Post a reply

Guotai Liqueur Asian PTC Event 1 Discussion !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

18th-22nd of June Zhangjiagang, China

After 2 years in Europe and the UK The PTC Series has made the move to china to help develop Grass Roots Snooker in Asia.

With only 27 Professional players taking part and only 17 outside of Asia it Gives a great Opportunity to a home grown winner or even a Amateur Winner.

Mark Williams Heading the field this Week along with Stephen Maguire and China's own Ding Junhui.

Who will go in to The Wuxi Classic already a Winner ?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Asian PTC Event 1 Discussion !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 18th of June

3am

Zhang Dongtao w/o Li Yinxi

Not before 6am

Zhou Yuelong 4-1 Zheng Peng
Chen Zifan 4-2 Luo Guangsheng
Lu Ning 4-3 Chen Bo
Zhang Yang 4-1 Mu Gang
Lian Tenghao 0-4 Zhu Yinghui

Re: Asian PTC Event 1 Discussion !!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:Monday 18th of June

3am

Not before 6am

Lu Ning 4-3 Chen Bo
Zhang Yang 4-1 Mu Gang

Zhang Yang beat Mu Gang. rofl

Got to love oriental names haven't you?

Re: Guotai Liqueur Asian PTC Event 1 Discussion !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 18th of June

3am

Not before 6am

Lu Ning 4-3 Chen Bo
Zhang Yang 4-1 Mu Gang

Not before 9am

Sun Chang 2-4 Yang Qingtian
Lin Shuai 4-0 Yin Lun Cheng
Chan Ka Kin 0-4 A Bulajiang
Shi Hanquing 4-1 Zhang Yadong
Fang Yuanjun 1-4 Zhao Xintong
Zhang Yong 1-4 Feng Yuanjun

Not before 12pm

Zhang Yi 4-2 Ou Zhiwei
Xu Xinjian 4-2 Ma Tingpeng
Lu Haotian 4-1 Qiu Yalong
Wang Yuchen w/o Hwang Chulho
Lei Zhen 1-4 Cao Kaisheng
Zhang Dongtao 2-4 Ding Junhui

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 19th of June

6am

Cai Jianzhong v Tang Xu
Lu Ning v Matthew Selt
Marcus Campbell v Zhang Yang
Li Yuan v Ben Judge
Zhang Anda v Chen Ruifu
Guan Zhen v Chen Zhe
Cao Yupeng v Wang Linhan
Lu Haotian v Tom Ford

Not before 9am

Qi Ya v Jin Long
Li Yan v Cui Ming
Lin Shuai v Mark King
Ruzi Maimaiti v Da Hailin
Lin Yongzhi v Chen Feilong
Yu Delu v Pa Ruke
Pan Weixing v Liu Chuang

Not before 12pm

Mark Williams v Zhou Yuelong
Stuart Bingham v Yang Qingtian
Zhao Xintong v Xiao Guodong
Marco Fu v Fung Kwok Wai
Ma Bing v Tian Pengfei
Peter Ebdon v Xu Xinjian
Li Hang v Cao Xinlong
Cao Kaisheng v Stephen Maguire

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Not much interest to be honest. Can't see any of it as I'll be in school and the day's play finishes before I get back. Must be the same for most.

Ohhhhh im interested alright even though cant see jack rubbish.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Not much interest to be honest. Can't see any of it as I'll be in school and the day's play finishes before I get back. Must be the same for most.

PC Rathband shoulda took advice from you :gag:

Postby randam05

Wild WC wrote:

Still no streaming? :roll:

Postby Wildey

Cai Jianzhong 4-0 Tang Xu
Lu Ning 4-2 Matthew Selt
Marcus Campbell 2-4 Zhang Yang
Li Yuan 4-1 Ben Judge
Zhang Anda 4-1 Chen Ruifu
Guan Zhen 1-4 Chen Zhe
Cao Yupeng 2-4 Wang Linhan
Lu Haotian 3-4 Tom Ford

Postby randam05

Cant believe the seeds dropping like flies, mark king and marcus campbell especially.. bit suprised there. Also, this Ben Judge is a waste of tour space really I think. Not being nasty but hes only won 2 or 3 frames. Must be demoralising for him to travel all the way to china to lose one match 4-1 against an unknown to travel all the way home again.

