a very high earning star in a very large market indeed.
Last edited by Cannonball on 01 Mar 2013, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Witz78

the players signed away the sport to Hearn and hes produced the goods so let him get on with it.

Hes a juggernaut train heading for the destination we all want to go, so the last thing he needs is to be derailed by Mount. Successful business man Mount may be but its men against boys if he thinks he can take on Hearn in sports promoting etc.

Anyway with the game going global, why do young Chinese talents want to be tied to bloody Gloucester of all places when theres gonna be no need for them to be based in the UK !!! Im sure China with all its money has far better facilties anyway.

Postby Cannonball

This isn't strictly true, remember that a lot of the tour is in Europe. They will have bases in China no doubt, they need a firm base in Europe and the facilities at SWSA are fantastic. ANd Gloucester is much better placed than Sheffield.

As for Hearn, Hearn thought he owned snooker in the 1980s until Ian Doyle came along to teach him a lesson. I don't agree that everything WS have done is good for the game. I'm happy there are more tournaments and happy there is greater income, and happy that everyone will have to qualify next year. But much of the approach has peed people off.

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:the players signed away the sport to Hearn and hes produced the goods so let him get on with it.

Hes a juggernaut train heading for the destination we all want to go, so the last thing he needs is to be derailed by Mount. Successful business man Mount may be but its men against boys if he thinks he can take on Hearn in sports promoting etc.

Anyway with the game going global, why do young Chinese talents want to be tied to bloody Gloucester of all places when theres gonna be no need for them to be based in the UK !!! Im sure China with all its money has far better facilties anyway.

Can't buy good practise partners and most of the tour is still British. Plus I doubt there's a Chiense version of Terry Griffiths to act as a coach.

Postby Cannonball

haha Terry Griffiths. £175 an hour to say slow down, don't hit it so hard, there's lovely.

Postby Witz78

my claim to fame is Griffiths watched me clear the colours at the cuezone at the UK in 13 seconds then said "we need to get him signed up" haha

Postby Cannonball

Witz78 wrote:my claim to fame is Griffiths watched me clear the colours at the cuezone at the UK in 13 seconds then said "we need to get him signed up" haha

Going ten times faster than the man himself would definitely have impressed him..... But £175 an hour, goodness. I could get lessons off a former professional who was an excellent player for £12 an hour. Terry's a super bloke though, no doubt, a real gent and I love his commentary and Welsh wit. And no doubt, SWSA will also be getting a slice of that bigger pie now they're flocking to see Terry.

Postby Skullman

Trumpster wrote:haha Terry Griffiths. £175 an hour to say slow down, don't hit it so hard, there's lovely.

rofl He'd probably be more of a help with the mental and safety side. I think most young Chinese players know how to pot.

Postby Cannonball

Not forgetting 'why did you do that, I don't know'. Steve Peters would be a better use of £175/hr.

Postby Cannonball

Don't give Jimmy any ideas now!