Post a reply

Fantasy Snooker

Postby randam05

Anyone entering this? Looks very fun. All you have to do is sign up and pick your players for each tournament. Very good design, format, website and also cash prizes!

I have made some of my selections for APTC1 and Wuxi Classic.

JOIN IN!

http://www.fantasysnooker.com/

Re: Fantasy Snooker

Postby Cheesyman99

Yeah looks pretty good. Got Michael White and Ding for the first APTC . Nice looking website too

Postby SnookerFan

Just entered. Made two pretty bold picks for the Asian PTC 1.

Working under the (probably wrong) theory that a lot of the top-16ers won't be too fussed about playing in a PTC this early in the season, and cost a lot of money anyway I've gone for Michael Holt and Marco Fu.

Not that Marco Fu has been much great shakes lately, but he's Asian. So that's my thinking. Also Michael Holt seems to put in decent performances in the PTCs. I've not looked at the draw, so may have made a dumb decision draw-wise, but it's only a bit of fun.

I'll try and have a player or two going for each tournament to once again demonstrate my shocking ineptitude when it comes to predicting things. <ok>

Postby randam05

Good stuff, tis pretty fun!

Who you gonna pick for Wuxi?

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Good stuff, tis pretty fun!

Who you gonna pick for Wuxi?

Maybe Ding, in a he's playing at home sort of a way. But I'll work that out properly before the tournament.

Postby SteveJJ

I've gone for Ricky Walden and Yu Delu. Thought I might as well spend the money on someone so went for a home interest. It'd be interesting to actually know who's entering considering it starts next Monday!

Postby Roland

How many people have entered? This is one of those ideas I thought about when setting up SI but the interest in prediction contests here made me think there isn't money to be made in running prize money snooker prediction contests, so I'm interested to see how popular it is and how much it costs to enter. Is it one top prize of £500 for the whole season?

Postby Fantasy Snooker

Hi guys, I am one of the people (3 of us in total) behind Fantasy Snooker. From a financial point of view your right - it doesn't add up. However, we are Snooker fans and like to dip our toes into projects such as this and see where it takes us. Creating a good game that Snooker fans want to play is our main concern so it's good to hear that some of you are enjoying picking your initial players for the season.

The actual prize money is £800 in total. £500 for the winner, £200 for second place and £100 for third.

If you have any other questions just let me know!

Stefan

Postby randam05

Fantasy Snooker wrote:Hi guys, I am one of the people (3 of us in total) behind Fantasy Snooker. From a financial point of view your right - it doesn't add up. However, we are Snooker fans and like to dip our toes into projects such as this and see where it takes us. Creating a good game that Snooker fans want to play is our main concern so it's good to hear that some of you are enjoying picking your initial players for the season.

The actual prize money is £800 in total. £500 for the winner, £200 for second place and £100 for third.

If you have any other questions just let me know!

Stefan

Hey, great idea love the concept!

Really enjoying this, just cant pick who I want for APTC1!

Postby SnookerFan

I dropped Michael Holt for this tournament. It was a hard-thought out tactical substitution. It was difficult one, but I thought it best as Michael Holt isn't actually playing in it.

As I picked Marco Fu, purely because he's Asian before, I picked Liu Chuang on a similar strategy.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Are people still doing this? I have purchased Ding for the Wuxi Classic.

<doh>

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Cheesyman99 wrote:Bingham is putting me through it!

Nice. I bet not a lot of people picked him.

I took a risk, in that I thought Ding might do well in his home event, and used all my money buying him.

Risk didn't pay off. I'll adopt a different strategy for Australia. I might need some Bingham action in that.

Postby Cheesyman99

Well, my picks Cao and Davis are through, though Cao did his best to blow me potential bonus points for not caring about the century and getting 99 as well as failing to finish off Carter earlier.

Taking this proper seriously now I'm winning