Postby Wildey

Not before 9am

Qi Ya 0-4 Jin Long
Li Yan 4-0
Cui Ming
Lin Shuai 4-3 Mark King
Ruzi Maimaiti 4-2 Da Hailin
Lin Yongzhi 4-2 Chen Feilong
Yu Delu 4-2 Pa Ruke
Pan Weixing 4-3 Liu Chuang

Not before 12pm

Mark Williams 4-1 Zhou Yuelong
Stuart Bingham v Yang Qingtian
Zhao Xintong 4-0 Xiao Guodong
Ma Bing v Tian Pengfei
Peter Ebdon v Xu Xinjian
Li Hang v Cao Xinlong
Cao Kaisheng 4-0 Stephen Maguire

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Cant believe the seeds dropping like flies, mark king and marcus campbell especially.. bit suprised there. Also, this Ben Judge is a waste of tour space really I think. Not being nasty but hes only won 2 or 3 frames. Must be demoralising for him to travel all the way to china to lose one match 4-1 against an unknown to travel all the way home again.

yes absolutely no point giving tour spaces for the sake of it should have gives a nomination based on best finish Aussie player in Q School if need be and im million %%% certain Ben Judge wouldn't be at the races.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 19th of June

6am

Cai Jianzhong 4-0 Tang Xu
Lu Ning 4-2 Matthew Selt
Marcus Campbell 2-4 Zhang Yang
Li Yuan 4-1 Ben Judge
Zhang Anda 4-1 Chen Ruifu
Guan Zhen 1-4 Chen Zhe
Cao Yupeng 2-4 Wang Linhan
Lu Haotian 3-4 Tom Ford

Not before 9am

Qi Ya 0-4 Jin Long
Li Yan 4-0
Cui Ming
Lin Shuai 4-3 Mark King
Ruzi Maimaiti 4-2 Da Hailin
Lin Yongzhi 4-2 Chen Feilong
Yu Delu 4-2 Pa Ruke
Pan Weixing 4-3 Liu Chuang

Not before 12pm

Mark Williams 4-1 Zhou Yuelong
Stuart Bingham 4-3 Yang Qingtian
Zhao Xintong 4-0 Xiao Guodong
Ma Bing 3-4 Tian Pengfei
Peter Ebdon 3-4 Xu Xinjian
Li Hang 1-4 Cao Xinlong
Cao Kaisheng 4-0 Stephen Maguire

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 20th of June

6am

Marco Fu v Fung Kwok Wai
Michael White v Chen Zifan
Zhu Yinghui v Dominic Dale
Robert Milkins v A Bulajiang
Lu Zhenwei v Alfie Burden
Stephen Lee v Shi Hanquing
Michael Wasley scr Mei Xiwen w/o
Zhang Yi v Mark Davis
Ben Woollaston v Wang Yuchen

Not before 9am

Mark Williams v Cai Jianzhong
Zhang Yang v Li Yuan
Stuart Bingham v Jin Long
Li Yan v Lin Shuai
Yu Delu v Zhao Xintong
Marco Fu/Fung Kwok Wai v Tian Pengfei
Xu Xinjian v Chen Zhe
Cao Xinlong v Cao Kaisheng

Not before 12pm

Michael White/Chen Zifan v Lu Ning
Zhang Anda v Zhu Yinghui/Dominic Dale
Robert Milkins/A Bulajiang v Lu Zhenwei/Alfie Burden
Ruzi Maimaiti v Ding Junhui
Stephen Lee/Shi Hanquing v Lin Yongzhi
Mei Xiwen v Zhang Yi/Mark Davis
Wang Linhan v Lu Haotian /Tom Ford
Ben Woollaston/Wang Yuchen v Pan Weixing

Postby JIMO96

Journeymen (and top pros) dropping like flies against unknowns......fantastic.

This is what happens when:

(a) everyone starts in the same round, and

(b) you don't just have a jaunt up the motorway to qualify

Yet in the UK, when all the Chinese players fall by the wayside for the Wuxi/China/Shanghai/International & World Open qualifiers (in SHEFFIELD), they're dismissed as "not good enough", or "if they can't beat the journeymen, they'll never make it".

'Mon the Chinese!

Postby Monique

Jim most if not all the Chinese players who compete on the Main Tour are based in UK, so, just as everyone else they just have to get on the motorway when playing there. And that's not to belittle them. Most are still very young and many are on the rise. They just need time.
However here, most players are Chinese and either live there or have arrived early. While the other pros had to wait for their invitation letter to get their visa granted and had to dash and get everything sorted over a couple of days. No wonder they are not exactly fresh to compete under the circumstances.

Postby Wildey

JIMO96 wrote:Journeymen (and top pros) dropping like flies against unknowns......fantastic.

This is what happens when:

(a) everyone starts in the same round, and

(b) you don't just have a jaunt up the motorway to qualify

Yet in the UK, when all the Chinese players fall by the wayside for the Wuxi/China/Shanghai/International & World Open qualifiers (in SHEFFIELD), they're dismissed as "not good enough", or "if they can't beat the journeymen, they'll never make it".

'Mon the Chinese!

so what your saying is if it was tiered when maguire meets Cao Kaisheng maguire would have won ??

same match no matter what system

the flat system has nothing to do with it just amataurs are more up to the challange with talent to match.

Postby Monique

As for the "no live scoring" issue, I would have been surprised if they had one. The live scoring system is not that simple to operate. True, it is as long as everything goes smooth. But if there is, say a free ball situation or if a mistake is made, it can become tricky. On the first season of the EPTC, Jan Verhaas had to train the local refs and I remember matches being stopped for sometimes 15 minutes because there had been a problem. I also remember the live scoring being abandoned in some events because there were too many incidents.
Not to mention that I'm not sure there is a ref per table at the early stage of the tournament. There often weren't enough referees at early stages in EPTCs. You can't ask the players to operate that system.
When Ivy Zhu left Sheffield last May after the Crucible, she told me that she was to work in China mainly from then on, as the main referee, and one of her tasks was to train the local refs to bring them to the adequate level for WSA events. Give her some time. That can't be done in a couple of months. Not to mention that the language barrier doesn't make it any easier when UK/european players have to interact with the local refs.

Postby JIMO96

Thanks for the geography lesson Mon, I think you kind of missed the point. What I meant was that it's a change for the Mark Kings & Marcus Campbells & Peter Ebdons to play a Chinese player who hasn't had to trudge through 3 attritional battles of a turgid nature to get a game against them, having travelled 10,000 miles for the privilege.

Wild, YES I DO think Maguire would have won under the conditions you describe, because they're biased. Would Cao Kaisheng have been so "up to the challenge" if he'd been kept up till midnight last night by the safety and negativity of, say, Rod Lawler? For the third time this week?

Postby Wildey

JIMO96 wrote:Thanks for the geography lesson Mon, I think you kind of missed the point. What I meant was that it's a change for the Mark Kings & Marcus Campbells & Peter Ebdons to play a Chinese player who hasn't had to trudge through 3 attritional battles of a turgid nature to get a game against them, having travelled 10,000 miles for the privilege.

Wild, YES I DO think Maguire would have won under the conditions you describe, because they're biased. Would Cao Kaisheng have been so "up to the challenge" if he'd been kept up till midnight last night by the safety and negativity of, say, Rod Lawler? For the third time this week?

explain how Player A would beat player B if structure is different ?

match starts 22 balls,2 cues,green cloth,2 players....thats the same structure on the table every event surely players don't look at that differently depending on round structure :?

Postby Monique

And I think that YOU missed the point because the Chinese players they play in UK have NOT trudged 10000 miles to get to the tournament, they live in UK for most of the season. And if the letters of invitation had been sent in due time the players would have arrived a couples of days earlier , as they usually do, and got the opportunity to get used to the time difference to an extend.
I'm not at all a fan of the tiered system and have said so often enough. It is biased. But that not the main issue here. BTW in the UK and European PTCs the draw is flat as well. It has not stopped the top players to win most of them last season. ROS, Trump and Robbo won 2 each, Selby and Maguire won one as well. That's 8 out of 12 going to a top 16 player.

Postby JIMO96

Wild, are you so easily confused? Stupid? Or just ignorant? You don't see any difference in these 2 scenarios:

Scenario (A) Top 32 player v. Cao Kaisheng, Chinese Ranking event, qualifying round 4, Sheffield

Scenario (B) Top 32 player v. Cao Kaisheng, Chinese Ranking event, round 1, Zhangjiagang

Can you not see how one scenario gives one player a huge advantage overt the other?

Mon, I'm aware of the need for Chinese players to relocate for long spells to the UK, and it's no coincidence that Cao Yupeng, Xiao Guodong & Liu Chuang (as players who have done so) all lost today. But you cannot ignore that they are 10,000 miles from home, or that homesickness can be a factor in some of the matches they lose at Sheffield? Or that they feel extra pressure to qualify for the China Open, than, say, the Welsh Open?

If you think that I want flatter draws to stop top 16 players winning tournaments, or even that I think it would stop this trend, you have seriously missed the point.

Postby randam05

Gotta be some sort of fix here! How can so many of these chinese amateurs be knocking out pros 4-3 from behind such as Ebdon being beaten 4-3 from 3-1 up! Its crazy! (Obviously is no fixing going on but i still find it hard to believe)

Postby Wildey

JIMO96 wrote:Wild, are you so easily confused? Stupid? Or just ignorant? You don't see any difference in these 2 scenarios:

Scenario (A) Top 32 player v. Cao Kaisheng, Chinese Ranking event, qualifying round 4, Sheffield

Scenario (B) Top 32 player v. Cao Kaisheng, Chinese Ranking event, round 1, Zhangjiagang

Can you not see how one scenario gives one player a huge advantage overt the other?

Mon, I'm aware of the need for Chinese players to relocate for long spells to the UK, and it's no coincidence that Cao Yupeng, Xiao Guodong & Liu Chuang (as players who have done so) all lost today. But you cannot ignore that they are 10,000 miles from home, or that homesickness can be a factor in some of the matches they lose at Sheffield? Or that they feel extra pressure to qualify for the China Open, than, say, the Welsh Open?

If you think that I want flatter draws to stop top 16 players winning tournaments, or even that I think it would stop this trend, you have seriously missed the point.

your the idiot

you havent got a bucking clue what im tryying to explain in simplistic bucking way <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

seriously mate try and use your bucking brain.

in a bucking match between 2 bastard players what the buck does it matter what grunting system is in use.

seriously this PLACEE IS FULL OF IDIOTS.